Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 05:05 AM

312 posts, read 909,821 times

Advertisements

Does anyone else think this might have some connection to the fact that Norway acknowledged the Palestinian state a couple of days ago? Might be some Zionists who hired a psychopath.
I don't think he could have done all of this by himself, this is not the typical behavior of a mentally disturbed neo-Nazi.

Old 07-23-2011, 05:06 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,872,814 times
The conclusion is that today there is no safe haven anymore, terrorism can strike anywhere anytime, fromm the Deep South to the Far North : a chilling thought.

Old 07-23-2011, 06:26 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,554,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stolpioni View Post
Does anyone else think this might have some connection to the fact that Norway acknowledged the Palestinian state a couple of days ago? Might be some Zionists who hired a psychopath.
I don't think he could have done all of this by himself, this is not the typical behavior of a mentally disturbed neo-Nazi.
He's not a neo-nazi, he's a Norwegian nationalist. Sometimes there's a difference. For instance, many Norwegian nationalists acted as the resistence against nazis at the time. He owned a business called Breivik Geofarm, which might have served him well to be provided with massive amounts of fertilizer and never raise a brow. He bought a few tons some weeks ago, apparently.

I see no Zionist association anywhere and neither do the Norwegian authorities, as far as we know.

Old 07-23-2011, 06:31 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,018,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Giant blast hits government buildings in Oslo, Norway - CNN.com

Wonder how much longer it's going to be until the prevailing tolerant western sentiment is finally pushed over the edge... Of course, nobody has claimed responsibility, yet - but I think most can guess a general answer to that question.
Well it wasn't whom you were inferring to.

Old 07-23-2011, 06:55 AM

5,536 posts, read 7,111,240 times
An absolutely hideous tragedy, but that's what that POS was aiming for.

His whole family will be reviled for generations.

Old 07-23-2011, 07:02 AM

1,226 posts, read 3,645,810 times
Quote:
Han har ingen bakgrunn fra Forsvaret, bortsett fra ordinær førstegangstjeneste.
According to the link posted here earlier (Pågrepet 32-åring kalte seg selv nasjonalistisk - VG Nett om Terrorangrepet 22. juli), he was NOT a vet. Unless "ingen" (= no/none/no one) means something completely different in Norweigan than in Swedish, the newsarticle states that he did the mandatory year in the defense (Norway enforces conscription), but not that he went to any war.
Haven't found any info on any Norweigan or Swedish news website stating differently, so I'm curious as to where people have found the info that he went to Afghanistan?

Only theory in the news right now seems to be that he was a (self proclaimed) right-winged nationalist who didn't believe in internationalism or multiculturalism. (I'm not an expert at this field, but as a psychology major and someone with common sense, it would to me be very strange if any "non-western" group/idea had any influence on this other than in his head.)

91 dead this far. Never thought this would happen in any of the Nordic countries ...

Old 07-23-2011, 07:15 AM

627 posts, read 1,295,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweden View Post
According to the link posted here earlier (Pågrepet 32-åring kalte seg selv nasjonalistisk - VG Nett om Terrorangrepet 22. juli), he was NOT a vet. Unless "ingen" (= no/none/no one) means something completely different in Norweigan than in Swedish, the newsarticle states that he did the mandatory year in the defense (Norway enforces conscription), but not that he went to any war.
Haven't found any info on any Norweigan or Swedish news website stating differently, so I'm curious as to where people have found the info that he went to Afghanistan?

Only theory in the news right now seems to be that he was a (self proclaimed) right-winged nationalist who didn't believe in internationalism or multiculturalism. (I'm not an expert at this field, but as a psychology major and someone with common sense, it would to me be very strange if any "non-western" group/idea had any influence on this other than in his head.)

91 dead this far. Never thought this would happen in any of the Nordic countries ...
Does Norway have a different definition of "vet" from here in the US?

Old 07-23-2011, 07:29 AM

288 posts, read 352,129 times
I wonder if that Breivik guy acted alone or had any accomplices. I mean parking several cars packed with explosives at the prime minister's office seems like a lot of work for one guy. Or was it just one car?

Old 07-23-2011, 07:45 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweden View Post
Update:

The youth camp is the Socialdemocrat's youth camp. (And the man shooting is probably a fake police officer).

Bomb in central Oslo, attacking the political buildings.
A man shooting at potential future Socialdemocrats (i.e. politicians).

I'm sensing a connection here.
Seems they're saying this guy was a rightwing fanatic,really hated social democrats
Was his political views that important that 90 unarmed civilians had to die to placate his need to make a political statement..

Old 07-23-2011, 08:25 AM

170 posts, read 769,072 times
A sizeable amount of the victims had a "migration background"so they were Turkish, Pakistani, Arab, Somali etc. That's why he chose this specific camp. It must have been a horrifying and gruesome scene in the camp during the shooting spree. It was reported by eyewitnesses that the thug killed injured youths by giving them headshots with his shotgun. That humans can do something like that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe