Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 02:20 AM

283 posts, read 172,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Are you kidding? Italy has some very famous beaches. Just look at it, it's got the longest coastline out of those countries...far too many to name.

Generally people don't JUST go to Italy for the beaches because there's so much else to see, culture etc. The same can be said of the other countries, but it does seem there are more dedicated beach resort areas in the other countries. In general, the idea of anywhere advertised as a 'beach resort' is a bit of a turnoff. It usually means crowds. I love beaches, but the quieter, less changed by tourism the better.

To fly from Australia or China or USA to go to beach in Italy... is simple "stupid"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2018, 03:13 AM

622 posts, read 427,369 times
Sure, if you compare Spanish and Portuguese beaches with German or British beaches, other than that, not comparable with tropical destinations.

Old 10-03-2018, 03:40 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,290,442 times
Italy has beaches but they're actually not the main reason people travel to this country.

I don't really like them because they are expensive and crowded, and the nice (and free) ones are far away from where I live.

Old 10-03-2018, 07:25 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,124,703 times
Italy has nice beaches but Portugal has much better surf.

Old 10-03-2018, 07:29 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,024,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHESTER MANIFOLD View Post
Sure, if you compare Spanish and Portuguese beaches with German or British beaches, other than that, not comparable with tropical destinations.
Britain has one of the longest coastlines in Europe (about 10000 km of it), there are some stunningly beautiful beaches in the UK, why would you think otherwise? Unless of course you don't know what you are talking about!

Old 10-03-2018, 06:23 PM

5,869 posts, read 4,208,266 times
If you do not hear of their beaches, then they are not famous for them. Definition of "famous".

Old 10-04-2018, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Britain has one of the longest coastlines in Europe (about 10000 km of it), there are some stunningly beautiful beaches in the UK, why would you think otherwise? Unless of course you don't know what you are talking about!

Sure, the most stunning beaches in Spain and France... and Europe are in the Atlantic coast, some in your country, Gaellecia.

But who is the hero that dares to bathe there, freezing water.

Praia das Catedrais, Lucus Augusti, Gaellecia, once part of Spanish Britannia or the area of influence of Britonia founded by Britons fleeing from pirates, you should visit the area. There's a dialect in the area influenced by Briton. Unfortunately, Vikings burned down the Briton capital and from then on started to lose power. They had bad luck with piratesl.

I only know Brighton in Britannia which has a freezing water and the adjoining area. I only know that I set one of my feet in the water and came out purple. No wonder all Britons are in Benidorm.

According to Romans, Britannia had a good weather and produced one of the best wines of the empire, your beloved rock must be entering into a premature glaciation period.

Last edited by CHESTER MANIFOLD; 10-04-2018 at 06:14 AM..

Old 10-04-2018, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Sure, the most stunning beaches in Spain and France... and Europe are in the Atlantic coast, some in your country, Gaellecia.

But who is the hero that dares to bathe there, freezing water.

Praia das Catedrais, Lucus Augusti, Gaellecia, once part of Spanish Britannia or the area of influence of Britonia founded by Britons fleeing from pirates, you should visit the area. There's a dialect in the area influenced by Briton. Unfortunately, Vikings burned down the Briton capital and from then on started to lose power. They had bad luck with piratesl.

I only know Brighton in Britannia which has a freezing water and the adjoining area. I only know that I set one of my feet in the water and came out purple. No wonder all Britons are in Benidorm.

According to Romans, Britannia had a good weather and produced one of the best wines of the empire, your beloved rock must be entering into a premature glaciation period.
As a surfer I have spent MANY hours in the sea off the coast of the UK (usually the South West), people bathe in the sea off the coast of the UK but only really for 4 months of the year. It became 'fashionable' in Georgian times to bathe in the sea and Brighton was only a fishing village until the King made it a popular spot to bathe. I have surfed the Cornish coast in March but only wearing a wet suit. Some of the beaches in the West Country are stunningly beautiful.

https://www.visitcornwall.com/beaches

Any country that happens to be an island (a big island at that) is going to have its fair share of beautiful beaches.

Old 10-04-2018, 10:40 AM

Hispania is a paene-insula, almost an island with more coasts, bigger too.

Old 10-05-2018, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Hispania is a paene-insula, almost an island with more coasts, bigger too.
You might find this interesting, in Europe only Norway, Greenland and Greece has more coastline than the UK:-

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/...coastline.html

The UK is an island so it shouldn't be much of a surprise that it has a lot of 'coast', Greece might surprise you because it is a 'smaller' country than many Euro countries but again I believe there are a LOT of Greek islands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe