U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Choose your overall favorite in the poll:
Italy 39 27.46%
Spain 37 26.06%
Germany 66 46.48%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 04:18 PM

1,158 posts, read 1,839,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepastpresentandfuture View Post
Italy and Spain still wins in more characteristics/qualities/categories than just climate such as for nature scenery, language, and probably more examples too.
Fair enough, but preferences are highly subjective, so the only reason I might prefer Spain or Italy over Germany is climate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 05:11 PM

541 posts, read 1,174,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cojoncillo View Post

Dude, there are more than 4.000 German doggieflutes in the city of Barcelona alone. Do you know what a Doggieflute (perroflauta) is? A German doggieflute is a person within the age bracket of 20-35 that has rastas, is always accompanied by two or three dogs and squats in abandoned factories or flats. They play the flute or perform any other activity to elicit some coins.

They abuse substances, since wine here is cheap they can drink 5 liter for 5 euros. They bask in the sun in squares in the old section of Barcelona and offer a truly sad picture. It seems many of them come from Berlin, from the large squatting communities there, and since they don't need papers, just their german ID, they stay here for months.

Alrighty, we don't like these people here anyway. You can keep them.

Old 07-12-2012, 05:08 AM

546 posts, read 1,172,237 times
We don't like them either. During Franco, they were shipped in trains for France along with Morrocans, but now we have this democracy thing, and the EEC, the euro. Franco died at a very young age and left us all those problems.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:42 AM

2,031 posts, read 4,499,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GER308 View Post
Excitement/Things To Do Italy, Spain, Germany

Cities/Towns Italy, Spain, Germany
Spain, Italy, Germany. Love the architecture of the Spanish cities that have the moorish architecture eg Seville Granada
Nature scenery Italy, Germany, Spain
Spain for some of it's beautiful beaches with rocky coves,especially the Balearic islands and Costa Brava .Also the Picos de Europ and the Pyrenees.
Culture Italy, Germany, Spain
Spain- less stuffy and "look at me, I'm beautiful" than Italy. More friendly-very family oriented
Quality of life Germany, Italy,Spain

Music scene Germany, Italy,Spain

Food/Dining scene Italy, Spain, Germany
Definitely Spain. Only so much pasta I can take. Love Tapas and the Catalan cuisine. Catalan was once it's own country.
Education Germany, Italy,Spain

Politics/Government Germany, Italy,Spain

Economy Germany, Italy,Spain

History Even

Nightlife Spain, Germany, Italy

Architecture Italy, Germany, Spain
Spain
Number of annual foreign visitors Italy, Spain, Germany?

Sociological/racial/ethnic diversity Germany,Spain, Italy

Most peaceful to least peaceful Germany, Spain, Italy
SPAIN -Germany has similar population density to the UK which makes it crowded.
Least corrupted to most corrupted Germany, Spain, Italy
Have to agree with corruption in Italy!
Most impressive to least impressive Italy, Germany, Spain
SPAIN SEE ABOVE
How do people in Italy, Spain, and Germany view each other?

Which two countries are most similar to each other?
SPAIN AND ITALY
What single country is most different from the other 2 countries? Germany
YEP- COMPLETLEY DIFFERENT imo
What country would you choose to live in and is best for that? Even
SPAIN
What country do you think is best to visit? Italy

I have been living in Germany now for exactly 12 years as of today. I an happy here and live better then ever in California but if it were possible I would choose to live in Italy then Spain then Germany. Mostly because I am an ocean/sea person I sail, windsurf, and surf. The north of Germany has sea enough but I also am a bit of a mountain person as well and like too rock climb ski. North Germany is too flat for me.
Not sure why you say you prefer Italy over SPain becasue you like sea based watersports

Old 07-12-2012, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianuser View Post
I don't hate it at all.
There are good places as well as bad places in Italy: in fact I wouldn't put Florence among the best places. IMHO it is too chaotic and "museified". Also it's boooooooooooring.
I simply don't understand the rose-colored vision of Italy, that's all - as an italian, I find it quite offensive.

Lol-that's the same view that Americans have of the UK!

Old 07-12-2012, 09:01 AM

2,242 posts, read 2,314,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsthenews View Post
Not sure why you say you prefer Italy over SPain becasue you like sea based watersports
I would take Italy over Spain mainly for the Alps but really love both. And for sea based sports yes Spain is better. Really love both lands and the people.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:04 AM

Germany if one of the few nations in Europe in a position to up hold European values in what looks to be very difficult times in the future. France is another.

Laughing-that's what they would like us to think and if given their way they would be running the whole of Europe. The French particularly have a superior attitude.I think you should have written French and German values.

Old 07-13-2012, 03:42 AM

Germany if one of the few nations in Europe in a position to up hold European values in what looks to be very difficult times in the future. France is another.

Dali would have loved such a statement.

Old 07-13-2012, 03:56 AM

Food/Dining scene Italy, Spain, Germany
Definitely Spain. Only so much pasta I can take. Love Tapas and the Catalan cuisine. Catalan was once it's own country.

--------------

Catalonia was never a country or kingdom, but a confederation of counties before the becoming a federation with Aragon.
We have been invaded by Castilians and French many times and one third of Catalans now eat frog.
Catalans are good creating private companies and ventures, but very bad administering public things....when we see some public money, we pocket it. An independent Catalonia would be a disaster since we only think in our pockets.
If you like Catalonian food, travel outside Barcelona, Pyrinees or deep Catalonia.
In fact, Catalan cuisine is dying as Grandmas keep dying...young Catalan women buy tv dinners and force their husband to cook. No grandmas = No Catalan cuisine.
Never try Catalan cuisine in French Catalonia, not healthy. They use milk cream, butter, cheeses and pates for absolutely anything.

Last edited by cojoncillo; 07-13-2012 at 04:05 AM..

Old 07-13-2012, 05:33 AM

797 posts, read 1,327,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cojoncillo View Post
We don't like them either. During Franco, they were shipped in trains for France along with Morrocans, but now we have this democracy thing, and the EEC, the euro. Franco died at a very young age and left us all those problems.
I am not sorry that you are sorry that you have democracy now in Spain. And I understand that you might think that Franco died too young, but most people will agree that almost 83 years is not "a very young age".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or