U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Choose your overall favorite in the poll:
Italy 39 27.46%
Spain 37 26.06%
Germany 66 46.48%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-19-2012, 04:04 AM
 
546 posts, read 1,172,237 times
Reputation: 373

Advertisements

Before the plague called Christianism, morals were entirely different and history must be judged by their historical context.

I favour the opinion of the American Economist Morgentau, Germany should have been reconverted to a rural country after the war.

Last edited by Vichel; 06-19-2012 at 09:57 AM.. Reason: I removed the rude and inflammatory comments
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-19-2012, 04:13 AM
 
60 posts, read 162,956 times
Reputation: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by cojoncillo View Post
I favour the opinion of the American Economist Morgentau, Germany should have been reconverted to a rural country after the war.
Excuse my French, but you, sir, are an idiot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2012, 04:13 AM
 
193 posts, read 641,491 times
Reputation: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by cojoncillo View Post
Before the plague called Christianism, morals were entirely different and history must be judged by their historical context.

I favour the opinion of the American Economist Morgentau, Germany should have been reconverted to a rural country after the war.
Because i'm currently living in Berlin which belonged to Prussia btw, not Bavaria .
My grandmother was from Coventry, UK

Last edited by Vichel; 06-19-2012 at 10:03 AM.. Reason: Removed orphaned replies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2012, 04:24 AM
 
2,122 posts, read 2,955,826 times
Reputation: 1266
With all its faults and there are many one just wonders without the development money largely from German banks if our southern friends would still be riding donkeys in certain parts of their countries and not just having the thoughts of one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2012, 04:37 AM
 
546 posts, read 1,172,237 times
Reputation: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadrett32 View Post
Because i'm currently living in Berlin which belonged to Prussia btw, not Bavaria .
My grandmother was from Coventry, UK


And you claim that your grandmother was from Coventry and you defend Germans!!!
Berlin is the capital of a non-existent country called Prussia, governed by a woman from a country that did not exist 20 years ago (DDR).....
All the legacy left by the allies after the war has disappeared, Germany is just a big "Empire" again.
Reunification, Anchluss, Agression..again and again during the last 1500 years.

Last edited by Vichel; 06-19-2012 at 10:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2012, 04:45 AM
 
546 posts, read 1,172,237 times
Reputation: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
With all its faults and there are many one just wonders without the development money largely from German banks if our southern friends would still be riding donkeys in certain parts of their countries and not just having the thoughts of one?

Why do you defend Germans? They crushed and sacked your country not a long time ago,
At least Spain must be grateful to Germany because they helped us defeat communists, and we helped them in Russia with our scarce resources.
But French? You were defeated and you colaborated with them and the only people that fought against Germans were Spanish republicans and a few communists...Why do you defend them?
We certainly were poorer before EEC (when we had to wait 5 years due to Giscard and French Unions burning Spanish produce), but we lived much better.
Yes, we certainly had donkeys during the 40's and 50's and even 60's because we had no Marshall Plan. French politicians (all of them were colaborators) accused us of being "Fascist".
And you better choose sides, most of your country are "southeners" and your country has bad blood with Germans. Remember Dachau, there were hundreds of thousands of non-Jewish French there, including a relative of mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2012, 04:45 AM
 
314 posts, read 926,043 times
Reputation: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
With all its faults and there are many one just wonders without the development money largely from German banks if our southern friends would still be riding donkeys in certain parts of their countries and not just having the thoughts of one?
Well, Spain and Portugal entered in the artificial invention called European Economic Community in 1985, and almost no one was riding donkeys, just kept as a tourist attraction for the uneducated European tourists who came to the south with a colonial attitude holders of a higher culture. The same as the bullfights and flamenco.

Portugal and Spain are countries that have survived for centuries without the need for help from Germany. In fact, the Spanish are not very grateful to Europe, before 1985 Spain was the tenth industrial power in the world, and thanks to industrial restructuring forced by the European Union, and the attempts to eliminate Spanish agriculture (one of the world's largest producers), have relegated the country to cheap tourism.

Italy gives more money to UE than it receives, and Spain, until two weeks ago, the difference was technically zero.

Last edited by chascarrillo; 06-19-2012 at 05:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2012, 04:51 AM
 
193 posts, read 641,491 times
Reputation: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by cojoncillo View Post
And you claim that your grandmother was from Coventry and you defend Germans!!!
Well, it was heavily damaged and destroyed just like many other European cities, including Berlin, Rotterdam, Dresden, Kiev etc.
vendetta is not relevant.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cojoncillo View Post
governed by a woman from a country that did not exist 20 years ago (DDR).....
chauvinist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cojoncillo View Post
All the legacy left by the allies after the war has disappeared, Germany is just a big "Empire" again.
Reunification, Anchluss, Agression..again and again during the last 1500 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2012, 05:00 AM
 
546 posts, read 1,172,237 times
Reputation: 373
Coventry was vaporized. Vendetta is not relevant? It's quite obvious that your grandmother was not from Coventry. You are probably talking about some relative 100 years ago.

Why Chauvinist? Merkel is a person raised in DDR, and ossies were not denazified. She does not have anything to do with German staticians (most anti-nazi refugees) that founded EEC.

Yes, there have been many "Prussian" wars of agression...and history tends to repeat itself.

Last edited by cojoncillo; 06-19-2012 at 05:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2012, 05:04 AM
 
546 posts, read 1,172,237 times
Reputation: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by chascarrillo View Post
Well, Spain and Portugal entered in the artificial invention called European Economic Community in 1985, and almost no one was riding donkeys, just kept as a tourist attraction for the uneducated European tourists who came to the south with a colonial attitude holders of a higher culture. The same as the bullfights and flamenco.

Portugal and Spain are countries that have survived for centuries without the need for help from Germany. In fact, the Spanish are not very grateful to Europe, before 1985 Spain was the tenth industrial power in the world, and thanks to industrial restructuring forced by the European Union, and the attempts to eliminate Spanish agriculture (one of the world's largest producers), have relegated the country to cheap tourism.

Italy gives more money to UE than it receives, and Spain, until two weeks ago, the difference was technically zero.


Yes, in fact most of Germany and the Low Countries were part of the Spanish Empire. Yes, when Franco died in 1975, Spain was the tenth industrial power in the world. Not only we had not donkeys, but we drove Spanish made cars and Spain was the third or fouth car manufacturer in the world. Yes, not to mention agriculture.

They need our demand and our bank rates, but we can survive without them. Spain is Europe, not invaded territory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top