Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 06:30 AM

190 posts, read 571,394 times

Advertisements

Check Europedia, haplotypes.
After the Ice Age, 12.000-10.000, Western Europe was inhabited by the same people called "Alpines" today. They settled all Europe from Ice Age shelters in southern and Atlantic Europe. During the Ice Age, most Northen Europe and Scandinavia were covered by ice.
Some 3.000 to 6.000 years ago, Europe was invaded by Indoeuropeans R1b "Maykop culture". They practically exterminated most of the male population in many parts of Western Europe, except Scandinavia and Greece.
So if you remove Rib and Ria haplotypes, and those corresponding to Uralic and Tirkic invaders after the Roman Empire (Huns, Alans, Bulgars, etc), you can find traces of the former inhabitants of Europe.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:41 PM

37,147 posts, read 39,394,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montpensier View Post
The origin of REAL Irish people is Spain (8.000 years ago).
If you are Scottish, then you are not Irish.
Not only that, your ancestors committed genocide against Irish people.
If your ancestry is not Irish, then you are as Irish as a third-generation Cantonese living in Dublin except that Cantonese did not try to exterminate Irish people.
Oh good, I love the road to racial purity.

Old 12-26-2012, 01:04 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times
This entire thread makes no sense... Seems some people are running out of topics

Old 12-27-2012, 04:30 AM

190 posts, read 571,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Oh good, I love the road to racial purity.
Planters in the Ulster are not Irish as Llanitos in Gibraltar are not Spanish.

Old 02-16-2013, 06:30 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,430,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by french user View Post
There are probably millions of people in Europe that doesn't have a gene for light-eyes. Not all the people of one area in Europe have the same genome. The visible features of "ethnicities" are not shared by everyone in this group; it is just a question of "averages". Usually, stereotypically, The more you go to the south of Europe, the more you have a greater frequence of dark eyes, and the more you go to the north, the more you have a high frequence for light eyes. The same for the "hidden" genes.
Everywhere in Europe you can have light eyes, a lot of Andalucians or Sicilians have light eyes. Inversely, a lot of Scandinavian can have dark eyes.

Actually the peoples of Europe doesn't form homogenous distinct groups, but tend to be part of a continuum, the neighboring populations usually tend to overlap on the "genetic map".

Most of the populations of the countries of north-western Europe tend to largely overlap (England, Ireland, Denmark, Northern Germany); when actually the southern European peoples, contrary to the common belief do not form such a continuity: Iberian populations (Spanish and Portuguese) tend to completly overlap, while the are quite distinct to Italy. French population is a sort of "bridge" between the Iberians and North-western Europeans. Italy has a lot of genetic diversity, the northern populations are the closest to Spaniards and French peoples, but the south tend to share more genetics with eastern mediterranean peoples (greek, leventines)

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/gn...ion-752360.jpg
http://nextnature.net/wp-content/upl...europe_530.jpg
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/gn...es/genmap1.jpg
Yes, indeed the vast majority of indigenous Europeans do have the genes for light eyes. However this decreases from north to south. Yes even in Greece, people have light eyes but would be less numerous than in France or Switzerland for example.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:04 PM

Light eyes distribution throughout Europe. Ethnic Europeans("Whites") by region from highest to lowest.

Northwestern

Ireland-83%
Scotland-80%
Netherlands-76%
England-74%
Wales-68%
Belgium-60%
France-50%

Northern

Finland-89%
Norway,Sweden-88%
Denmark,Estonia-85%
Latvia-83%
Lithuania-78%

Southwestern

Italy-30%
Spain-25%
Portugal-23%

Central

Germany-70%
Czech Republic-65%
Slovakia-63%
Austria,Switzerland-53%
Slovenia-50%
Hungary-43%
Croatia-40%

Eastern

Belarus-74%
Poland-68%
Russia-65%
Ukraine-53%

Southeastern

Bosnia,Herzegovina-38%
Romania-33%
Bulgaria,Serbia-28%
Albania-20%
Greece,Turkey(Anatolia)-18%

Old 02-16-2013, 07:13 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,927,203 times
I wonder if there is a single Chinese or Japanese person without straight black hair and brown eyes? It seems amazing to me that a population of over 1 billion people all have the same hair and eye color. I think my family has a more diverse range of hair color, hair straightness, and eye color than all of China.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:18 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
I wonder if there is a single Chinese or Japanese person without straight black hair and brown eyes? It seems amazing to me that a population of over 1 billion people all have the same hair and eye color. I think my family has a more diverse range of hair color, hair straightness, and eye color than all of China.
I don't know if you count it but many many Chinese people have wavy hair/loose curls. I've also met some with very curly, basically negroid hair (though this is very rare). Due to mutations some also have blue and other coloured eyes. In Western China and Mongolia lighter-hair and light-eyes are not unknown.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:01 PM

195 posts, read 350,465 times
I heard some asian older women have "natural" curly hair. The also wear sunglasses and dress sporty. It makes you wonder what their genetic makeup is.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post

The dark brown areas on the map especially interests me. I know though rare some Sicilians and Turks can have blue eyes, so would you say the gene for having light eyes (blue, grey, green) is universal throughout Europe? I know it even extends outside Europe, but I'm wondering if there are ANY populations in Europe that are 100% dark-eyed (excluding mutations)?
The majority does, but it dcreases as you south.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe