Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2015, 04:16 PM

4,690 posts, read 13,332,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus10 View Post
Sonia Braga, she's the most famous actress and she's not white.
Yes Sonia is in her ancestry 50% European (White, mainly of Portuguese descent), 25% African (from Black Brazilians), 25% Native American/Amerindian (from the indigenous people of Brazil). She's such a good actress!

Old 06-21-2015, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfk35 View Post
Yep, a lot of famous people dye their hair in blond or in true black (which is naturally rare for pale-skinned people)...

Brown hair is the most common hair colour among american folks, but maybe the least among american stars
Oh well, don't jump to conclusions too fast! It also depends where you're at in American. In regions or areas where there is a high percentage of people with Northern European ancestry, blonde and to lesser extent red hair is very common. Where I am from, that is the case, blonde hair, blue eyes is common among those of European ancestry, nothing special about it. So it really depends. America is a very large country and diverse. Brown hair is also the most common color in Europe, too. I have been and lived there, so your point is?

Old 06-22-2015, 02:43 AM

62 posts, read 87,332 times
My point is blond are overrepresented because 1) many people dye their hairs, 2) this colour is more remarkable so you may think blond are many more than they really are, 3) society values blond hairs (at least in the US and in northern Europe) and some people tell they're blond even if they are more light brown haired.

Natural brown hairs among the grown-ups are the most common in the US and in Europe for sure.

Old 06-22-2015, 06:14 PM

Quote:
My point is blond are overrepresented because 1) many people dye their hairs, 2) this colour is more remarkable so you may think blond are many more than they really are, 3) society values blond hairs (at least in the US and in northern Europe) and some people tell they're blond even if they are more light brown haired.

Natural brown hairs among the grown-ups are the most common in the US and in Europe for sure.
Not always, you know. There are plenty of people who were blonde as children, but darkened during adulthood, so they have the blonde gene. So you can't say that, but I believe that brown is much more common.

Some of the actresses who are actually blonde, but dye their hair red, brown or black, etc... You most likely didn't know this! You'll be surprised!

Katy Perry
Leighton Meester
Dita Von Teese
Christina Hendricks (is not a true ginger, but her hair was more close to strawberry blonde!)
Sofia Vergara
Angelina Jolie (is a fake brunette, true color is actually dark golden blonde)
Emma Stone (fake ginger)
Kristen Stewart
Scarlett Johansson
Amy Adams (she's beautiful as a ginger, but her true color is more of a dark blonde)
Rachel Nichols
Olivia Wilde
So I agree that blonde hair is usually not common in non-European populations, but in those of Northern, Central European populations it is common, in Southern Europe it is less common.
For example, these blonde children from the northern Netherlands, will as they reach adulthood darken in hair color to a more brown color. However you cannot say that blonde hair is rare, since they were blonde to begin with, they all carry the blonde gene.

Old 06-23-2015, 01:12 AM

62 posts, read 87,332 times
Yess...but I talked aboud people who stayed blond for a lifetime, not about children. When I was 6 y/o I was blond, so was more than 50% of my classmates but now fery few of them have blond hair ! The difference is huge between children and grown-ups

Old 06-23-2015, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Yess...but I talked aboud people who stayed blond for a lifetime, not about children. When I was 6 y/o I was blond, so was more than 50% of my classmates but now fery few of them have blond hair ! The difference is huge between children and grown-ups
Those actresses are naturally blonde as adults, but they have dyed their hair so many times. Usually as we grow older, hair darkens which is a natural phenomena, especially in males. As adults, quite a few light brown tones are included in the blonde category.

Now if you go, by what is known as "strictly blonde" hair (towhead) as in the case of this German soccer player;

Then, I would completely agree that blonde hair is rare.
However there are varieties of blonde hair, going from very light blonde to reddish or dark blonde and so fort

Old 06-23-2015, 11:23 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,269,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordPressed View Post
Since I did a thread about how much Latin Americans love Blonde people with blue eyes, I want to know about how Europeans view people with black hair and brown eyes, do they find them exotic or what?
Black hair (dark brown) and brown eyes is a dime a dozen in Europe and not considered exotic at all!

Old 06-24-2015, 12:23 AM

209 posts, read 301,768 times
Is not exotic blonde people with blue or green eyes and i am Brazilian (Latin America) now i prefer brunettes, but the first logic: beautiful face and body with great personality.... and in this topic have many troll and clons i think all of Irene... yeah i think.

Respect of Sonia Braga DNA you would have to pull the DNA test i think she has more than 50 % of white contribution...

Old 06-24-2015, 01:58 AM

18,442 posts, read 18,580,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
Katy Perry dyes her hair. She is a natural blonde. Just saying.
was about to say that and dont see her as beautiful at all , Liz on the other hand was stunning... Katie looks like a startled deer.

Old 06-24-2015, 04:05 AM

7 posts, read 9,620 times
The Revlon Troll....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe