U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 12:26 PM

2,737 posts, read 1,582,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
P.S. There is a difference between Русские (Russians) and Российские or Россияне (citizens of Russia). These days, it's more accurate to use Российские when speaking about the citizenry of the Russian Federation, including all the ethnicities, rather than Русские, which can be confusing in certain contexts. Not all citizens of Russia are Russians ( Русские).

Ruth4Truth ,You are right!!! the way it is
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 01:48 PM

31,231 posts, read 16,472,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post
I'm curious about the Pacific Coast of Russia...

Does anyone know how is life in that region?

Does anyone here already visited Vladivostok, Magadan, Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky or any other city in that region?
To get back to the original topic: Vladivostok and Khabarovsk are tropical in the summers, not in a good way. Impossibly hot and humid, July is the worst. Petro-Pavlovsk has the best weather in the summer, like the Pacific Northwest of the US, and winters are relatively mild, like southern Alaska. In contrast to Yakutia or Mongolia, where it gets to 60 below zero and worse. Kamchatka is very liveable, that's my impression.

Finally, there has been some hydroelectric development in the Khabarovsk region, so the city now has air-conditioning, a must for surviving those hot summers! It's a real break-through.

My vote, for living in the RFE would be Kamchatka or Khabarovsk. My personal favorite is Ulan Ude, Buryatia, but that's nowhere near the RFE.

I wonder, how is the heat supply in Petro-Pavlovsk? Back in the late 90's, it was unreliable, and some apartment buildings didn't have heat in winter. Has that problem been solved?

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 05-17-2012 at 02:02 PM..

Old 05-17-2012, 03:25 PM

Heat supply, as well as in any other city, OK. Gas pull from the North of the Kamchatka Peninsula. Petropavlovsk is located in the South. We have a thermal power plant is one of the most modern and powerful stations of this type. It is worth to thermal springs. Soon will come the sea of atomic electro-station

Old 05-17-2012, 03:57 PM

31,231 posts, read 16,472,166 times
Thermal power plant. Very ecological! Atomic isn't a good idea in an earthquake zone.

Old 05-17-2012, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Thermal power plant. Very ecological! Atomic isn't a good idea in an earthquake zone.
It will be like a ship on the water, the projects of these plants will be exported to the United States

Old 05-17-2012, 05:12 PM

By the way right now, photos of thermal station

Old 05-17-2012, 06:08 PM

11,527 posts, read 6,687,432 times
On the ferry from Vladivostok to South Korea and Japan can you take your car with you? And can you find Japanese or Korean registered cars in Russia? or Russian cars in Japan or Korea?

Old 05-17-2012, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley_1LOVE View Post
On the ferry from Vladivostok to South Korea and Japan can you take your car with you? And can you find Japanese or Korean registered cars in Russia? or Russian cars in Japan or Korea?
Register всеровно in России.Но Yes можно.от Sakhalin to Japan 40 км.Авто usually they were not going there and from Korea and Japan in the far East and throughout Russia.
A there is no sense to take a car, because they're there in 3 -4 times cheaper than in the far East Rossii.esli in the far East of Russia were prices such as in Japan or Korea to auto, then we would have bought new through every 1-2 months

Old 05-17-2012, 09:29 PM

11,049 posts, read 9,360,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
OyCrumbler,I for You and anyone interested created an album in your profile There where the inscription of Vladivostok, there он.Там where I and my land - Petropavlovsk-To
Awesome! You're a real asset to the forum. Do you have any pictures of more personal, street-level variety, maybe something along the lines of this?

Old 05-18-2012, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Awesome! You're a real asset to the forum. Do you have any pictures of more personal, street-level variety, maybe something along the lines of this?
Thanks! There Is but such as I have not wanted a very personal exhibit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe