Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2016, 01:18 AM

26,778 posts, read 22,526,584 times

Advertisements

^

( But you can come across this "Savolaxid morph" in Russia too... )

Old 07-01-2016, 01:18 AM

4,680 posts, read 13,421,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Who/what is the "East Nordid?"
Don't be confused. You know the Corded Nordid type. A Nordid type usually associated with you guys (Russians), Balts and sometimes Finns. It's similar to the Hallstatt but shows more of the Corded features.

Old 07-01-2016, 01:24 AM

26,778 posts, read 22,526,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Don't be confused. You know the Corded Nordid type.
No I don't. ( I used this definition once because it sounded good))))

Quote:
A Nordid type usually associated with you guys (Russians),
Not with me - I assure you of that one)))

Quote:
Balts and sometimes Finns. It's similar to the Hallstatt but shows more of the Corded features.
No clue))))

Old 07-01-2016, 01:33 AM

Quote:
^

( But you can come across this "Savolaxid morph" in Russia too... )
Of course! The Savolaxid Core area is Eastern Finland, North Karelia and Russia as well as Lapland!

Old 07-01-2016, 08:34 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,792,350 times
Quote:
This Finnish MP is actually Nordid, but more particularly of the Aisto-Nordid phenotype (Estonian-Nordic). This Aisto-Nordid phenotype played a role in the formation of the Tronder type more common westwards in Norway and Tavastid type in Finland. This type is said to be purest among Finns and Estonians. The MP is not an identical copy and is older, but would fit well within range.

Aisto-Nordid morph below:

The dude in the picture below:
Quote:
This other Finnish MP is of the Tavastid phenotype, but not exactly, instead more of a generalized Tavastid phenotype.

The Finn below [generalized Tavastid phenotype with Neo-Danubian (Nordic+Ladogan) leanings] but again older in age:

Tavastid morph:

Some might even classify him as Neo-Danubian as well

These guys are from the same city, actually. The city in which I happen to reside in.

Remember the second face (Petteri Orpo). He's our new Minister of Finance, and thus the 3rd most powerful person in the country.

Classify this MP, please. Don't google or anything, this is a test.

Old 07-01-2016, 08:47 AM

Quote:
No I don't. ( I used this definition once because it sounded good))))

Not with me - I assure you of that one)))

No clue))))
East Nordids examples like Elena Dementieva, Alexander Godunov, Maria Sharapova, Pavel Kashin. You could be Neo-Danubian or North Pontid or even Pontid ( East Mediterranid variant).

Old 07-01-2016, 09:06 AM

As a clarification: the Tavastians and Savolaxids are tribes of Finland. Finland was never unified as a kingdom but was a loose congregation mostly during wars against the Norsemen and Novgorod, and even split up internally. There is some evidence that Satakunta (a province) Tavastians were long-lasting allies with the Swedish Vikings and in part helped with the Swedish conquest of Finland. As for genetical differences, I don't know, but it has been proved that Western and Eastern Finns are more genetically distant from each other than the differences between two other European countries, like Germany with France.

Tavastians:

Savonians:

The Finns, hence the name of Finland:

Old 07-01-2016, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
These guys are from the same city, actually. The city in which I happen to reside in.

Remember the second face (Petteri Orpo). He's our new Minister of Finance, and thus the 3rd most powerful person in the country.

Classify this MP, please. Don't google or anything, this is a test.
Firstly if those MP's are from the same city, it's alright. People in one city do not have one single phenotype. Additionally, just due to the fact that I speak about Europid phenotypes, I do not like to be " tested". This is just to let you know. That MP below doesn't look as typically European.

Old 07-01-2016, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Firstly if those MP's are from the same city, it's alright. People in one city do not have one single phenotype. Additionally, just due to the fact that I speak about Europid phenotypes, I do not like to be " tested". This is just to let you know. That MP below doesn't look as typically European.
Why not? I love to be tested and challenged. But you're right, he's not of an European ethnicity.

Old 07-01-2016, 09:43 AM

4,231 posts, read 3,555,945 times
I think Finns are diverse.

But of course they need more blondes and beer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe