U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2012, 09:47 AM

607 posts, read 2,074,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
My brother looks just like Xavi, just a younger version. I remember after the WC final, everyone was joking that he should just put on a Spanish jersey and no one will notice

I've met quite a few Spaniards who have blonde or even red hair. In my experience they're a lot "whiter" than Italians or Portuguese, more like French people. The ones I met were all from the North (Catalunya) and centre (Madrid) though. I suppose people in other parts of Spain are generally darker.

Yes. But the blonde ones are like spanish young actor Jaime Olias (more lightbrown/dirtyblonde) not like ronald koeman or oliver kahn type of blonde. Even in northern spain you see a lot of people with very pale skin, and more blue eyes than in the south, yet few to none are true blondes, only a few lightbrown/dirtyblonde.

there are pictures of typical spanish students

From the picture above:

9 dark brown/black
1 medium (first guy left in top row)
1 medium brown to light brown (second girl left middle row)
1 light brown (first girl left middle row)

And we have to consider that the group above is almost exclusively dominated by teenagers, which means that their hair could get even darker (at least the 3 who arent darkbrown/black haired) by the time they hit late teenages or early adulhood, age when hair color somewhat stabilizes for a long time.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:56 AM

2,942 posts, read 4,390,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Caballero View Post
Yes. But the blonde ones are like spanish young actor Jaime Olias (more lightbrown/dirtyblonde) not like ronald koeman or oliver kahn type of blonde. Even in northern spain you see a lot of people with very pale skin, and more blue eyes than in the south, yet few to none are true blondes, only a few lightbrown/dirtyblonde.

Only a couple of brownish/lightbrown haired girls, the rest are all black/darkbrown hair.
No, there were two Spanish girls in my class last year that were really blonde (like, yellowish blonde) and had blue eyes and fair skin. I was watching a Spanish movie last night (El Orfanato) and the lead actress also had blonde hair. It's not as exceptional as you think in certain regions (North/centre) of Spain. This is the actess I'm talking about btw,Belén Rueda:

Old 10-05-2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
No, there were two Spanish girls in my class last year that were really blonde (like, yellowish blonde) and had blue eyes and fair skin. I was watching a Spanish movie last night (El Orfanato) and the lead actress also had blonde hair. It's not as exceptional as you think in certain regions (North/centre) of Spain. This is the actess I'm talking about btw,Belén Rueda:
That woman has underneath darker hair, she is a fake blonde , you can easily tell a fake from a natural blonde. Anyways most of the women from the celtic fringe when they dye their hair dont look so unnaturally blonde, despite having naturally much darker hair, I've noticed that among Irish women, some western British, atlantic french areas and from northern spain, which despite being naturally very dark haired naturally can go to a blonde shade without looking that unnatural , unlike most italian and greek women, which balkanian or pseudo-balkanian featuresand olive tone skin give them away faster.

It's quite common in those areas the very pale skin, dark hair and blue/light eyes combination. True blonde hair is rare though.

Dark hair in the underneath and too dark eyebrows, no way its her natural hair color, I could put 5000 euros on that. All the girls with her similar facial features I've seen have been deep darkbrown/black haired.

Now a true blonde from northern europe:

I think we all can see the difference.

Thats why you have only seen "girls" with supposedly "natural" yellow blond from spain, but never guys... I wonder why..

Old 10-05-2012, 10:07 AM

1,618 posts, read 2,784,758 times
Quote:

From the picture above:

9 dark brown/black
1 medium (first guy left in top row)
1 medium brown to light brown (second girl left middle row)
1 light brown (first girl left middle row)
That pic is not taken in Spain although the students can be perfectly Spanish, not sure about the teacher.

I used to have darker hair when I was younger than now.

Old 10-05-2012, 10:20 AM

314 posts, read 969,061 times
Quote:

Thats why you have only seen "girls" with supposedly "natural" yellow blond from spain, but never guys... I wonder why..

Old 10-05-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chascarrillo View Post

My point is the quantity, how many are that blond in spain? you can also post examples of blue eyed indian people, does it mean most indian (or even a considerably part of them) have blue eyes? No.

There is also spanish sportman kiko vega, but who many of those you see in spain? I bet they are not even the 1% of ethnic spanish population. Thats why everytime you see spanish people posting the supposed "blonde spaniards" or "spanish are also white european", etc on youtube they often post nearly exclusively women with supposedly "natural" blonde hair", when on reality nearly every one of them are either bleached dark brunettes like the woman from the picture above or either barely medium/lightbrown in the case they havent their hair dyed. They don't do it with men because men rarely dye their hair compared to women, hence they should post all the time the couple of few dudes with 100% ethnic spanish heritage who have real blond hair.

protest in cataluña:

How many blondies are there?

Not very many natural blonde guys there, isnt it?

Last edited by Don_Caballero; 10-05-2012 at 10:40 AM..

Old 10-07-2012, 05:56 AM

2,816 posts, read 5,386,366 times
With indifference.

Old 10-07-2012, 06:24 AM

24,268 posts, read 18,785,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geography Freak View Post
With indifference.
Yes. The ones most obsessive to race and hair colour are often from America. And yes, most Spaniards, Portuguese, Italians and Greeks have dark hair and brown eyes. So what? All cultures tend to find beautiful traits that are rare to that region. I like women with brown eyes and dark hair, many Spaniards are crazy for Scandinavian blondes. In India I would be the most popular man of the village because of my blue eyes. So what?

This is a picture from a Finnish anti-nuclear demonstration:

Ok, there is much more blondes than in the Barcelonan 15-M demonstrations, but the most striking difference is that these people are listening quietly to the one speaking, while the more southern demonstrations often escalate in rioting.

Old 10-07-2012, 06:49 AM

3,225 posts, read 6,295,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordPressed View Post
Since I did a thread about how much Latin Americans love Blonde people with blue eyes, I want to know about how Europeans view people with black hair and brown eyes, do they find them exotic or what?
Another stupid thread by a stupid American regarding "Europe", demonstrating their complete lack of knowledge. You do realize that there are plenty of dark-haired, dark-eyed Europeans, right? Take a trip to the Balkans and see. And that Europe is a continent composed of many countries, cultures, and ethnicities? It's not a monolithic group of "white" people with blond hair and blue eyes...even the Scandinavians don't all look alike.

Old 10-07-2012, 12:17 PM

1,618 posts, read 2,784,758 times
chascarrillo who is that blonde guy with Ivone Reyes? just curiosity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or