Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2014, 11:41 AM

662 posts, read 1,007,892 times

Advertisements

It's quite normal, people stick with their owns.

and i tok was treated bad when i went to austria for a school trip.. in the train one of the staff keeped screaming at us and looking badly at us because we were italians.
but i didn't care is that my country? no. And people have the right to keep with their own if they want.
and this is austria.. borders with italy. 600 kms from where i live.
europe is not usa or australia.

Old 12-10-2014, 11:44 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,478,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miserere View Post
Pakis are not Middle Easteners, entirely different. They don't look like Latin mestizos at all.
If the only brown skinned people you're used to seeing are South Asian, I can understand there might be some mix up, though it still seems rather stupid.

Old 12-10-2014, 11:44 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,478,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julia90 View Post
and i tok was treated bad when i went to austria for a school trip.. in the train one of the staff keeped screaming at us and looking badly at us because we were italians.
but i didn't care is that my country? no. And people have the right to keep with their own if they want.
They don't have a right to scream or be rude to others because you look different.

Old 12-10-2014, 11:46 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,804,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miserere View Post
That's quite false taking into account that Scandinavian Natives not only have black hair but somewhat slanted eyes and high cheekbones. I have Swedish family and they have high cheekbones, somewhat slanted eyes and brown hair.
Why would they have more slanted eyes than anyone else in Europe?

Old 12-10-2014, 11:49 AM

Then people complain because they are not integrate and all that fuzz of we should integrate all people as first as they land here with the first boat.
at words is this.. the reality is totally differen't.

chineses in italy form their chinatowns and are with themselves, also north africans, romenians, albanians in my contry stays withnthemselves.
we don't care of integration, no one requested all those people. Even if they come from the other side of the adriatic.
so it's normal.. integration is slow.. but auspicable.. as i think omogeneous societies are better than the multicultural, multiethnicthing all the world is imposing us.

brazil is better in sosciety than usa... or well at least in the place people are mixed up and amalgamates.
i don't want ethnic ghettos in my country.

you know that in countries neighbpuring like india and pakistan. That were tried to be a single monocultural nation people still fan t see eachothers?
You know that serbs still can't see albanians?..ans the balkanian ethnic religious wars in the first 1990s?
You know the ethnic-religious wars in africa between muslim and christians?... multiculture, multireligion isn't a paradise..

Old 12-10-2014, 11:53 AM

And my grand parents always said "mogli e buoi dei paesi tuoi" traduced= "wives and oxen of your land".. there is a huge fund of truth if they sayied that.

Old 12-10-2014, 11:56 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,344,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
They don't have a right to scream or be rude to others because you look different.
Ever experienced a whole school class in a train? I doubt that they screamed at them because they were Italians. It's more likely that they were rather noisy and other people in the train complained.

Same thing happened every single time we took the train somewhere. And certainly not because 90% of our class had brown hair.

Also, Austrian train attendants are amongst the rudest people I've ever seen in my life. Boycotting the Austrian state railway ever since a private company started to operate between Vienna and Salzburg...

Old 12-10-2014, 12:08 PM

1,470 posts, read 2,078,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Why would they have more slanted eyes than anyone else in Europe?

I don't know...
I always had the theory that it was probably the snow, maybe there's a minority.
Also high cheekbones.
Maybe my uncle married a Yeti, or she was partly Lapo...I don't know. Children came out black haired when my uncle was dirty blonde. Quite curious. Very gentle woman, but too much alcohol in Spain..

A neighbour "knocked out" a Swedish teenager back in the 50's and her family came, so there was a shotgun wedding....but then...she also had slanted eyes and high cheekbones but she was blonde.
So I have a rather reduced sample since I have never been to Sweden, but I have seen many girls like that.

Maybe "slanted" is not the word, but "snow eyes"...who knows!!

Old 12-10-2014, 12:09 PM

I have the feeling they screamed at us because we were foreigners. theyndin't come polite saying please keep silent, theynstarted immediatly to shout, and that person of the staff had eyes full of range-desrespect.

I got offended? Yes, because i m a costumer.. that pays. Did i care in the end? No. since i don t have to relate with austrains in my life.

thetre are others eppisodes as in paris.. at the hotel.. a french acused us we robbed in the rooms (i was with a trip with my parents there).. accused our group of trip composed all by iralians. At the end it was the local staff of the hotel that robbed in the rooms, the people adficted to cleaning rooms.

then there is another famous eppisode in netherlands.. when a waiter of a restaurant kkeeped looking deliberatly bad at me and my family, withput amotive.

then the eppisode at madrid, where the waiter of a bar in the retiro park.. sayed at us aftervserving us : italianos ******es (italian sheeps)

Old 12-10-2014, 12:15 PM

1,470 posts, read 2,078,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
If the only brown skinned people you're used to seeing are South Asian, I can understand there might be some mix up, though it still seems rather stupid.

We have Pakis, Middle Easteners, Ecuatorians, Colombians, North Africans, Filipinos, Chinese, Subsaharan blacks, etc.

Nobody confuses them.

I can't tell apart Indians from Pakis, just the other day I saw a Sikh and I thought he was Indian, but he was Paki.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.