U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 01:50 PM

282 posts, read 937,113 times
Question How is life in the Pacific Coast of Russia?

How does it feel to live in far east russia? Like either the Kamchatka region or the one where there is siberian tigers? i was wondering if any of you have either visited or lived their? I want to know if life is hard there or can it be done?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2011, 02:37 PM

1,456 posts, read 1,687,877 times
Question How is life in the Pacific Coast of Russia?

I'm curious about the Pacific Coast of Russia...

Does anyone know how is life in that region?

Does anyone here already visited Vladivostok, Magadan, Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky or any other city in that region?

Old 11-21-2011, 02:38 PM

1,456 posts, read 1,687,877 times
And just out of curiosity, does people here consider a white Russian who was born and raised in Vladivostok as an European or as an Asian?

Old 11-21-2011, 03:06 PM

3,323 posts, read 2,705,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post
And just out of curiosity, does people here consider a white Russian who was born and raised in as an European or as an Asian?
I see them as Siberian.
The Russian land East from Perm i consider Siberia.
Which is not Europe/Asia imo.
I see it as a whole different continent.

Old 11-21-2011, 09:03 PM

5,432 posts, read 3,604,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post
And just out of curiosity, does people here consider a white Russian who was born and raised in Vladivostok as an European or as an Asian?
MalaMan, there is no such thing as "white Russian" and "black Russian"))))

( unless we are talking of children of Africans born in Russia...
So let me rephrase it then; all Russians are white, unless we are talking about people of different ethnic background living in Russian Federation.

Old 11-21-2011, 09:15 PM

742 posts, read 678,951 times
They may not be ethnically Asian but since they are born and raised in an area that is considered Asia, the Russians of Siberia are Asian in my book.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:34 PM

431 posts, read 305,351 times
In China, Russians are considered one of the 56 official ethnic minorities:

Family Portraits of all 56 ethnic groups in China | ChinaHush

Old 11-21-2011, 10:42 PM

742 posts, read 678,951 times
^^^

That's really something I did not expect - regarding Russians being considered one of the 56 ethnic groups of China! Thanks for the info man!

Old 11-21-2011, 10:50 PM

5,432 posts, read 3,604,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockUnderMyKilt View Post
In China, Russians are considered one of the 56 official ethnic minorities:

Family Portraits of all 56 ethnic groups in China | ChinaHush
I've heard that Russians of the first wave of immigration (soon after the revolution in 1917) settled in China ( the rest escaped to Europe, and settled mostly in France and Germany.)
But I am not sure in what city/province - Harbin may be?
I've heard that some people from the Russian Far East move to China as well due to economic hardship.
A lot of Chinese on another hand move to live in Russian Far East, since it's becoming increasingly depopulated.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:00 PM

16 posts, read 20,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
MalaMan, there is no such thing as "white Russian" and "black Russian"))))

( unless we are talking of children of Africans born in Russia...
So let me rephrase it then; all Russians are white, unless we are talking about people of different ethnic background living in Russian Federation.
There are White Russians.. What are Belorussians if they aren't White Russians?

But seriously, Русь people are Русь. In Russia we have no need to call our own countrymen (who are Russian) any label other than Russian. Its completely ridiculous for me to say to my neighbor born and raised in Vladivostok he is 'Asian' this label doesn't matter as he is Russian.

And people living in the RF who are of diffrent ethnic backgrounds might be citizens of the RF, but they aren't Russian, they don't even call themselves Russian. Have you ever met a single churka that says "I am a Russian" ? Maybe "I live in Russian" "I am from Russia" "I was born in Russia" but never "I am Russian"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe