Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 04:49 PM

115 posts, read 471,498 times

Advertisements

Some people are just stupid you know Germans in general are friendly and I am one of them lol.

Old 12-26-2007, 11:47 PM

1,149 posts, read 5,635,158 times
British citizen, not English. English is an ethnicity with a particular gene pool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
One english player said he was frequently called the N word by his own white teammates.

Old 12-26-2007, 11:52 PM

1,149 posts, read 5,635,158 times
I would advise blacks not to visit Russia, unless they have death wishes.

Old 12-27-2007, 07:35 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,242,225 times
People are people, and minorities are treated badly or discriminated against in Europe like they are anywhere else. Bigotry is something that will take a few more generations to die out, but the BNP (a right wing fascist group) has still a large support group in the UK.

Old 12-27-2007, 03:12 PM

307 posts, read 1,397,397 times
I think that America has a bigger problem with Racism then Europe does. You see in Europe the "Image" of Black people does not exist the way it does in America. Many Americans assume that black people live in the slums or are gangsters" I personally do not think that. When I lived in Europe, I knew two black people who lived in my apartment building and they were treated with much welcome. The attitude is totally different .

But in Europe, Black People get treated without much hostility. The "N" word does get used occasionally in Europe. But it is not in such a horrible regard as it is America.

Old 12-27-2007, 03:23 PM

384 posts, read 1,709,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUGH View Post
With the influx of so many Nigerians to many European countries, the ‘black’ image has deteriorated. The vast majority (according to many reports) come in the guise of Asylum Seekers and end up involved in crime and welfare abuse (e.g. having welfare payments sent directly to their bank in Nigeria). Unfortunately some Europeans when seeing a black person assume that they are Nigerian and consequently react negatively.
You know what's sad, to see that because of the actions of a few the entire nation gets accused. I have met quite a few Nigerians and have even been taught by them and I can honestly say they are one of the best people that I have ever met.Yes we can all agree that some Nigerians and their scams are irritating and give others a bad name, but heck what race and culture don't have their fair share of menaces? It's only sad that those individuals sticks out more than the really good ones; hence the mislabeling of an entire nation.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:09 AM

1 posts, read 7,096 times
Racism is passe. I live in the essence of greatness and happiness. People dont influence or hinder my movements. I define mself. I dont care how I am recieved. I love being of African descent and I am blessed to have traveled the world and I will continue to do so. I have been embraced EVRYwhere that I have been in Europe, France, UK, Portugal. I will be in Spain and Italy in a few months and I plan to have a great time. True there are ignorant people worldwide, but racism is an extension of thier own insecurities and shortcommings. Mental midgets simply do not share the same stratesphere as I, so I choose to love all people and in return I dont even notice the negative ones. I do have certain interests as an African woman and I love being around other people of African descent worldwide. My advice is to plan your trip according to the places that you would like to visit and step like you have diamonds on the soles of your feet. Bring your essence, know who you are, take pride in the glory of your ancestors as well as present day examples like Barak Obama and Oprah. I doubt they are worried about racism determining thier travel plans. Much love people. Expand your minds, thus your horizons.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:39 AM

212 posts, read 689,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsteper View Post
Racism is passe. I live in the essence of greatness and happiness. People dont influence or hinder my movements. I define mself. I dont care how I am recieved. I love being of African descent and I am blessed to have traveled the world and I will continue to do so. I have been embraced EVRYwhere that I have been in Europe, France, UK, Portugal. I will be in Spain and Italy in a few months and I plan to have a great time. True there are ignorant people worldwide, but racism is an extension of thier own insecurities and shortcommings. Mental midgets simply do not share the same stratesphere as I, so I choose to love all people and in return I dont even notice the negative ones. I do have certain interests as an African woman and I love being around other people of African descent worldwide. My advice is to plan your trip according to the places that you would like to visit and step like you have diamonds on the soles of your feet. Bring your essence, know who you are, take pride in the glory of your ancestors as well as present day examples like Barak Obama and Oprah. I doubt they are worried about racism determining thier travel plans. Much love people. Expand your minds, thus your horizons.
Brilliant! And I agree 100%.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:46 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,712,084 times
Watch this video in it's entirety.

YouTube - Beautiful Game Turned Ugly: Racism in Europe's Soccer Arenas

Old 03-24-2009, 02:30 AM

300 posts, read 1,014,935 times
Blacks are treated like kings/queens in most of Europe.
Only country that actually is racist, is Russia.

In Finland especially, Muslims are the kings of kings. Social Security gives all 4 free. To avoid terrorist attacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe