Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 12:41 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Neuling, stop it with the confusing humor! I need to get outside and saddle up my horse and go into town to cash my oil checks but instead I'm sitting here reading this (though reading is very difficult for me since I'm from the south) and trying to figure out whether or not you're being intentionally funny.

I was going into town to buy a gun and to watch a public execution by the way. When I get back home I'm going to watch a little Fox News (though they're a bit too liberal for my taste), then go outside and do some target practicing with my AK 47, then I'll come back in, eat some BBQ (way too much of it since our servings are so huge), drink some domestic beer, take my insulin, and fall asleep watching Duck Dynasty, with my pit bull at my side, safe and sound in my McMansion.

That reminds me - I need to get the four wheeler fixed so I can drive down my driveway to check my mail rather than walking. Between the massive size of our lots, and the massive size of my waist, I really need that four wheeler...
Someone has turned the American Dream into reality...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2014, 03:12 PM

5,921 posts, read 13,855,132 times
OK, after all this, anybody else still think, Germany is not funny ?
Ja na sowas, so ein Schmarn !!!

Old 04-07-2014, 06:04 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,535,684 times
I wasn't going to go through all 17 pages to see if this was posted already but...

South Park - Germany is outraged - YouTube

"Knockwurst knockwurst"

Last edited by Jesse44; 04-07-2014 at 06:12 PM..

Old 04-07-2014, 06:11 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Germany officially the world's least funny country - Telegraph

Of course I KNOW it's a stereotype. I've met German people with a sense of humour. BUT I also have noticed that do tend to be a bit more 'matter-of-fact', rational and not as easy in laughing as other nationalities.

Totally disagree with Brits, they're pretty funny. I actually find in terms of wits Americans and Australians aren't really naturals at it, on the whole.

I once had a long distance relationship with a German from Stuttgart when I lived in NYC. We had the same sense of humor and we laughed a lot. First time we drove from France into Germany, he said "Ok--we are coming into Germany now--stop laughing--be serious--and no more jokes.

Old 04-07-2014, 06:39 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irman View Post
People say Germany is not funny ?

Neuling *tries* to be funny, and Kathryn *thinks* she is funny ... ....

Me ? I used to live in Barbaria, oops Bavaria ....
(I hate this autospelling feature ! I should ask my grandson how to turn it off !)
Dang, the only good jokes I know are the ones that make fun of Texan tourists in Bayern !

Here is one for Kathryn:

This Texan drives around in Bayern (in a tourbus), and comes to meet a Bavarian Farmer.
The Texan gets out of the tour bus and asks the German Farmer how big his land is.
The Farmer says:
You see this fence here? And that row of trees there in the distance ?
That is how big my farm is.
Texan says:
Not bad, but my ranch is so big, it takes two days to drive around it in my old Cadillac.
Farmer says:
I used to have an old green Mercedes like that also ... takes almost three days to go around.
(For the Germans between us --- Die Alte Gruene Klapperkiste)

Later on that same tourbus drives around in Bayern.
They pass by several big castles and each time the driver mentions proudly how long it took to build.
The Texan counters with:
We can do things like that in less than half the time, and make it twice as big !
Then they get to Koln.
They pass by the Cathedral, and the Texan says:
Hey driver, what is that Church ?
Driver says, after stopping abruptly:
I have no idea, it was not there yesterday !

And one more:
This same Texan walks around the center square and approaches a fountain in the middle of the square.
He bends over and scoops up a bit of water and drinks it !
An old German sitting on the edge of the fountain screams:
(In German) --- Hey you can not drink that water !
Texan looks up and turns to the tour bus driver and asks, *What the heck is he yelling ?*
Tourbus driver says:
Use two hands, goes easier and tastes better !

My apologies to German speaking people from Bavaria ....
Ahhh, someone else who "thinks" they're funny!

Keep working at it - practice makes perfect!

Old 04-07-2014, 06:51 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
It depends on which Germans. Those in the south are friendly and bubbly.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:12 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,775,091 times
Chinese people tend to be very, "matter of fact" and business like as well. It's just a cultural thing. I have found that often times when you get people to let go and laugh from a culture where it's not the norm, you really win people over quite easily this way. German people might be quite serious with many aspects of their lives, but their country, culture and the people themselves are still a great place to visit.

We can't all be the same, it's what makes the world go round.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:43 PM

5,921 posts, read 13,855,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Ahhh, someone else who "thinks" they're funny!

Keep working at it - practice makes perfect!
I am trying like heck Kathryn !!!!

Thinking I mean ....

Old 04-07-2014, 09:23 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irman View Post
I am trying like heck Kathryn !!!!

Thinking I mean ....
Actually your jokes were pretty funny. I just couldn't resist poking at you.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:12 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,163,488 times
How can anyone question the sense of humor of the people who gave us oompah music?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe