Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 02:50 PM

19 posts, read 54,310 times

Advertisements

Thank you for responding! Baron OB, it is great to hear that Germans like US-Americans. I hope my children will be able to make friends easily, even though they will just be learning German for the first time. They are friendly and outgoing kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2012, 03:49 PM

2,233 posts, read 5,475,770 times
Default Typical Neo-Nazi comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronOB View Post
Here you can find a good house you need.

Wohnungen Köln: Wohnung mieten, kaufen in Köln bei immowelt.de
A good advice for you:

Avoid areas with many muslim imigrants.

Germans like US-Americans, it will be few problems with natives
I would avoid areas with people like you.

Old 06-09-2012, 10:50 AM

633 posts, read 1,731,985 times
That is not a typcal neo nazi comment from baronOb!

you are not watching and reading german news, you dont know how much crime in germany is only done by muslim people, or??? Read and listen the german news first, before you name anybody a nazi!!!!! Read the book " Ende der Geduld" for example, written by a german judge. And in this book you will get the numbers, and i can name you a lot more books, magazines...

Cologne is a safe city, sure, it has some areas which i cannot recommend, but it is MUCH more safe than Berlin ( for example).

Old 06-09-2012, 11:55 AM

1,222 posts, read 2,273,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annieswen View Post
Thank you for responding! Baron OB, it is great to hear that Germans like US-Americans. I hope my children will be able to make friends easily, even though they will just be learning German for the first time. They are friendly and outgoing kids.
The more German your kids know the better. Also, be prepared for a little culture shock because Germans tend to be more reserved and it takes a while to get to know them. Definitely longer than getting to know Americans. No idea if that applies to kids, too. Just a thing to keep in mind in case it goes that way the first couple of months. No reason to give up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieGermany View Post
you are not watching and reading german news, you dont know how much crime in germany is only done by muslim people, or??? Read and listen the german news first, before you name anybody a nazi!!!!! Read the book " Ende der Geduld" for example, written by a german judge. And in this book you will get the numbers, and i can name you a lot more books, magazines...
No one called anyone a Nazi.
Most Muslim immigrants are just normal people and not into making trouble. Whenever I pass through the Frankfurt area I am more afraid of soccer fans (who are mostly Germans) than Muslims.

Old 06-09-2012, 06:47 PM

Quote:
That is not a typcal neo nazi comment from baronOb!
you are not watching and reading german news, you dont know how much crime in germany is only done by muslim people, or???

Sure it isn't. Hitler wouldn't have called himself anti-Semitic, either.
I am sick of this anti-Muslim attitude by you and some other people on here. You really do represent your country quite nicely. But, then again, what else would I expect from a German?

I want statistics or you are simply lying. I know that you can not back up your claim. BTW. It's not "or", it's "don 't you".

And no, I'm not Muslim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob702 View Post
Most Muslim immigrants are just normal people and not into making trouble. Whenever I pass through the Frankfurt area I am more afraid of soccer fans (who are mostly Germans) than Muslims.
You're wasting time telling her this. She's bigoted to the core.

Of course they're normal people. Some people just listen to the NPD and actually believe what they say.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:30 AM

633 posts, read 1,731,985 times
Have a look at Wikipedia, search for Ausländerkriminalität, Glucko. You will find the informations :-)

I am not an "Anti-German" and i really like my country. Everybody is welcomed here in this country as long as he is not criminal. I am also going for a Döner regulary in turkish restaurants. I bought my last car from a turkish car sales man. I went to Egypt, Tunesia and Turkey for vacation. I dont hate Muslims. But the teenage muslims here in germany have a very bad behavior ( not all, but many), they insult us germans, even if they get their life paid by our government. We can claim some respect, or?

Last edited by MelanieGermany; 06-13-2012 at 04:44 AM.. Reason: x

Old 06-13-2012, 05:20 AM

985 posts, read 1,848,526 times
Quote:
But the teenage muslims here in germany have a very bad behavior ( not all, but many), they insult us germans, even if they get their life paid by our government.
What do you mean by "muslims"? Turks?

And how many of those "muslim" teenagers actually insult Germans? How many is "many"? When I read your lines I get the impression that you mean at least 30%.

And how do you know that the people who allegedly insult the Germans are paid by the German government? How do you know they do not work?

I have been living in Germany for almost all my life and I do not understand all this hatred towards muslims or Turks. Maybe this originates less from actual experience but from watching the wrong programmes or reading too much Bildzeitung off or online?

Old 06-18-2012, 05:48 AM

8 posts, read 11,742 times
Hello anniewen, Cologne is such a great City, with wonderful public transport. We have lived in Germany for ten years and are getting ready to move back to the states. I have been to Cologne on several occations for training. Here are some points to make. Generaly, if your husband is moving for work, he has some company support with relocation. There is a large expat comunity in Germany which is why there are International Schools (language is English) in most major cities. I have lived in Stuttgart for many years and there was one just down the road. They are expensive so check if it's covered with your benefits. Like others have posted, if you live outside the city a bit you can find a house to live in. You will need the help of a reator and you may have to down size. Yes, all that is true but I think it's an amazing oppertunity to live in beautiful Germany, two hours away from Belgium and the Netherlands!

Old 06-18-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Have a look at Wikipedia, search for Ausländerkriminalität, Glucko. You will find the informations :-)

I am not an "Anti-German" and i really like my country. Everybody is welcomed here in this country as long as he is not criminal. I am also going for a Döner regulary in turkish restaurants. I bought my last car from a turkish car sales man. I went to Egypt, Tunesia and Turkey for vacation. I dont hate Muslims. But the teenage muslims here in germany have a very bad behavior ( not all, but many), they insult us germans, even if they get their life paid by our government. We can claim some respect, or?
I'd rather "search" for the truth here...

Neo-Nazism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

National Democratic Party of Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sounds familiar Melanie, does it not. Saying you don't hate Muslims or non-ethnic Germans is like saying Hitler loved the Jews.
99% of your stereotypes you do not even have experienced yourself, and you only parrot whatever the NPD or whoever else said. And you know it. That's the worst part of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggo View Post
What do you mean by "muslims"? Turks?

And how many of those "muslim" teenagers actually insult Germans? How many is "many"? When I read your lines I get the impression that you mean at least 30%.

And how do you know that the people who allegedly insult the Germans are paid by the German government? How do you know they do not work?

I have been living in Germany for almost all my life and I do not understand all this hatred towards muslims or Turks. Maybe this originates less from actual experience but from watching the wrong programmes or reading too much Bildzeitung off or online?
Good point. What she's saying is what they said and thought in 1933. And we all know how that worked out. Well, apparently not everybody.

Last edited by Glucorious; 06-18-2012 at 12:19 PM..

Old 06-21-2012, 09:14 AM

2,526 posts, read 3,000,015 times
When I lived in Cologne, a great resource for finding apartments was the Koelner Stadtanzeiger News*- Kölner Stadtanzeiger

I have no idea if they have online access to their "Anzeigen" but if they do, that's where you'd find apartments for rent. If not, you'd have to get a physical newspaper.

My wife was raised in Germany and went to school there for many years - she is American, though, but her parents worked in Germany. She went to German public school rather than a private school preferred by many expats in part because her parents believe that doing so would immerse her in the local culture. She initially had a tough time adjusting, especially because of the language barrier. However, in her memory, this adjustment time did not last very long and she picked up German rather quickly, thus becoming fully integrated in German culture.

As you can see on this thread, the sentiment regarding immigrants isn't all that different from what you can find in parts of the US. Many of my friends in Germany were Muslim and I can't say that we ever had a problem. Some of them were so nice that they even invited us to visit their family in Turkey - which we did for a few weeks. A lot of it has to do with a person's personal approach to others...

Also, you can completely disregard the comments about beer in high-school vending machines. It's about as ignorant as somebody suggesting that vending machines in Holland sell weed or that vending machines at the L.A. Unified School District sell first-aid kids in case you get shot...

Last edited by vamos; 06-21-2012 at 09:24 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe