Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 07:36 AM

1,528 posts, read 4,230,356 times

Advertisements

Why are German cities so incredibly depressing? Not only are they depressing they're also very dirty and most parts of the German cities are run down and have more graffiti alone then world combined..

So what gives..?

I went to Berlin, Frankfurt & Munich

I regret the trip and it was a massive waste of money..

I highly recommend people who want to go to Germany to actually consider going some place else.. Unless you have a facination with gloomy, depressing, dirty and rude cities..

I could of just waited a bit and would of went to Tokyo Japan and Okinawa islands and then Hawaii.. But stupididley choose Germany!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2012, 07:49 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,971,138 times
You sure you were in Germany ?

Old 04-30-2012, 07:52 AM

692 posts, read 1,354,958 times
I thought German cities were renowned for beng clean and efficient. Aren't Berlin and Hamburg amongst the new capitals of European bohemian cool, whilst Frankfurt is a major business centre and cities such as Munich usually do very well in terms of liveability.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:57 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,284,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulhall View Post
I thought German cities were renowned for beng clean and efficient. Aren't Berlin and Hamburg amongst the new capitals of European bohemian cool, whilst Frankfurt is a major business centre and cities such as Munich usually do very well in terms of liveability.
germany is renowned for being pristine clean , ive heard that berlin is an incredibly vibrant and exciting city

Old 04-30-2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulhall View Post
I thought German cities were renowned for beng clean and efficient.
Yeah that's exactly what I thought, but seriously.. That is simply incorrect and far off I would say..

Just search on YouTube or google.. Go google images and type in 'Berlin streets'
That will give you exact idea of how Germany is.. So bland bitter..

Old 04-30-2012, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
germany is renowned for being pristine clean , ive heard that berlin is an incredibly vibrant and exciting city
That is absolutely not true.. Especially not Berlin.. Munich is the cleanest one, but not by much..

Berlin was by far the dirtiest, place was full of graffiti, litter etc.. Public transport was completely washed up with graffiti and that kinda stuff..

Old 04-30-2012, 08:05 AM

Frankfurt was also gritty, all it had was the downtown area and that's it.. Was a pretty underwhelming downtown by intl standards, nothing nice.. Below average skyscrapers, and nothing going on in the streets..

Old 04-30-2012, 08:15 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,123,042 times
Mehhh Big citys are big citys all are dirty and depressing in some ways/parts. Berlin- Vibrent, happening city not much to look at. Frankfurt Banks n stuff not nomaly a tourist destination. Munchen probably the nicest German big city I never found it dirty or depressing. Get around the country and have a look.

Plenty of depressing citys everywhere.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:23 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,881,798 times
If you were a car nut, Germany would be paradise, no joke. I'm not sure of your expectations though.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GER308 View Post
Mehhh Big citys are big citys all are dirty and depressing in some ways/parts. Berlin- Vibrent, happening city not much to look at. Frankfurt Banks n stuff not nomaly a tourist destination. Munchen probably the nicest German big city I never found it dirty or depressing. Get around the country and have a look.

Plenty of depressing citys everywhere.
Yeh true, every big city has its ups and downs..

But out of all the German cities, it was really hard to even try and have some type of positive outlook..

Not to to be offensive or personal but the German people in Germany don't help either, people in Germany are also rude, arrogant & generally cold people..

Customer service is especially rubbish in Germany..

The only good aspect of Germany were the taxis, they drive pretty fast..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe