U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 05:43 AM

3,101 posts, read 4,559,807 times

Advertisements

«Yandex» Microsoft won the tender of the European Internet giant (if I use Internet, I always use this system, not Google)
The largest Internet portal of the Czech Republic Seznam, choosing search technology for video, compare solutions, Microsoft, AOL and «Yandex». The choice was made in favor of «Yandex», despite the fact that the search for Microsoft Bing Seznam already use in their other services. «Yandex» has agreed about cooperation with the largest information and search portal of the Czech Republic - Seznam, which owns about 56% of the local market. Today, 30 November, on this portal running a search on video, developed by the «Yandex». It works in the beta version to the address videa.seznam.cz.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:46 AM

I think enough information to understand the trends for today's development of exports.Besides Harts lol

Old 10-05-2012, 06:26 AM

2,924 posts, read 2,359,743 times
By NBCNewYork.com and wire reports

Updated 9:18 a.m. ET: NEW YORK -- An elaborate network aimed at illegally acquiring U.S.-made microelectronic components for Russian military and spy agencies has been broken up, the Justice Department said on Wednesday - but Russia later denied its spy agencies were involved.

Federal prosecutors unsealed an indictment charging 11 alleged participants in the network, as well as companies based in Houston, Texas and Moscow, with illegally exporting high-tech components from the United States to Russian security agencies.

NBCNewYork.com
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...-agencies?lite

Old 10-05-2012, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
By NBCNewYork.com and wire reports

Updated 9:18 a.m. ET: NEW YORK -- An elaborate network aimed at illegally acquiring U.S.-made microelectronic components for Russian military and spy agencies has been broken up, the Justice Department said on Wednesday - but Russia later denied its spy agencies were involved.

Federal prosecutors unsealed an indictment charging 11 alleged participants in the network, as well as companies based in Houston, Texas and Moscow, with illegally exporting high-tech components from the United States to Russian security agencies.

NBCNewYork.com
Feds: High-tech smuggling ring sent US electronics to Russian spy, military agencies - U.S. News
This scandal for the elections. About the technologies on which stated Americans are sold freely on the Internet and are not secret. And the citizens are the Americans except one.It is illegal deliveries of the goods, the supply of which is not allowed. This is not the reconnaissance activities and spying. This is the use of properties of the free market
This could be a pre-election move. It is not uncommon for Americans to use such scandals that is in the pre-election rhetoric. Moreover, they are periodically thus acted even with Israel, when their citizens were detained, to suppress his insade-political situation.And is not related to this topic in General.

Last edited by GreyKarast; 10-05-2012 at 07:07 AM..

Old 10-05-2012, 01:31 PM

78,752 posts, read 70,607,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
No it's not a lie, regarding the environment. You were in Sakhalin? You understand that laws were written after the collapse of the USSR to destroy everything, and these laws were written very interesting not the Russian government, but this was known to all. Oil, gas and metals have not belonged to Russia according to these laws. And Russia is not received in 2.5 times from its budget.
OK, Grey, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. If I ever get back to the RFE, I'll go to Sakhalin and try to check it out myself. So, you're saying that the environmental laws were weak after the USSR crashed, so foreign oil companies were able to take advantage of that? It's possible. But where is the outcry, then, about the ruin of the environment that Russian companies created, long before the USSR crashed? Why does the government only accuse foreign companies, without addressing its own transgressions and improving standards for its own companies?

Old 10-05-2012, 01:35 PM

78,752 posts, read 70,607,687 times
Quote:
Didn't you know how Americana and the Japanese monitor the environment, when they are not at home? A simple example of Africa. If interested very much possible to find the information, but for only a pittance of damage. You know what is engaged in the organization of the green IPR? she had 2 of the kind of activity and one of them is very specific.Although I think that all of the large companies do and it is not true to indicate nationality. I'm sorry! It is clear of course, if the laws to the ecology of the softer, for their violation less responsibility, it means savings .but this is another topic
This is true. There have been very serious problems with oil extraction in some countries, due to either "soft" laws, or government corruption, or both. I assumed that the "new Russia" had stronger laws in place. Maybe not, under Yeltsin.

Good post about technology export to Japan, etc. Thank you.

Old 10-05-2012, 06:04 PM

2,924 posts, read 2,359,743 times
Quote:
This scandal for the elections. About the technologies on which stated Americans are sold freely on the Internet and are not secret. And the citizens are the Americans except one.It is illegal deliveries of the goods, the supply of which is not allowed. This is not the reconnaissance activities and spying. This is the use of properties of the free market
This could be a pre-election move. It is not uncommon for Americans to use such scandals that is in the pre-election rhetoric. Moreover, they are periodically thus acted even with Israel, when their citizens were detained, to suppress his insade-political situation.And is not related to this topic in General.
I don't know if you realize but a Russian coming to an American board and trying to tell us that illegal export of high technology to Russia is just a pre-election move is pretty arrogant.

Old 10-05-2012, 06:37 PM

990 posts, read 1,525,829 times
I've read through half the thread, and that's enough for me.

I recently read a very good book, which explains a lot, and confirms things I've heard in the past through my family who lived in the former USSR.

Lost and Found in Russia - lives in a post-Soviet landscape, by Susan Richards.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OK, Grey, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. If I ever get back to the RFE, I'll go to Sakhalin and try to check it out myself. So, you're saying that the environmental laws were weak after the USSR crashed, so foreign oil companies were able to take advantage of that? It's possible. But where is the outcry, then, about the ruin of the environment that Russian companies created, long before the USSR crashed? Why does the government only accuse foreign companies, without addressing its own transgressions and improving standards for its own companies?
A little bit wrong, Laws in Russia have always been weak and in the USSR. An example of the Company on Sakhalin island without the knowledge of the construction of two onshore pipelines with a length of 800 km - from the Northern fields to the South of the village of Prigorodnoye, to the place of location of the plant for the liquefaction of natural gas. Pipe runs through the swamp, mountainous terrain, through spawning rivers, and the operator of the project Sakhalin Energy does not hide that the violations were made. In Russia, as often happens - the company allow to cut down the forest here. This is one of many examples. Russian companies are also violated, but they are more afraid of what they will be closed.
And do not harm much at large. There are a lot of Western programs that show sites, after the activities of the major oil companies. Now about the green IPR. This organization was not created for the protection of nature, in order to get rid of competitors. Only a small part of them does protect nature. An example in the Arctic. On the Russian oil platform attacked green Pease, but why don't they attack American plate? This competition. Foreigners often resort to a violation of, as the legislation on the protection of the only gaining momentum. At home naturally with such fines of such a place is not possible. You Know how foreigners destroyed bio - resources of the sea of Okhotsk not so long ago, until they were driven out?

Old 10-05-2012, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is true. There have been very serious problems with oil extraction in some countries, due to either "soft" laws, or government corruption, or both. I assumed that the "new Russia" had stronger laws in place. Maybe not, under Yeltsin.

Good post about technology export to Japan, etc. Thank you.
In the new Russia practically all the laws were not for Russia, and not in favour of Russia. According to these laws Russia has not belonged to herself. If Yeltsin was the President of a couple of years, then he destroyed Russia itself completely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe