U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2012, 11:52 PM

15,046 posts, read 13,641,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
I feel better now...
So, who is responsible for technological inferiority of Russia in XXI century?
Who?
Some damn Russian dissidents like Sakharov, that's who.
If he wouldn't have argued with Soviet politburo and built that damn Tsar Bomba speedy quick as they were asking him nicely, there would have been no one left by now to argue whose technology is superior.

Here Rebel - get busy with reading, educate yourself on the non-existent science in the Soviet Union, while I and my Commie friend Ruth will exchange opinions on Soviet apartments.

Andrei Sakharov - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-03-2012, 11:54 PM

78,831 posts, read 70,635,877 times
Quote:
Sure. Things like freedom of speech, personal freedoms... Life is so great in Russia
Off-topic. Thread isn't about personal freedoms. Please stick to topic, or start your own thread.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:58 PM

15,046 posts, read 13,641,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Off-topic. Thread isn't about personal freedoms. Please stick to topic, or start your own thread.
Meh, just ignore him.
Where is Russiaonline?
These two need to get a room....

Old 10-04-2012, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Where is Russiaonline?
These two need to get a room....
LOL! Just so long as they don't do it here.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:40 AM

I know a Buryat child psychologist who designed some board games based on Buryat and Russian culture. Somehow (don't ask me how), Disney found out about them, and offered him enough money for the rights to the games, that he could retire for the rest of his life, in high style. He turned them down, because he didn't want to give up creative control. He founded a private school for gifted kids based on Buryat culture and values.

There are brilliant and highly creative people in Russia. Thanks for the Sakharov article--amazing!

Old 10-04-2012, 03:44 AM

887 posts, read 1,377,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Where is Russiaonline?
Might be bathing in that petrochemical money.

How about this thread goes from booking rooms back to discussing russian manufacturing for export.

I have a question, how much bureaucracy, red tape, and corruption must a foreign company have to go through in order to set up shop in Russia, and manufacture something for export.

Old 10-04-2012, 04:22 AM

3,101 posts, read 4,560,744 times
Quote:
Karast I was there. I ate in dirty Soviet restaurants and tried Soviet food: meats, chese, bread, beer that was available to general population and I know that it would never make it to American stores. It was subpar.
Like I said, because Soviet people could not travel to other countries many believed that this is the norm. These who had access to Beriozka for obvious reasons kept quiet. There is a reason why regular people could not even come in to look around.
Who told you that or how do you know that People in the Soviet Union could not travel to other countries? Is this the same error and from without your knowledge. In the USSR as well as today was a foreign passport, the only difference is that he was given for a year, not like today for 5 years.

Old 10-04-2012, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Karast, so much is lost in translation here it is not even funny. Since you insist in particiaptng in English language forum why don't you just learn the lanuage and write in English?
Some other propaganda-bots like Russiaonline don't see to have a problem with the language.
am on a different forums, in tomchisle for example German. You think I mean to learn German? My interest has always been to other languages , whichI own today. To learn the language you need 1 Motive. 2 desire. 3 time. And if any factor of 3 is violated, the language you know are not awake.

Old 10-04-2012, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Karast. This is how we discuss in the free world. When you make a statement you have to support it with evidence.
I provided evidence of a lot of time in the other topics. I don't think I owe you something to prove. If you don't believe it is your own business. If there is doubt read my other posts or in front of you the world wide web, dare. Do you often make the statement which you do not confirm, but you demand it from other

Old 10-04-2012, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_Smails View Post
I don't know whether it's an indictment of Russian submarines or Russian rescue services, but does the name Kursk ring any bells for you? You've a large hurdle to jump to demonstrate that Russian submarines are "the best". Best at what? Not sinking instantly?

The US enriches it's own uranium and coverts fuel from dismantled warheads, I don't know where you pull this stuff Grey. USEC is the company that handles most of the enrichment for civilian purposes, and now the French company Areva is building a plant near the Idaho National Laboratory to supply additional capacity. GE and Hitachi are also planning new enrichment facilities there. All of these companies are publicly traded so the curious person can actually get the facts from an open source.

USEC obtains Russian uranium as part of the Megatons to Megawatts programme - part of the nuclear non-proliferation treaty which allowed the Russian nuclear sector something to do while not producing warheads. This would thus avoid uncomfortable situations where unpaid former Soviet nuclear scientists try to feed their families by dealing a little hotcake on the side.

And since Uranium is fungible, it's simply a matter of cost to import from Russia. If Russia didn't supply it, the US could mine its own or import from Canada or Australia. As they do already.
Kursk-This is a separate topic is covered with a great secret. Our boats are composed of two buildings, U.S. submarines from one. India appealed it to Russia for the construction of submarines and no one builds submarines of this technology. Such boats as Kursk walk on the seas for many decades, and problems with them there, and secondly, this is just one project among many. As regards without noise so many times Americans lost Russian submarine zi review echo locator, was not so long ago when a boat followed the teachings in Europe where were the American and British submarines. Which they learned about the fact that the Russian submarine monitors the teachings only then, when I had to come because of the urgent hospital one of the crew members. The biggest, fastest and the most deep-water submarine that Soviet submarines. Show at least one submarine, who could at the same time a single gulp (one start) start immediately 20 missiles which weigh about 100 tons each, that is, all the missiles weigh 2000 tons. which at the same time to take off from a submarine. With regard to uranium, it was about the fact that America could not enrich the spent uranium (uranium which was already used) America the uranium just buried in the ground or leases it to Russia for processing. Russia has the technology for the disposal of radioactive waste and their processing. For example, in Chernobyl thus disable waste (robot) after the catastrophe in Japan. Japan requested from Russia, help neutralize radioactive wastes the same devices which were used at Chernobyl. Where I take their posts? From his own experience, from acquaintances, friends, relatives, University of books,Internet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe