Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2016, 06:00 PM

3,326 posts, read 2,619,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloxias View Post
If I had to pick as the most diverse Europeans.

It would be in this order:

1. Russians
2. Italians
3. French
4. Hungarians
5. Germans

These countries from what I've have seen got a lot of diverse phenotypes.

These least diverse that is more harder to pick.
But you said before that those are the least diverse:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloxias View Post
It is definitely hard to say but if I had to say then it is this:

1. Germans.
2. Sicilians.
3. Spaniards.
So what's your final verdict? Oh, I know it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY

The italian guy which can't accept his own DNA. You seem too confused.

Even northern Italy has more north african/middle eastern DNA that whole Spain, very similar to Portugal (the 2 countries which you hate most).

Central and specially southern italians are quite more linked to northern africans and middle easterns. I mean, do you consider that if you are "whiter" you are "better"? That's not true...

No one is better than anyone just for it's skin colour, and less the racists like you (specially the ones which don't accept themselves and just expel hatred on the Internet).

Old 11-16-2016, 04:04 AM

10,889 posts, read 2,191,857 times
my another one of those maps where the guy had fun putting colors in circles of different size while he was studying geography

Old 11-16-2016, 04:45 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,290,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junter View Post

Definetly one of the worst trolls in City-Data, I've seen your posts and huh, you have to solve that complex and hatred to Spaniards.

I live in Spain, being born in The Netherlands, and here you can see a olive skinned spaniard with black hair seeming a typical southern italian (like Antonio Banderas) to a guy whiter than me with blonde/ginger hair and blue eyes.

Let's compare one of the most famous Spanish TV series to one of the most famous Italian TV series:

Gomorra, Italy:

La Que Se Avecina, Spain:

(this guy from the bottom right is north american)

Another TV series. Los Hombres de Paco, Spain:

You see that ginger haired milk skinned guy? No, he's not Patrick from North Belfast. He's from Alcantarilla, Murcia, in the south of Spain.

Don Matteo, Italy:

That guy in the middle looks totally north European (Don Matteo) he is Terence Hill, known for his movies with Bud Spencer, with a German mother.

Enrique Martinez, besides... both of his fathers are from Murcia. At least that's what Wikipedia says:

cloxias: trololololo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1PBptSDIh8

The reality is that the least diverse looks can be found in the Baltic countries.
Those are TV shows, though. Obviously a show depicting Naples would show mostly dark-haired people.

The truth is, Italians have very diverse looks, and light-haired people are not uncommon at all. I actually have at least 4 female friends who have red hair, and I have met many who have different shades of auburn or light brown. Sure super dark haired people are pretty common too, but seeing a curly light brown with white skin person is totally normal.

These are the kids from schools nearby. Yes there are probably foreigners:

A middle school:

another local school:

Old 11-16-2016, 06:15 AM

3,326 posts, read 2,619,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaïraJ View Post
my another one of those maps where the guy had fun putting colors in circles of different size while he was studying geography
I just wanted to state that the diversity in Spain is enormous, just walk in any Spanish city and see it by yourself. Well, here you got a DNA study from the Erasmus University. Fun in colors

The Genetic Map of Europe - The New York Times

Cloxias is just a troll. 1st he said that germans and southern italians have the least diverse looks. Then a week later, he said that they have one of the most diverse looks.

As far as I know:
Celts descended from Spanish fishermen, study finds | The Independent
The majority of Britons are descended from the Spanish. | Antimoon Forum

It's obviously that Spaniards are one of the most diverse in entire Europe, same as Italians. Spain and Italy, both, had viking settlements:

After been living in The Netherlands and Spain, studied in both places, grown up in a high school from the south-east of Spain... I can conclude that less than 5% of people which I know look like northern africans/berbers or middle easterns. I'm not a racist mongrel, and I'm not very different from most spaniards, even being half dutch with a pale skin (not white as milk tho, more a peachy skin with freckles).

And like I said before. No one is better than anyone because it's skin is whiter. That's just for ultranationalist mongrels with 20th century fascist mentalities. I'm not accusing anyone for being this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotten username View Post
Those are TV shows, though. Obviously a show depicting Naples would show mostly dark-haired people.

The truth is, Italians have very diverse looks, and light-haired people are not uncommon at all. I actually have at least 4 female friends who have red hair, and I have met many who have different shades of auburn or light brown. Sure super dark haired people are pretty common too, but seeing a curly light brown with white skin person is totally normal.

These are the kids from schools nearby. Yes there are probably foreigners:

A middle school:

another local school:
Yes I know man. My point was to deride the troll of cloxias, which contradicts himself post after post.
I know many italians which live in Alicante and obviously the diversity is tremendous, just like in Spain. The Baltic countries have the least diverse persons in Europe.

Last edited by ase42dv; 11-16-2016 at 07:44 AM..

Old 11-16-2016, 10:16 AM

1,473 posts, read 1,329,220 times
Why do you worry about such idiocies? The only people that think in those things live in Australia or Arkansas and have never set foot in any large city.

Old 11-16-2016, 04:23 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,430,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arthurrdim View Post
There is a stark contrast between southern French and Germans. Southern french are darker.

Go to northern parts of France, people are not different from German. A lot of blond, light haired and ginger (I am french and light haired, as my family is blond).

France is a transitionnal country, obviously you can find different phenotypes.
True! There is no real difference between the North French people and their neighbors in Central and Northern Europe. People have been exaggerating the differences due to ignorance. The typical Frenchman with the dark hair, dark eyes and slightly swarthy in complexion is the one who is from the southern regions of France.

An example of a North French population pigmentation.

Old 11-16-2016, 04:28 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,430,206 times
The hair colour described as "chatain" by the French, true description in the English language is the colour between medium and dark brown. It is the most common hair colour amongst (White) French people

Old 11-16-2016, 07:49 PM

2,661 posts, read 5,470,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junter View Post
I just wanted to state that the diversity in Spain is enormous, just walk in any Spanish city and see it by yourself. Well, here you got a DNA study from the Erasmus University. Fun in colors

The Genetic Map of Europe - The New York Times

Cloxias is just a troll. 1st he said that germans and southern italians have the least diverse looks. Then a week later, he said that they have one of the most diverse looks.

As far as I know:
Celts descended from Spanish fishermen, study finds | The Independent
The majority of Britons are descended from the Spanish. | Antimoon Forum

It's obviously that Spaniards are one of the most diverse in entire Europe, same as Italians. Spain and Italy, both, had viking settlements:

After been living in The Netherlands and Spain, studied in both places, grown up in a high school from the south-east of Spain... I can conclude that less than 5% of people which I know look like northern africans/berbers or middle easterns. I'm not a racist mongrel, and I'm not very different from most spaniards, even being half dutch with a pale skin (not white as milk tho, more a peachy skin with freckles).

And like I said before. No one is better than anyone because it's skin is whiter. That's just for ultranationalist mongrels with 20th century fascist mentalities. I'm not accusing anyone for being this!

Yes I know man. My point was to deride the troll of cloxias, which contradicts himself post after post.
I know many italians which live in Alicante and obviously the diversity is tremendous, just like in Spain. The Baltic countries have the least diverse persons in Europe.

You're posting those old studies which are so outdated. If you notice they were published over 10 years ago. Genetics has grown in leaps and bounds since then. R1b for example was only in Europe from the Bronze Age. No link with Spanish fisherman and the Insular Celts which is obvious looking at the Erasmus study which you have posted as well. People keep reposting outdated information.

Here is the most up-to-date study on the British population. I've linked it previously but this is the most thorough genetic study on the British population to date.

http://www.peopleofthebritishisles.org/nl6.pdf

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0318145420.htm

Last edited by Bernie20; 11-16-2016 at 08:21 PM..

Old 11-16-2016, 07:56 PM

2,661 posts, read 5,470,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karstic View Post
Why do you worry about such idiocies? The only people that think in those things live in Australia or Arkansas and have never set foot in any large city.
If you are having a swipe at me re "living in Australia" I'm Irish born. If people are genuinely interested and want to increase their knowledge about population genetics they will have to look outside City Data. I usually try to steer people in the right direction but there is a lot of misinformation posted on these forums.

Old 11-17-2016, 04:15 AM

121 posts, read 277,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
True! There is no real difference between the North French people and their neighbors in Central and Northern Europe. People have been exaggerating the differences due to ignorance. The typical Frenchman with the dark hair, dark eyes and slightly swarthy in complexion is the one who is from the southern regions of France.

An example of a North French population pigmentation.
They are similar to british and belgian wallons in pigmentation but darker than germans..and more so norther. Germans, dutch and scandinavians/baltic people...or even poles, russians,etc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe