Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are European women just not as big on race when it comes to dating?
No, they care way less about race, it really means nothing to them 21 17.50%
They care but not the extent that American women do 42 35.00%
They care just as much as American women 25 20.83%
They care about it even more 32 26.67%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 03:15 PM

7,032 posts, read 14,483,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestMind View Post
Where In europe did you live?

And you are right most people in europe are way more direct that your average american with the exception of maybe the British culture. This even goes far beyond to other human situations such as dating. Americans are almost never direct, neither they will really mean what they do, for example when they smile, I've noticed in many americans a very fake smile as if they would do those because they think Its a must/correct but not because they really mean it. No wonder the US is such a ****ed up place for human relations, most guys come to forums to complain about americans women or why they feel so bad about the american society, because highly competitiveness and consumism leads to no where, and what gives u as solution the media? pills and any other sort of medicaments in order to make u consume even more but does not solve the problem from its core that is the lifestyle.
The relative "directness" of many Europeans almost borderlined culture shock..

Considering how us Chinese are probably even more subtle than Americans (nevermind Europeans) from my experience..

Old 09-30-2011, 03:24 PM

4,040 posts, read 7,442,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Seattle = Alabama = Hawaii = Boston = Miami?
On those fundamental aspects of life that really matter - yes.
Superficially, no.

Old 10-01-2011, 10:13 AM

14,021 posts, read 15,022,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by syracusa View Post
On those fundamental aspects of life that really matter - yes.
Superficially, no.
Have you been out of your house? Hawaii is way differant than Boston which is Differant than Alabama, unless fundamental aspects are food and water, that is false.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:25 AM

6,558 posts, read 12,051,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBodyUK View Post
Do you think it's anything to do with your accent? Do you still have an Indian accent - most women HATE the Indian accent.

I'm from UK (now in LA), East Asian men there aren't considered desirable at all, especially Chinese. East Asian women aren't really that big of a deal there either - the most desirable women are white and Indian. There is a very negative "Mail order bride" stigma against white guys with East Asian women in UK.

This is probably due to demographics - Indians are the biggest minority in UK. I have seen plenty of Indian guys with pretty white girls in UK.

One thing I've noticed about a lot of Indian guys in the US is that they are fresh from India - they're not considered cool, due to accent, fashion sense etc. In UK due to different immigration patterns, most of the Indians guys there under 40 were born there and are pretty mainstream. Lots of white women in UK date south asian guys.

I saw a British TV show last night were 2 women (one mixed race, one white) were competing for an Indian guy. I couldn't imagine that in a US TV show anytime soon.

You also have the Metro PCS adverts which are racist as hell (and would never be allowed on UK TV) giving bad imagery regarding Indian men. Another thing - almost none of the Indian actors/actresses who appear on US TV are good looking! Aziz Ansari, Mindy Kaling etc.

The only decent looking one right now is in Big Bang Theory (Kunnal Nayar) and he plays a nerd! The only Indian guy on US TV I've ever heard non-Indian women rave about is the one who was in Heroes (Sendhil Ramamurthy).
What do British women think of Japanese guys, or half-Japanese? I love Asian girls, but when I was in the UK I was going for my stereotypical image of a British gal, white/Anglo and preferably blonde. According to "Van Willder 2", Taj didn't seem to have problems picking up British girls, like in the opening scene in the airplane lavatory. That's the kind of British woman I wanted as mentioned.

Old 10-03-2011, 05:45 PM

331 posts, read 735,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
What do British women think of Japanese guys, or half-Japanese? I love Asian girls, but when I was in the UK I was going for my stereotypical image of a British gal, white/Anglo and preferably blonde. According to "Van Willder 2", Taj didn't seem to have problems picking up British girls, like in the opening scene in the airplane lavatory. That's the kind of British woman I wanted as mentioned.
Well most British don't really think about Japanese becuase there's not many Japanese there! Or Koreans for that matter. They're not really on the radar for most women. They would probably be confused for Chinese, so the average British woman would probably not be interested.

The stereotypical image of a British woman is NOT blonde, I don't know where you get that from...

BTW in UK "Asian" = South Asian.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:06 PM

85 posts, read 214,607 times
Quote:
Well most British don't really think about Japanese becuase there's not many Japanese there! Or Koreans for that matter. They're not really on the radar for most women. They would probably be confused for Chinese, so the average British woman would probably not be interested.

The stereotypical image of a British woman is NOT blonde, I don't know where you get that from...

BTW in UK "Asian" = South Asian.
Thats true, full grown blondes (natural ones) are a minority within the UK, specially in wales most of scotland and southern/ western regions of england where a lot have even dark brown hair. The most common hair color for british women is mousy brown. But again maybe in china, india or countries like that even a person with mousy brown hair would be seen as blonde, cause they do not have anything else back in their home countries than jet black hair.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:18 PM

114 posts, read 191,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chingssecret11 View Post
I am an Indian guy, and I have to agree with the observations, I live in the USA currently been living here since 7 years and so far have had no White girl interested in me or give me a second look, I get plenty of attention from Asian, Indian, Mixed and Black women though, for once I tried dating a White girl but she happened to be stuck up like the rest of the White girls.

European women on the other hand were much more interested in knowing and learning about my culture, although all my conversations with them were based online, I could still sense that they were really interested in learning about other cultures and people from other parts of the world, American White women are usually very ignorant about other cultures and people from other parts of the world and so they tend to look down upon anyone they deem uncool, East Asians and South East Asians are deemed "unmanly" and so looked down upon when it comes to dating, the only beautiful White girls that sleep with Indian men are the ones that go after the Indian guy's money and want to squeeze his wallet or the hookers who work for money, I have never seen an Indian guy ever with a beautiful White girl, on the other hand, I have seen lots of Indian men with very beautiful Asian, Indian, Black, and Mixed women, makes me feel that White American women are very stuckup in their ways.

I think we can all agree immediate attraction, for both men and women, is based on a complex panoply of physical characteristics. American women don't necessarily dislike Asian men but do in fact look for some aspects, particularly physical but also cultural, that mimic our own culture and appearance. It has also been proven that highly attractive people generally have very symmetric faces with large, wide set eyes. I don't believe this is particularly based on western aesthetics but is generally shared across the worlds cultures.

I was noticing an Asian model (certainly a 9+ since we are rating people) who was in Yohji Yamamoto's Spring 12 menswear show last June. This man would have absolutely no problem attracting anyone--he is that attractive.

Unfortunately most people, whether male or female, don't have that advantage so rely on other traits to make a connection and win their intended over. Sorry to be so blunt but most women love a man who is reasonable assertive, intelligent, kind, attentive, and excels at a certain sexual act (I leave this to your imaginations...). In the long run, no amount of money, status, or good looks can make up for deficits in the aforementioned categories.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:11 PM

331 posts, read 735,098 times
Quote:
Thats true, full grown blondes (natural ones) are a minority within the UK, specially in wales most of scotland and southern/ western regions of england where a lot have even dark brown hair. The most common hair color for british women is mousy brown. But again maybe in china, india or countries like that even a person with mousy brown hair would be seen as blonde, cause they do not have anything else back in their home countries than jet black hair.
Not true, there's plenty of Indians with brown and light brown hair, my niece's hair is a darkish dirty blonde, and she's pure Indian.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:35 AM

85 posts, read 214,607 times
Quote:
Not true, there's plenty of Indians with brown and light brown hair, my niece's hair is a darkish dirty blonde, and she's pure Indian.

Some kids yes, but not the adults. As they grow they get their hair darker like the rest of indian population. Some arabs can have lighter hair but indians arent arabs.

Last edited by HonestMind; 10-04-2011 at 09:07 AM..

Old 10-09-2011, 01:25 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,307,651 times
to make things simple, less games are played out there...its a little more direct. It depends on how your looking at the situation, as either a native, tourist, or expat.

once you learn the language things change and your not thinking about whose this or that....you just want to have some fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe