U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Choose your overall favorite in the poll:
Italy 39 27.46%
Spain 37 26.06%
Germany 66 46.48%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 04:41 AM

546 posts, read 1,147,687 times

Advertisements

Most Germans here are not registered with the police, so they don't appear as residents or immigrants.
I don't dislike Germans, I'm just saying that there are far more Germans immigrants here that Spanish in Germany.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glucorious View Post
No, that's not what he said. He said "according to the tabloids".

By all means, I'm not trying to knock Spain, but saying the Nazis have something to do with this, or something they did in the 19th century, is just not true. LOL.

I'm glad they have WIFI at your pub along your favourite tabloids,

Old 06-26-2012, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Problem with Spain is they never had a real economy, even during the boom during the 90s. To me, when your economic growth relies almost exclusively on the tourist, hospitality, and construction sectors (all 3 compliment each other), when one collapses (almost always construction goes first) the other 2 suffer greatly and the economy collapses. Spain has relied on its climate and beaches for economic growth, and there's only so much the sun and sea can offer. Even Southern Italy, Italy's poorest region since the early 1900s, has HALF the unemployment that southern Spain has. Pretty pathetic on Spain's part if you ask me.

The eight economic power in the world, the third most important economy in the EEC, the second investor in Latin america, the second most important car producer, the second most important tourist destination in the world and "not a real economy"...

Last edited by Vichel; 06-26-2012 at 10:10 AM.. Reason: Removed the personal attack. Play the ball, not the man.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:01 AM

25,063 posts, read 21,510,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cojoncillo View Post
The eight economic power in the world, the third most important economy in the EEC, the second investor in Latin america, the second most important car producer, the second most important tourist destination in the world and "not a real economy"...
Thanks to construction. Construction does a lot of wonders for the economy. It's like gambling. Win lots of money over a short period of time, but it doesn't last. Construction provides a very quick boost to GDP, which is why so many ayuntamientos and diputaciones along the coast were so quick to approve planning applications even though many houses were built on protected land . By the way, SEAT is 99% owned by los alemanes since the early 1990s. SEAT has marketshare thanks to VW's network. Truth is Spain does not have any viable industry outside of German owned SEAT, wine, and tourism. If it did, youth unemployment wouldn't be at 50% and the country wouldn't have an average of 30% unemployment outside of Navarra and País Vasco

Besides, I can't be white trash. I'm almost just as Spanish as you

Last edited by Vichel; 06-26-2012 at 10:11 AM.. Reason: Personal attack removed from reply

Old 06-26-2012, 10:27 AM

2,191 posts, read 4,455,589 times
Quote:
Most Germans here are not registered with the police, so they don't appear as residents or immigrants.
I don't dislike Germans, I'm just saying that there are far more Germans immigrants here that Spanish in Germany.
Sure they do. Look it up.

But:

Mallorca Real Estate: More German retirees buy property in Mallorca - AM Inmobiliaria

Property News | Retirees boost Spanish market

Probably not the people one would necessarily want. Besides, they chose to make the move. Many Spaniards don't have a choice. You should be happy that they're moving to Germany, for instance. It certainly takes the pressure off the Spanish labor market.

Old 06-26-2012, 03:53 PM

795 posts, read 1,285,673 times
Quote:
How would you know that? And why would they not register?

Or are you implying that most immigrants (Britons, Moroccans, Romanians, Germans etc) do not register?
Maybe I should claim now that there are a lot more Spaniards in Germany, but the do not enter the statistics as they don't register?

Old 06-28-2012, 05:27 AM

Geggo

Yes, we have millions of illegal immigrants. A lot of Germans among them.
Germans are EEC Citizens and are required to register after certain period, but they don't.
Why they don't register? They are into illegal activities (scamming their fellow countrymen), they work in the submerged economy, they work illegally in some German joint selling schnitzels and beer, etc, etc.
The same goes with English, a lot of English in Spain are fleeing from justice, or they sell swampland or land with no building permits to their countrymen, many are child abusers fleeing from English databases, con artists of every kind, they are into sat cards, etc. I heard that a lot of that crowd is moving to Bulgaria, Interpol provoked a havoc in Costa del Sol and Mallorca when they crossed databases.
EEC members are not a problem here even if they are not registered, so the police does not bother them. There are only very exceptional problems, but you have criminals and con artists in every country.

Last edited by cojoncillo; 06-28-2012 at 06:21 AM..

Old 06-28-2012, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Thanks to construction. Construction does a lot of wonders for the economy. It's like gambling. Win lots of money over a short period of time, but it doesn't last. Construction provides a very quick boost to GDP, which is why so many ayuntamientos and diputaciones along the coast were so quick to approve planning applications even though many houses were built on protected land . By the way, SEAT is 99% owned by los alemanes since the early 1990s. SEAT has marketshare thanks to VW's network. Truth is Spain does not have any viable industry outside of German owned SEAT, wine, and tourism. If it did, youth unemployment wouldn't be at 50% and the country wouldn't have an average of 30% unemployment outside of Navarra and País Vasco

Besides, I can't be white trash. I'm almost just as Spanish as you

Yes, man, you went to night school to learn Spanish and got a C, go back to your tacos and keep watching novelas at INDIOVISION and leave Spain alone.

I'm sorry Americans don't consider you white, that man in the woodpile...

Last edited by cojoncillo; 06-28-2012 at 06:10 AM..

Old 06-28-2012, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggo View Post
How would you know that? And why would they not register?

Or are you implying that most immigrants (Britons, Moroccans, Romanians, Germans etc) do not register?
Maybe I should claim now that there are a lot more Spaniards in Germany, but the do not enter the statistics as they don't register?

Those unfortunate Spanish that visit your country to work are required to register, because most of them are professional and work in the legal economy. I'm sorry for them. I hope they can return in no time.

Last edited by cojoncillo; 06-28-2012 at 05:58 AM..

Old 06-28-2012, 07:10 AM

795 posts, read 1,285,673 times
Quote:
Geggo

Yes, we have millions of illegal immigrants. A lot of Germans among them.
Germans are EEC Citizens and are required to register after certain period, but they don't.
Why they don't register? They are into illegal activities (scamming their fellow countrymen), they work in the submerged economy, they work illegally in some German joint selling schnitzels and beer, etc, etc.
Well I am glad all the German criminals left for Spain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or