U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 05:12 PM

380 posts, read 547,143 times

Advertisements

I got asked out a lot in Europe I have jet black hair, olive skin and dark eyes. I am not as gorgeous as Helena Christensen but in my experience white european men love exotic women, it is highly desirable.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:15 AM

2,524 posts, read 5,060,373 times
Who cares?

Old 10-19-2012, 06:44 AM

25,059 posts, read 23,165,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
Who cares?
It's city-data. This is the dumping ground for questions that would be too stupid and foolish to ask people in real life.

Old 10-19-2012, 08:18 AM

548 posts, read 1,169,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Yeah I would say black hair is more of a Greek or southern Mediterranean thing. It's not exotic at all, especially since the closer you get to Turkey and Africa, the darker people become. Plus there's a lot of Muslim immigrants in northern Europe as well, so some people might associate black hair and brown eyes with the Muslims
I agree.

I believe this myself too that it is a Greek and Southern Mediterranean (Iberia, Malta, Sicily, Cyprus, Turkey, Lebanon, Syria, Israel, Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Algeria and Morocco) trend.

I do not see it as exotic either especially for those areas just mentioned.

Black hair is indeed found more as you get closer to Turkey and North Africa and yes people get more darker.

People do associate black hair and brown eyes with Muslims but it is not just them but also certain Southern Europeans (such as Southwest French, Iberians, Maltese, Sicilians, Greeks, Cypriots etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeelee12 View Post
Last time I checked Greece and Spain were in Europe. Most people there have black hair and brown eyes.
Agreed and fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
Who cares?
Indeed.

It is not nothing to get too concerned about though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
It's city-data. This is the dumping ground for questions that would be too stupid and foolish to ask people in real life.
Yes this is the type of place for some people who will end up asking these questions probably due to their lives and especially if they are from abroad.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:20 PM

4,690 posts, read 8,599,586 times
In Europe, black hair with brown eyes combination ususally indicates/is seen as of southern European ancestry. However it appears all over Europe but is never the majority. The lowest percentage of it is in southern Scandinavia. Celtic people have high ratios of dark brown shades almost black, even in Ireland, black hair is in a small minority. Black hair is commonest in Portugal, southern Spain, southern Italy, Albania,Greece, Bulgaria, Turkey.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:04 PM

15,035 posts, read 13,625,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizarro View Post
I own a hotel and I see a lot of people, black hair is common all around Europe. Irish, English, Germans, Russians, everybody. Germans, I receive buses from Germany from certain areas and they all have black hair, so goes for the English. The real difference is suntan, sun.

What differentiates people more is size, northern people are big, pale, wear creamy colours and are heavier and more cumbersome. French and Italians, I can't tell them apart except by their clothing.

Russians come in all shapes and you never know. Americans can be told apart because of their shrilling accents, you can hear them by miles.

Nope, sorry - black hair are not a common trait in Russians. Different shades of brown - yes, but black hair are very rare; for the most part when Russians have black hair it indicates that they are already mixed with other ethnicities.

Old 02-17-2013, 04:09 AM

2,900 posts, read 4,075,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordPressed View Post
Since I did a thread about how much Latin Americans love Blonde people with blue eyes, I want to know about how Europeans view people with black hair and brown eyes, do they find them exotic or what?
Black hair and brown eyes is not exotic at all. Here, someone with 'nordic look' would be more exotic

Old 02-17-2013, 05:35 AM

1,618 posts, read 2,784,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by french user View Post
Black hair and brown eyes is not exotic at all. Here, someone with 'nordic look' would be more exotic
Really? I think here it is the opposite, but always depending of the person of course.

----------------------

About black hair and brown eyes are common in South Europe, France included, as people said, I have seen too many as well in Austria, Ireland, Hungary...

Old 02-17-2013, 06:49 AM

20,695 posts, read 19,509,111 times
Brown eyes are seen as boring were I live.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:16 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,987 posts, read 41,947,535 times
Red (or ginger) hair is exotic-looking here, but I'm in the wrong continent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or