Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 02:41 PM

27,549 posts, read 28,630,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Another favorite for Americans is the Sound of Music locations... not so much for Austrians... but very popular with Americans and Japanese tourists...
The song in the video is from the Sound of Music.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 03:02 PM

1,472 posts, read 3,545,349 times
My home state is blessed with incredible natural beauty. I've traveled a fair bit both in North America and Western Europe and I haven't seem anywhere that compares to the "density" of things to see in a relatively small space. From the Central and North Coast to the Sierra Nevada National Parks its just amazing. Architecture? Well, not so much. We have some pretty places, but nothing on the historic and classical scale of European cities and towns. But as far as physical beauty it can't be beat.

Old 10-10-2015, 02:54 AM

1 posts, read 623 times
Every country has its own charm. Only narrow-minded people can guide their appreciation based on fame, richness and colonisation history. In fact, take a look at Romania, it is much more beautiful and has some extras: Carpathians (which are fully forested to the top), Danube delta (which is unique), Black Sea seaside (which Austria doesn't have at all). All Austria is about is its richness in culture and wealth. However they acquired this state by robbing other countries and that doesn't make it a charming country to me. France, Spain, Switzerland, Denmark or Norway are way more beautiful than Austria. It all depends IF you want to see the real truth or just take for granted what is given to you via marketing.

Old 10-10-2015, 03:42 AM

2,974 posts, read 2,813,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazmanoi View Post
Every country has its own charm. Only narrow-minded people can guide their appreciation based on fame, richness and colonisation history. In fact, take a look at Romania, it is much more beautiful and has some extras: Carpathians (which are fully forested to the top), Danube delta (which is unique), Black Sea seaside (which Austria doesn't have at all). All Austria is about is its richness in culture and wealth. However they acquired this state by robbing other countries and that doesn't make it a charming country to me. France, Spain, Switzerland, Denmark or Norway are way more beautiful than Austria. It all depends IF you want to see the real truth or just take for granted what is given to you via marketing.
If you don't like Austria for that reason, you shouldn't like France either, most of the artistic works exposed at the Louvre who come from foreign countries were basically taken either during the Napoleonic Wars or other minor wars.

Old 10-10-2015, 08:46 AM

2,304 posts, read 2,960,636 times
I vote for Switzerland. Outdoes the beauty of Austria which is indeed beautiful in its western, not so much eastern areas.

Old 10-10-2015, 09:38 AM

9,523 posts, read 16,503,270 times
I found Austria to be very beautiful, at least the areas I visited. I have been to Austria twice. The first trip was a bus tour when I lived in Germany, and we went to Salzburg, and I believe Kaprun and some other areas. On another trip I drove down, and we visited Innsbruck and that area. These were very beautiful areas of Austria.

Old 10-10-2015, 10:50 AM

6,467 posts, read 8,181,810 times
Yes, Austria is a beautiful country, but I still prefer Switzerland.

Old 10-11-2015, 04:48 AM

570 posts, read 604,532 times
The Tirol of Austria is very beautiful.
But northern of Spain is The Tirol glued to the sea

Here is a video of Spain a small continent full of deserts and Tiroles etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-4ABocZ074

Old 10-12-2015, 02:15 PM

2,452 posts, read 2,379,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I think for sheer diversity and spectacular-ness of the landscape China is definitely a contender for most beautiful. Like the US it seems to have every type of landscape you can imagine. It has mountains higher and more spectacular than the Alps, without the Austrian/Swiss architecture though, canyons, glaciers, deserts, forests etc.
China is almost perfect, it's only missing volcanos. From the countries i have been nothing beats the US and Argentina in terms of variety of landscape
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe