U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 08:29 PM

2,737 posts, read 1,650,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
Well we have another thing in common in some places our Roads here in Canada are falling apart and need alot of work..

But we are seeing alot of new Bridges, Overpasses and Streches of Freeway being built and Maintained by Large Private Companies that charge a small toll (ontop of our taxes) to use them as our Local City and Provincal (state) Govronments contract the work out to private firms more and more.
Here, I talked about it and that in Russia now give in private hands and that is good. Russia has a lot of built objects, buildings, bridges, and so forth today.On Kamchatka the bad roads in Russia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2012, 08:53 PM

31,708 posts, read 17,319,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexi-in-Arlington-Heights View Post
How does it feel to live in far east russia? Like either the Kamchatka region or the one where there is siberian tigers? i was wondering if any of you have either visited or lived their? I want to know if life is hard there or can it be done?
The tigers are being poached. Chinese cross the border and take them, and occasionally people from the local tribes kill one and sell it to the Chinese.

Kamchatka is great. Khabarovsk and the Amur River are great. See the other thread for details.

Last edited by Vichel; 05-28-2012 at 12:38 PM.. Reason: Just removing your note about the duplicate thread.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
How are the Roads in Russia?

Do you guys have alot of Heavy Traffic outside Major Cities?
The roads are naturally bad because of the temperature extremes. The same is true in Alaska and Canada. Hot summers, winters with heavy snow, the extreme seasons wreck roads.

Traffic-wise, it depends on which cities you're talking about. Not much traffic around the Far East and parts of Siberia, except for occasional logging trucks, that's been my observation.

Some people swear by Russian cars, they say they're more suited to the harsh winters. I know people who will only by Nevas (the little SUV-type car), others use jeeps (without shock absorbers!!).

Old 05-28-2012, 02:00 AM

2,737 posts, read 1,650,715 times
Hee. Ruth4Truth,SUV without shock absorbers(You spoke of the springs?) With regard to the Kamchatka and Vladivostok (there was not already a few years) a lot of cars with shock absorbers but less often have to change the (bad roads and pits) and they are more parquet SUV than the true SUV.Но surprising and in Kamchatka, there are many of them (parquet) But If the true SUV-it must be a 1-on its springs, 2 - on special tires, 3 - raised (with a very large clearance) 4 - to have a winch. In the middle of quite another thing, a lot of cheap auto, most Russians but this again depends on the city.

Old 05-28-2012, 01:10 PM

No, I was talking about the Neva when I said "SUV". That may not be an accurate description, but it's the closest thing to an SUV that Russia was producing. It's the jeeps, like the army jeeps, that don't have shock absorbers (springs), but maybe nowadays they do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe