Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2012, 08:42 AM

1,725 posts, read 2,055,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic_Vega View Post
The name is Bäckman
The only thing that matters is if what he said is true. Because then the social service should have seeked father's prosecution, not take kids, including an infant, away from mother.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 10:06 AM

888 posts, read 1,584,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by russiaonline View Post
The only thing that matters is if what he said is true. Because then the social service should have seeked father's prosecution, not take kids, including an infant, away from mother.
The question at this point is not the fact whether his claims are truthful or not, but the fact that anyone in the general public, including Johan Bäckman, has limited information regarding the case right now. Nothing at this point suggests that there couldn't be more to this story than what Bäckman and the mother are letting out, which is why it is too early to jump to any conclusions about either sides supposed wrongdoing, one way or another at this point.

I'm sorry if i come out as a bit skeptic in a situation like this, but there are many cases where a party has used media attention as a way of trying to manipulate and influence the actions of authorities, pressure them by using public opinion, for the sole sake of furthering their personal interests. And don't get me wrong, i have lots of sympathy for the mother, even if it is later revealed that she was indeed legally unfit to keep the custody of her children. But i also believe the social services of the City of Vantaa should be given a chance to do their job by the book too.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:37 AM

Quote:
it is too early to jump to any conclusions about either sides supposed wrongdoing, one way or another at this point.
I agree, but with one objection: if the court really defended the social service, on the basis that father may slap kids - that constitutes a gross illegal abuse of Russian citizens. They punish kids and mother for father's wrongdoings.

Quote:
But i also believe the social services of the City of Vantaa should be given a chance to do their job by the book too.
Even if Russia embargoes little Finland? And even if such cuties move to your border with an ultimatum?

You should understand that it's not only your domestic affair. From our side it looks like kidnapping of our citizens, and refusal to provide any details. It looks bad.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Even if Russia embargoes little Finland? And even if such cuties move to your border with an ultimatum?

You should understand that it's not only your domestic affair. From our side it looks like kidnapping of our citizens, and refusal to provide any details. It looks bad.
I'm sure nobody wants things to go that way, but my opinions on the basis of how courts and social services should be run are not going to change, no matter how many accusations and pictures you throw at me.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:58 AM

Quote:
I'm sure nobody wants things to go that way, but my opinions on the basis of how courts and social services should be run are not going to change, no matter how many accusations and pictures you throw at me.
I hope your government won't be so stubborn, if situation goes south.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
I hope your government won't be so stubborn, if situation goes south.
Maybe you should, as a concerned russian citizen, approach our Ministry of Foreign Relations with a letter on how to improve our international affairs, as well as on how our justice system and social services should give preferential treatment to russian citizens. I advice you to attach a picture of a T-90 on the letter, to further convince them that your inquiry is a serious one

Old 10-17-2012, 12:58 PM

317 posts, read 409,249 times
So it's come to arguing over international domestic disputes, the facts of which nobody on this forum has complete access to?

Or is RoL as lead counsel posting pictures of tanks as a way to sway the jury?

Old 10-17-2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Maybe you should, as a concerned russian citizen, approach our Ministry of Foreign Relations with a letter on how to improve our international affairs, as well as on how our justice system and social services should give preferential treatment to russian citizens.
That's what our concerned high-level politicians are doing for months now.

Quote:
I advice you to attach a picture of a T-90 on the letter, to further convince them that your inquiry is a serious one
That's a bit premature. But there was already a threat of embargo - not from Putin, but Astahov is not the last guy in Russia too.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_Smails View Post
Or is RoL as lead counsel posting pictures of tanks as a way to sway the jury?
But I wouldn't be surprised, if a pic is enough for them to sh.t in their pants.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
But I wouldn't be surprised, if a pic is enough for them to sh.t in their pants.
You give yourself too little credit, had you taken this matter in your own hands and contacted them using your convincing salesman-like methods, this whole ordeal would probably be over already
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe