U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Choose your overall favorite in the poll:
Italy 39 27.46%
Spain 37 26.06%
Germany 66 46.48%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 02:55 PM

7,972 posts, read 9,649,232 times

Advertisements

Spain. Lots of great cities like Barcelona, Madrid, Bilbao, Sevilla, Valencia, Zaragoza, Malaga, Murcia and Palma. Then you have the south east coast and islands where you can go to party etc. Good climate, cheap house prices at the moment, great sporting culture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 03:16 PM

2,979 posts, read 7,096,713 times
I choose Spain, I have lived in the US and in Scotland. I cannot have the quality of life in any other place that I have in Spain. Itīs a fantastic quality of life. That is probably why there are so many immigrants living there, been visiting since a young age and spent my childhood in Mallorca. I know there is a crisis like in other E.U countries but this is just a new problem but I know Spain is a popular place to move to. The climate, cost of living is a big draw for me and also the quality of the food, the people, beaches. Itīs a very safe place and iīve been visiting for years. Italy is beautiful donīt get me wrong, my Dadīs side come from there but I wouldnīt change what I have now for example building my own villa in a beautiful Andalucían town, close to the beach, good job, 320 days of sunshine - What more could I ask for.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:00 AM

1,914 posts, read 1,136,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
So yes you could say Germany is to blame, but not intentionally. The Euro was forced onto Germany by France who use the WW2 guilt card.
Well, I know it was one of the Condition set up by France to agree to Reunification of Germany. Kohl could have said no to the Euro, though. The Soviets and America wanted the Reunification anyways, there is nothing Mitterand and Thatcher could have done.

Old 06-22-2012, 07:35 AM

497 posts, read 840,870 times
No one ever knows what to do with a untied Germany. It's too powerful and disrupts the balance of powers between nations. Geopolitics outlines how a country like Germany, surrounded by others and lacking natural borders, "should" act, and has acted that way throughout history.

Old 06-22-2012, 07:57 AM

22,196 posts, read 22,116,565 times
Germany is an economic power in Europe but outside of Europe Germany is not a powerful nation, which is why they will ultimately fail to get a permanent seat on the UNSC (even though I'd like them to).

Britain and France are the two big military powers in Europe, and Germany shouldn't forget it.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:37 AM

842 posts, read 1,041,249 times
Germany has the money and resources to have a military power as big Britain or France. For many years they were banned from doing so and now they are simply against all things military. I don't think Germany cares to get a permanent sit on the UNSC, they choose to stay out of those affairs.

The same thing happens with Japan.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:35 AM

Germany wants a permanent seat on the UNSC.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:55 AM

1,493 posts, read 2,560,792 times
I was hoping this was for the Eurocup. No go.

Old 06-22-2012, 10:42 AM

842 posts, read 1,041,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Germany wants a permanent seat on the UNSC.
We all know they don't. If they did they would try to put their weight into every geopolitical issue. And they have done the exact opposite. Remember the Libya campaign, all that fuss in the UN? Germany deliberately stayed away from the issue.

Germany has all the money to have a large military force. They just don't care and keep on building submarines to sell to other countries.

Old 06-22-2012, 11:04 AM

No, Germany does want to be a permanent member which is why they currently have a temporary seat on the UNSC.

Germany doesn't really want to go invading nations, but then again it doesn't have the capability to do so in the first place. Only three countries in the world can project power to far flung places in the world: the US, the UK and France.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or