Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2015, 04:39 PM

10,889 posts, read 2,190,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotten username View Post
I am french, half from the south, and i'm pretty far from being dark. More like really white, and reddish in the summer. I have green eyes. I do have dark brown hair though, but so does Harry Potter.
Haha, t'es comme moi ! Sorry, don't mind me...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 07:09 AM

2,825 posts, read 5,262,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ- View Post
Haha, t'es comme moi ! Sorry, don't mind me...
Inversely I'm from northern France and I'm dark haired and eyed, with backgrounds from various regions (mainly Britanny, Burgundy and Provence).

As you said most people is nowadays quite mixed north-south wise as the differences are not obvious for most people.

Old 12-31-2015, 07:53 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,424,938 times
Quote:
I am french, half from the south, and i'm pretty far from being dark. More like really white, and reddish in the summer. I have green eyes. I do have dark brown hair though, but so does Harry Potter.
Daniel Radcliffe ("Harry Potter), is pale, blue-eyed, and medium brown not quite dark brown hair. His ancestry is 50% Irish and 50% Ashkenazin Jew.

Old 02-13-2016, 05:55 PM

1 posts, read 979 times
Good evening ! I'm new here, I'm french and I follow your discusses since a few times. Excuse me please, my english is far from perfect.

I join you pics of my french family. I'm from Lille, but my family comes from Grenoble, Auvergne, Lorraine and nord pas de calais. Maybe it can answer to your questions about the french physical features ? I think we're a typical french family. Do we look latin or closed to greeks as I read in ones of your posts ?

It's me

My sister and dad.

My brother.

And mum.

A friend.

Bonne journée

Last edited by arthurdim; 02-13-2016 at 07:00 PM..

Old 02-14-2016, 02:36 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,287,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Daniel Radcliffe ("Harry Potter), is pale, blue-eyed, and medium brown not quite dark brown hair. His ancestry is 50% Irish and 50% Ashkenazin Jew.
I'm as pale as him, my hair might be a bit darker but not too much. If I went to Ireland I would not feel too strange then.

Old 02-14-2016, 03:04 AM

10,889 posts, read 2,190,823 times
Quote:
I'm as pale as him, my hair might be a bit darker but not too much. If I went to Ireland I would not feel too strange then.
do you have some freckles? and in school, did you have the "chance" to hear people say "t'es aussi blanc(he) que mon cul"? because i did, also the vampire joke and the "la farine c'est dans les gâteaux, pas sur le visage" joke

Old 02-14-2016, 03:24 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,287,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ- View Post
do you have some freckles? and in school, did you have the "chance" to hear people say "t'es aussi blanc(he) que mon cul"? because i did, also the vampire joke and the "la farine c'est dans les gâteaux, pas sur le visage" joke
not at that point No freckles but lots of beauty marks though.

Old 02-14-2016, 05:19 AM

426 posts, read 394,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by french user View Post
Inversely I'm from northern France and I'm dark haired and eyed, with backgrounds from various regions (mainly Britanny, Burgundy and Provence).

As you said most people is nowadays quite mixed north-south wise as the differences are not obvious for most people.

When I travel to France, I also see that many French have very diverse last names from all Europe. It seems that the country received many people during the 19th century or the beginning of the 20th.

Old 02-15-2016, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthurdim View Post
Good evening ! I'm new here, I'm french and I follow your discusses since a few times. Excuse me please, my english is far from perfect.

I join you pics of my french family. I'm from Lille, but my family comes from Grenoble, Auvergne, Lorraine and nord pas de calais. Maybe it can answer to your questions about the french physical features ? I think we're a typical french family. Do we look latin or closed to greeks as I read in ones of your posts ?

It's me

My sister and dad.

My brother.

And mum.

A friend.

Bonne journée
In my personal opinion. You "look" more like a Central European (Swiss, Austrian, etc...), you could be pass as a Belgian too though. Oh well, as you've said that some of your blood is from northern France, I see that too. Now you seem a little confused, we said culturally France is much closer to Spain or Italy, however phenotypically France is quite diverse due to the fact your country is large in Europe and borders at least five different European nations!

Old 02-15-2016, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Hey I never said you would feel "strange" in Ireland. You just don't look "typically Irish" to me, that's all. I know French people who could. In my opinion, there are more Australians, Canadians, Americans who would pass for Irish than the French (I've lived there).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe