Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 09:47 AM

398 posts, read 629,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevej64 View Post
another thing illegal in Germany is if you say I do not believe 6 million jews died in ww2 you can go to jail for 5 years
I heard German teacher of history is doing more than 10 for simply publicly stating facts that dispute the 6 million number.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:01 AM

52 posts, read 188,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blan View Post
I heard German teacher of history is doing more than 10 for simply publicly stating facts that dispute the 6 million number.
I find that hard to believe when the maximum penalty for incitement of the people (which Holocaust denial is a form of, under German criminal law) is five years.

In addition, I also find it hard to believe that he stated facts that dispute the holocaust, but that's beside the point here, I guess.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:00 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,273,993 times
Quote:
I'd appreciate something other than your opinion, how about some links to this fascinating comment?

Old 05-06-2012, 07:37 AM

880 posts, read 2,024,375 times
how about you proving this law doesn't exist? Germany,France and other countries in europe this law exists.

Old 05-07-2012, 03:41 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,273,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevej64 View Post
how about you proving this law doesn't exist? Germany,France and other countries in europe this law exists.
Positive assertion of anything requires proof.
Can you prove there's no easter bunny?

Old 12-08-2012, 05:18 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,342,029 times
Without knowing too much about it, here is the version for Austria, i guess it's pretty similar in Germany.

RIS - Gesamte Rechtsvorschrift für Verbotsgesetz 1947 - Bundesrecht konsolidiert, Fassung vom 08.12.2012
Verbotsgesetz 1947 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
§ 3d. Wer öffentlich oder vor mehreren Leuten, in Druckwerken, verbreiteten Schriften oder bildlichen Darstellungen zu einer der nach § 1 oder § 3 verbotenen Handlungen auffordert, aneifert oder zu verleiten sucht, insbesondere zu diesem Zweck die Ziele der NSDAP, ihre Einrichtungen oder Maßnahmen verherrlicht oder anpreist, wird, sofern sich darin nicht ein schwerer verpöntes Verbrechen darstellt, mit Freiheitsstrafe von fünf bis zu zehn Jahren, bei besonderer Gefährlichkeit des Täters oder der Betätigung bis zu zwanzig Jahren, bestraft.
You are telling people that they should reinstall the regime? Up to 20 years.

Quote:
§ 3f. Wer einen Mord, einen Raub, eine Brandlegung, ein Verbrechen nach §§ 85, 87 oder 89 des Strafgesetzes oder ein Verbrechen nach § 4 des Sprengstoffgesetzes als Mittel der Betätigung im nationalsozialistischen Sinn versucht oder vollbringt, wird mit Freiheitsstrafe von zehn bis zu zwanzig Jahren, bei besonderer Gefährlichkeit des Täters oder der Betätigung auch mit lebenslanger Freiheitsstrafe bestraft.
A robbery because of your Nazi beliefs? Up to 20 years.

Quote:
§ 3h. Nach § 3g wird auch bestraft, wer in einem Druckwerk, im Rundfunk oder in einem anderen Medium oder wer sonst öffentlich auf eine Weise, daß es vielen Menschen zugänglich wird, den nationalsozialistischen Völkermord oder andere nationalsozialistische Verbrechen gegen die Menschlichkeit leugnet, gröblich verharmlost, gutheißt oder zu rechtfertigen sucht.
You are not believing in the Holocaust and stating that in public? 20 years.

That's just the theory, though. I never heard of someone getting 20 years into prison for stuff like that.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:34 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,285,979 times
i recently bought an armband with a swastika display from the usa , i gave it to someone i dont like as a present, such an act is probabley illegal in germany

Old 12-09-2012, 02:42 PM

37,127 posts, read 39,349,217 times
Quote:
Oh cool, I heard that was a rumor and the guy actually did no such thing but did end up going on a double date the night after the purported allegation was made where he ordered the herring in cream sauce and it was delicious but felt the portions were a bit small. Afterwards, he decided to use the internet and make up as many anecdotes about his day as possible to see who would pick up on them and post them as facts without any attempt to find some sort of factual basis for the claims.

He was hoping that the most gullible would take him up on on the offer because little did those people know that by just repeating those anecdotes they were actually using Idea Resonation and Projection Technology whereby he could take control of their bodies when they sleep and cause them to touch themselves at night until they develop a terrible rash from all that chafing.

The question then is, did you buy yourself some lotion?

Old 12-09-2012, 10:09 PM

72 posts, read 105,108 times
I'm not too surprised that it is. Modern Germany isn't pride of that part of their history...

Old 12-10-2012, 04:16 AM

190 posts, read 571,193 times
I know that some Spanish Football Hooligans, probably from Real Madrid, got kicked out of Germany for displaying the flag. Not a long time ago, many stores in the Ramblas of Barcelona had shops that sold nazi stuff catered to German tourists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe