Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 05:59 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
This is true I'm okay with it they have roots in the peninsula and trace back to the time of the Romans and they are a part of us and many of us descend from the one's that remained in Portugal and converted. If they want to return they are welcome by most Portuguese people that I've spoke with it's their land also.
I live in Spain and I'm part Sephardic and I applied for the Sephardic nationality in Spain. Which is why I know a key difference between the Spanish law and the Portuguese law is Spain makes people take and pass a Spanish language test and a Spanish history and culture test. My mom, who does not speak Spanish, applied for the Portuguese Sephardic citizenship. I have friends who have applied for the Portuguese Sephardic citizenship and others who applied for the Spanish one.

Thank you for being welcoming most Portuguese and Spanish I've spoken to or met have been very supportive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2018, 07:11 PM

630 posts, read 526,240 times
Quote:
This is true I'm okay with it they have roots in the peninsula and trace back to the time of the Romans and they are a part of us and many of us descend from the one's that remained in Portugal and converted. If they want to return they are welcome by most Portuguese people that I've spoke with it's their land also.

They have no interest in going back to a land they betrayed on multiple occasions. That "law of return" is a scheme orchestrated by the local Jewish lobby to help their coreligionists gain access to the UE.

Old 07-21-2018, 07:15 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,898,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iron_stick View Post
They have no interest in going back to a land they betrayed on multiple occasions. That "law of return" is a scheme orchestrated by the local Jewish lobby to help their coreligionists gain access to the UE.
You have no idea what you're talking about?

Just a few posts ago you knew nothing about this now you're spouting off stupid nonsense. Since you're a mind reader explain how you know "they" have no interest in returning to Portugal. After that explain how the Jews betrayed Portugal. I'll wait make it good because I know my stuff. Then explain why you think the so called Jewish lobby is behind it laughable since the practicing number of Jews in Portugal is a community of less than 500 and divided into three tiny communities Porto, Lisbon and Belmonte.

Last edited by AFP; 07-21-2018 at 08:09 PM..

Old 07-21-2018, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Jewish people did not betray the Iberian peninsula. After Queen Isabella of Castilla married King Fermando of Aragon, they decided to spell Jews and Muslims from Spain. They pressured King Manual of Portugal of doing the same. The Catholic monarchs, via their Inquisition persecuted protestants, pagans, intellectuals, and anyone who did not submit to the Orthodoxy of the Catholic church. They were pretty horrible.

As of early this year Portugal already has received 12,000 applications, and Spain has already received 13,000 applications and the number is rapidly growing for both countries.

There's substantial interest.

Old 07-21-2018, 08:43 PM

Quote:
You have no idea what you're talking about?

Just a few posts ago you knew nothing about this now you're spouting off stupid nonsense. Since you're a mind reader explain how you know "they" have no interest in returning to Portugal. After that explain how the Jews betrayed Portugal. I'll wait make it good because I know my stuff. Then explain why you think the so called Jewish lobby is behind it laughable since the practicing number of Jews in Portugal is a community of less than 500 and divided into three tiny communities Porto, Lisbon and Belmonte.

How do you they have an interest in moving back there? FYI, the law was passed under the lobby of Jew named José Bensaud Carp, a relative of former president Sampaio. The law grants Jews the citizenship without the need to speak the language nor reside in the country. Sounds perfectly tailored to cater to the needs of someone just in need of a passport to enter the Schengen community, no need to be a brain surgeon to figure that out.

https://oglobo.globo.com/mundo/portu...ditas-15189193

"Both Muslim and Catholic sources tell us that Jews provided valuable aid to the invaders" during the invasion of Visigoth Iberian Peninsula

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histor..._Jews_in_Spain

Old 07-21-2018, 09:00 PM

Quote:
How do you they have an interest in moving back there? FYI, the law was passed under the lobby of Jew named José Bensaud Carp, a relative of former president Sampaio. The law grants Jews the citizenship without the need to speak the language nor reside in the country. Sounds perfectly tailored to cater to the needs of someone just in need of a passport to enter the Schengen community, no need to be a brain surgeon to figure that out.

"Both Muslim and Catholic sources tell us that Jews provided valuable aid to the invaders" during the invasion of Visigoth Iberian Peninsula

So a quick google search and you're the automatic expert on Sephardics and their descendants?

I live in Spain, and yes there are others descended from Sephardic Jews that live here. I'm one of them.

Of course there's no way to say that being a part of the EU isn't an attraction, because it is.

With that being said Spain and Portugal are warm climates and desirable destinations in their own right.

The Sephardic laws were not passed just because of "local" Jewish lobbies.

Those that know the Iberian peninsula beyond GOOGLE know there's a lot more to that.

You didn't even know this law exist yesterday, and now you use it to go on a mindless, and I do mean mindless racist rant.

Old 07-21-2018, 10:10 PM
AFP

Quote:

Some have an interest to move back because they never forgot where their ancestors came from it was passed on generation after generation and they want to connect to the place where they came from. You do know some of them had links to Portugal at least 1,000 years.

So what if the Bensuade family lobbied I won't bother looking that up to verify because I don't care I'm familiar with the role of that family they moved to Ponta Delgada in the early 1800's from Morocco and were descended from Jews expelled from Portugal and they have been good for the country. What's your point? You act as if something nefarious went on. Portugal could use more Bensuades.

The Visigoths were butchering Jews and were also hated by the Native Iberian population. Why do you think the Moors were able to sweep across the peninsula in a couple of years because the worthless Visogoths were hated by everyone and the Moors were viewed as better. The Visogoths didn't contribute anything of any value to the people that lived in the territory that became Portugal they only brought misery.

It appears to me you have a problem with Jews.

Old 07-21-2018, 10:51 PM

Quote:
You do know some of them had links to Portugal at least 1,000 years.

Are you really saying that a link from 500 years makes any sense in some life's life today? Please. As you said, they were not welcome in Portugal why do they feel the urge to get the citizenship now? Especially when they don't have to live there nor know anything about the country? You sound either very naive, or not familiar with that community.

Quote:
So what if the Bensuade family lobbied I won't bother looking that up to verify because I don't care I'm familiar with the role of that family they moved to Ponta Delgada in the early 1800's from Morocco and were descended from Jews expelled from Portugal and they have been good for the country. What's your point? You act as if something nefarious went on. Portugal could use more Bensuades.

Portugal could use more bensaudes? It's the bensaudes that are using Portugal for foreign Israelite's interests.

Quote:
The Visigoths were butchering Jews and were also hated by the Native Iberian population. Why do you think the Moors were able to sweep across the peninsula in a couple of years because the worthless Visogoths were hated by everyone and the Moors were viewed as better. The Visogoths didn't contribute anything of any value to the people that lived in the territory that became Portugal they only brought misery.

What did the arabs contribute? islam? sharia? Do you think they well-liked? They were such hated enemies their name turned into an insult and a curse to this day.

Quote:
It appears to me you have a problem with Jews.

I have a problem with traitors.

Old 07-22-2018, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Are you really saying that a link from 500 years makes any sense in some life's life today? Please. As you said, they were not welcome in Portugal why do they feel the urge to get the citizenship now? Especially when they don't have to live there nor know anything about the country? You sound either very naive, or not familiar with that community.

Portugal could use more bensaudes? It's the bensaudes that are using Portugal for foreign Israelite's interests.

What did the arabs contribute? islam? sharia? Do you think they well-liked? They were such hated enemies their name turned into an insult and a curse to this day.

Nobody Portuguese or Spanish considers Jews traitors, and notice a Portuguese you're speaking to says Portugal could USE more Jews.

"Portugal’s Secretary of State for Tourism Ana Mendes Godinho reached out to Jewish communities via a tour of the US this month, during which she called for “a Jewish presence in Portugal.”

“We want a Jewish presence in Portugal and we look to Jewish investment,” said Mendes Godinho, who returned to Portugal at the end of last week after a two-week visit."

"Citing low unemployment and calling Portugal the “third most peaceful country in the world,” she stressed the importance of bringing Jews to visit and live in Portugal.

Mendes Godinho met with a variety of Jewish leaders and communities in New York, San Francisco and Los Angeles.
These included representatives of the American Jewish Committee, the Jewish Council for Public Affairs, the American Sephardi Federation and Anti-Defamation League."

“As we have a vast Jewish heritage and a very ancient and profound connection to Jewish communities - we have evidence of Jewish presence in Portugal since 390 – we identified as a priority the promoting of the Jewish Legacy and of the Jewish routes in Portugal,” she said. “It is quite interesting to remember that in the 15th century, circa 20% of the Portuguese population was Jewish, so we always say that every Portuguese may have a Jewish origin.”

"Mendes Godinho highlighted key contributions made by Jews to Portuguese history, naming Pedro Alvares Cabral, who discovered Brazil. In the United States, she noted that the oldest synagogue, Shearith Israel, located in New York, was founded by Portuguese Jews.

“This is why we have created a special law to grant Portuguese nationality to descendants of Sephardic Jews, and we have been experiencing a very high demand,” she added."

https://www.jpost.com/Diaspora/Portu...country-543157

Old 07-22-2018, 08:49 AM
AFP

Quote:

You are twisting my words you know that' not what I said you are deliberately posting false information. I believe you have Portuguese citizenship and from what I gather you know next to nothing about the country tbh you sound very French.(letting go of your citizenship does not make you less French Seixal). Your sentiments aren't representative of Portuguese culture.

The Bensuades btw aren't practicing Jews any longer and have not been for quite some time. You are wrong on the matter it is more likely that it is being done to boost Tourism in Portugal since the tours of restored Jewish monuments began being promoted in Portugal Israeli money started coming in. It's because of self serving reasons to bring in Jewish money.

If you believe the Muslims only brought sharia to the Iberian peninsula you are extremely ignorant my friend. They improved agriculture, brought science, mathmatics,vocabulary, art, architecture and at it's peak the Muslim ran areas of the Iberian Peninsula were the most advanced parts of Europe by far. Moors is an insult to this day? Really among the skin heads they are and so are the Jews. I've run across these fools numerous times and tbh some of the nonsense your spouting seems like it comes out of their talking points.

You have a problem with traitors? LOL well them put me on that list since I connect distantly to the Jews and Moors and for that matter you most likely do as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe