U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Choose your overall favorite in the poll:
Italy 39 27.46%
Spain 37 26.06%
Germany 66 46.48%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 03:52 PM

1,916 posts, read 1,146,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glucorious View Post
You love to dish out, it seems. But as much as you don't like them, it's the Spaniards who depend on them, it's the Spaniards who move there for works, it's the Spaniards who have an unemployment rate 20%() higher than Germany, and it's the Spaniards who are broke. And, le'ts not forget it's the Spaniards who are on the brink of collapse. I don't think you're in a position to dish out, especially a lot of made-up claims.
I don't know why you're so bitter. Looks like your bitterness stems from things they did before you were even born. Or some before even Spain existed...
He is probably an unemployed Spaniard and blames the mean, bad Germans for his situation.
A lot of hate in his comments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2012, 10:15 PM

1,531 posts, read 3,322,509 times
sorry if 20 other people said this before, but there is NO beer vending machine in german schools. that's the joke of the day

Old 06-24-2012, 04:52 AM

546 posts, read 1,172,237 times
You love to dish out, it seems. But as much as you don't like them, it's the Spaniards who depend on them, it's the Spaniards who move there for works, it's the Spaniards who have an unemployment rate 20%() higher than Germany, and it's the Spaniards who are broke. And, le'ts not forget it's the Spaniards who are on the brink of collapse. I don't think you're in a position to dish out, especially a lot of made-up claims.
I don't know why you're so bitter. Looks like your bitterness stems from things they did before you were even born. Or some before even Spain existed...

For every Spanish in Germany, there are 3 Germans here, and not tourists precisely. In fact, a large part of the "alternative" doggieflutes with rastas in Barcelona are German. Unemployment rate here is a fake figure since we have a large underground economy (luckily).

Who's in the brink of collapse? Of course, according to tabloids we have been at brink of collapse during the last 20 years...and really, so sorry, but not even an unemployed labourer in Extremadura lives as bad as your typical English beer guzzler.

Old 06-24-2012, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
germany pursues a different path than france or the uk in global terms , for historic reasons , germany has punched below its weight politically this past several decades

france and especially the uk on the other hand have a disproportionatley large political influence globally , it makes little sense for either nation to have a permanent seat on the UN security council anymore , especially france

Irish

I think that France has the same agenda than Germany since 1941. One thing to say in favour of Germans, at least they are not bitching and whining all the time against the former allies and the US, or barking at the moon for a lost grandeur lost in Waterloo or reminiscing prewar Berlin (just like Frech do all the time with 1900's Paris that has nothing to do with modern Paris). Sarkozy is different, but he's gone...and now they have a president that looks like an altar boy caught drinking mass wine.

France's influence in the world is enormous (according to French), but their language and culture is just a pale reflection of what it was 50 years ago. Their language is waning and their culture have been reduced to Hollywood stereotypes. Not a long time ago, France had superb cinema and music, everything is gone.

As to the Security Council, I think that the only Western European country that should be there is the US. In fact..and THANKS GOD...we are a US Protectorate. The day the US goes under and we are to depend on countries like Germany and France, were are all KAPUTT.

Now Merkel says she wants the EEC to be an ECONOMIC AND FISCAL UNION.....some sort of modern day Anchluss..such a development would amount to the total destruction of Europe..again..

Western Europe is a protectorate and history has taught the world that such projects always end in disaster.

UK eurospectics are right, but living in an island does not confer any protection or singularity anymore, their insularity won't help them now.

Last edited by cojoncillo; 06-24-2012 at 05:36 AM..

Old 06-24-2012, 05:23 AM

22,198 posts, read 22,368,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cojoncillo View Post

For every Spanish in Germany, there are 3 Germans here, and not tourists precisely. In fact, a large part of the "alternative" doggieflutes with rastas in Barcelona are German. Unemployment rate here is a fake figure since we have a large underground economy (luckily).

Who's in the brink of collapse? Of course, according to tabloids we have been at brink of collapse during the last 20 years...and really, so sorry, but not even an unemployed labourer in Extremadura lives as bad as your typical English beer guzzler.
What is your problem with Germany? You have a massive chip on your shoulder and it's pathetic. Germans live in Spain because the weather is nice. Spaniards live in Germany because Spain's economy sucks and nobody can get a well paying job unless they work in the black market.

And since when has Spain been on the brink of economic collapse in the past 20 years? Until recently Spain was doing very well and its books were in order and it even had a budget surplus. Seriously, you are tooting Spain's horn far too much, and you are doing your country and fellow countrymen no favour's.

And I don't understand your last paragraph either, are you saying an unemployed poor person in Extremadura lives a better life than an 'English beer guzzler'?? You are one weird and very confused person.

Old 06-24-2012, 05:46 AM

Dear Gallego;

I know you are a grateful belly in your new country, but let people have their own opinions.

Bunch of Germans here doing menial tasks, from drycleaners to wall painters. My drycleaner is German, the mechanic of my scooter is German and lots of Germans working as bartenders along the coast. As I told you, the black economy does not pay good salaries (I know that your chap told you in the pub that in Spain only the people that worked in the black economy made money, but that's not certain).

I wrote that the tabloids (yellow press) that most of the English read everyday have been putting down Spain even during the periods when Spain was the eight economic power in the world. Features like "Piigs can fly" were famous at that time, or constant and stupid mentions at the Spanish Armada.

Yes, any unemployed labourer in Extremadura living off PER and subsidies (and doing some "bolos" or engaged in informal economy) lives much better than English belonging to the low middle class or working class.

Old 06-24-2012, 07:18 AM

710 posts, read 812,990 times
the internet is aggravating your blood pressure cojoncillo

you need to ease back into your siesta

afterward you can resume your daily routine of anti-german street protest

Old 06-24-2012, 07:45 AM

25,060 posts, read 22,101,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
What is your problem with Germany? You have a massive chip on your shoulder and it's pathetic. Germans live in Spain because the weather is nice. Spaniards live in Germany because Spain's economy sucks and nobody can get a well paying job unless they work in the black market.

And since when has Spain been on the brink of economic collapse in the past 20 years? Until recently Spain was doing very well and its books were in order and it even had a budget surplus. Seriously, you are tooting Spain's horn far too much, and you are doing your country and fellow countrymen no favour's.

And I don't understand your last paragraph either, are you saying an unemployed poor person in Extremadura lives a better life than an 'English beer guzzler'?? You are one weird and very confused person.
Problem with Spain is they never had a real economy, even during the boom during the 90s. To me, when your economic growth relies almost exclusively on the tourist, hospitality, and construction sectors (all 3 compliment each other), when one collapses (almost always construction goes first) the other 2 suffer greatly and the economy collapses. Spain has relied on its climate and beaches for economic growth, and there's only so much the sun and sea can offer. Even Southern Italy, Italy's poorest region since the early 1900s, has HALF the unemployment that southern Spain has. Pretty pathetic on Spain's part if you ask me.

Old 06-24-2012, 02:45 PM

2,189 posts, read 4,545,586 times
Quote:

For every Spanish in Germany, there are 3 Germans here, and not tourists precisely. In fact, a large part of the "alternative" doggieflutes with rastas in Barcelona are German. .

I can't find any proof of that. Maybe you can provide the numbers.

It's not just what the tabloids say. It's what the Spanish government says.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post

No, that's not what he said. He said "according to the tabloids".

By all means, I'm not trying to knock Spain, but saying the Nazis have something to do with this, or something they did in the 19th century, is just not true. LOL.

Old 06-25-2012, 01:59 AM

797 posts, read 1,327,744 times
Quote:
For every Spanish in Germany, there are 3 Germans here, and not tourists precisely.
For immigration figures see Inmigración en España - Wikipedia, la enciclopedia libre.

German immigrants are on 6th place. Italian immigration is slightly below (7) and immigration from the UK is much higher (3). Moroccans and Romanians rank first and second (4 times as many Romanians as Germans).

Do you dislike all the other immigrants the same way as you disllike the Germans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or