Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2014, 06:30 AM

14,808 posts, read 11,879,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbelle View Post
GloriaEstefan Ibeans also burn believe me, advice on TV every summer is very strict about this, sun is very strong in the Iberian lands plus there are around 60 million Iberians. Even black people sunburn.
At last! Somebody who is actually talking some sense on this thread!

Old 03-06-2014, 06:39 AM

606 posts, read 1,619,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
No obsession, just facts.
Indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloriaEstefan View Post
Pretty much all of Europe's except the Iberians.
Indeed and also don't forget Greeks generally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Lamb View Post
I dont burn and im blonde/blue eyes. Ive also seen a lot of Scandinavians who get very tan, but rarely red.
Fair point.

Scandinavians can tan good depending but also a lot can burn.

Quote:
Iberians don't burn? Maybe I can't find suncream there then.
Iberians rarely burn because they have much thicker skin than most other Europeans and tan very often and easy like Sicilians, Maltese and especially Greeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JedlaRoche View Post
All native Europeans burn.. Just some are more careful about the sun, and know we need to tan gradually before being exposed to long hours of sun with or without suncream. And by the way, I already met black people with sunburns.. It's just more difficult for them and less visible. And they tan as well. Did you already meet a black man after a very grey winter ? While some white people turn green/yellow, some black turn grey..
Yes native Europeans burn but if you are a Mediterranean Iberian or Greek your chances of burn if still more less than other Europeans in my view.

Black people off course can burn but in extremely very very rare cases not like Europeans obviously.

A better example instead of blacks to compare with Europeans would be Mongolians, Koreans and Japanese, because I have seen more of those burn than blacks.

Quote:
GloriaEstefan Ibeans also burn believe me, advice on TV every summer is very strict about this, sun is very strong in the Iberian lands plus there are around 60 million Iberians. Even black people sunburn.
LOL, Typical of you like other Iberians.

Trying to get others on your side just so they can believe you.

No matter how you try, Iberians will still be totally swarthy like Greeks than they will sunburn, strong sun or not, sorry.

Not wise to mention black people just as a excuse for your ability to tan easy like typical Iberians or Greeks.

Better to pick Mongols, Koreans or Japs.

Old 03-06-2014, 06:46 AM

39 posts, read 81,708 times
With a beautiful skintone like this I doubt you can ever burn.

http://fotos.imagenesdeposito.com/im...largo-8011.gif

Last edited by Rozenn; 03-06-2014 at 04:22 PM.. Reason: Copyright issues

Old 03-06-2014, 06:49 AM

^^Very true Gloria Estefan.

Only some would deny it.

Iberians to me are more like Greeks than other Europeans.

Old 03-06-2014, 06:59 AM

14,808 posts, read 11,879,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloxias View Post
Indeed.

Indeed and also don't forget Greeks generally.

Fair point.

Scandinavians can tan good depending but also a lot can burn.

Iberians rarely burn because they have much thicker skin than most other Europeans and tan very often and easy like Sicilians, Maltese and especially Greeks.

Yes native Europeans burn but if you are a Mediterranean Iberian or Greek your chances of burn if still more less than other Europeans in my view.

Black people off course can burn but in extremely very very rare cases not like Europeans obviously.

A better example instead of blacks to compare with Europeans would be Mongolians, Koreans and Japanese, because I have seen more of those burn than blacks.

No matter how you try, Iberians will still be totally swarthy like Greeks than they will sunburn, strong sun or not, sorry.

Not wise to mention black people just as a excuse for your ability to tan easy like typical Iberians or Greeks.

Good grief! Thicker skin now is it! Whats next all Belgians have 'pointier elbows!'?

Old 03-06-2014, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Good grief! Thicker skin now is it! Whats next all Belgians have 'pointier elbows!'?
Hahahahaha, nice joke and sarcasm.

Old 03-06-2014, 09:21 AM

1,663 posts, read 3,468,680 times
Quote:

Skin get always burn whatever is the colour, because the sun is stronger than the skin cells and everybody needs some protection, the difference is that some humans get burn more easily than others.

Quote:
Iberians to me are more like Greeks than other Europeans.
At last a kind comment from you to the Iberians aka your obsession, Greeks are one of the most intereting and old cultures in the world, smart ones plus they are very beautiful people in general terms.

Old 03-06-2014, 09:23 AM

58 posts, read 93,996 times
Everyone sunburns, only the "Blackest" Blacks (whatever that means) are immune to that. Most Europeans north of Pyrenees, Alps and Balkans are just too weak to cope with heat though :P

Old 03-06-2014, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Skin get always burn whatever is the colour, because the sun is stronger than the skin cells and everybody needs some protection, the difference is that some humans get burn more easily than others.

At last a kind comment from you to the Iberians aka your obsession, Greeks are one of the most intereting and old cultures in the world, smart ones plus they are very beautiful people in general terms.
Yes I know how the skin works, I was just going to the general statement than going into detail.

No obsession just my observations, you also do not need to tell me about Greeks since they were off course one of the best old cultures from the past but in the present they are not the one of the top cultures now.

Old 03-06-2014, 06:01 PM

217 posts, read 274,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkai View Post
Everyone sunburns, only the "Blackest" Blacks (whatever that means) are immune to that. Most Europeans north of Pyrenees, Alps and Balkans are just too weak to cope with heat though :P
Its not about being weak or strong, its just what youre used to. A lot of people from southern Europe are also too 'weak' to deal with the cold then. Im from Holland, and have light hair and eyes, although i dont burn. Ive lived in Argentina and Spain and am perfectly fine with heat, i stand it better than cold. You just get accostumed after a while. Argentina has a lot of people that came from Germany, and are perfectly adjusted to the warmth and humidity of the south. And trust me that the sun is a lot stronger in Argentina, than its in Spain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe