U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 12:03 PM

2,032 posts, read 2,406,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by russiaonline View Post
Didn't you notice that I mostly rebuff anti-Russian propaganda? My nick sure provides a hint.

I haven't been to almost 100% of Russian schools either. The same surely applies to you.

Do you even read what I say? Your experience is OUTDATED. Just watch the videos I posted in this very thread (the first two):

http://www.city-data.com/forum/26508344-post11.html

See anything familiar?

Plus you... metrics.. bla-bla-bla...

I'm sure that's what you've said, but I'm a bit lazy right now to dig it up. No big deal.

What exactly?

I wasn't interested in the very idea - and you noticed it. Too bad you started the thread not with "all Russian schools", as you planned, but with "all public". Not that it helped you.
You don't find the absurdity of turning our dissenting opinions into an "anti-Russian" crusade? I'm not anti-Russian at all.

Well, I last was in a Russian school in March, 2012. If it has changed that significantly in that amount of time I would be pleasantly surprised!

If you want to compare private Russian/American schools, be my guest. It's a free forum (mostly)! Best of luck with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 12:52 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,698,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
You don't find the absurdity of turning our dissenting opinions into an "anti-Russian" crusade? I'm not anti-Russian at all.
You - maybe. But your words are.

I understand that it's just an example of a gross misunderstanding of a different culture. But now that I explained, why our schools don't have ECs, you should calm a bit.

Old 10-16-2012, 01:23 PM

77,945 posts, read 69,907,126 times
Quote:
You - maybe. But your words are.
Pointing out where Russia needs improvement and discussing areas of improvement is not anti-Russian. To the contrary, discussing what can be improved comes from wanting to see Russia do better. The problem is that you interpret everything as anti-Russian, then you set up an absurd polemic, which requires people to explain where you're wrong. So it derails the entire conversation (speaking about these Russia-related threads in general). Lighten up, ROL! No one here is out to shame Russia. To the contrary, we want to enjoy an intelligent conversation about Russia's plusses and minuses, and what can be done to improve the things that need improving. There are no anti-Russ propagandists here, except one. The rest of us love Russia, or at least are fascinated by Russia, and just want to half a calm, interesting discussion. Please don't read criticism into the posts when it doesn't exist, or at least, it isn't intended as idle criticism. The fewer photos you put up, the less time jeff and others will have to spend pointing out the errors or deliberate omissions in your posts, and the sooner we can have a nice, normal, calm conversation about each topic. No polemics, no Cold War show-boating, just a nice normal discussion. It is too much to hope for?

Old 10-16-2012, 01:32 PM

2,032 posts, read 2,406,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Pointing out where Russia needs improvement and discussing areas of improvement is not anti-Russian. To the contrary, discussing what can be improved comes from wanting to see Russia do better. The problem is that you interpret everything as anti-Russian, then you set up an absurd polemic, which requires people to explain where you're wrong. So it derails the entire conversation (speaking about these Russia-related threads in general). Lighten up, ROL! No one here is out to shame Russia. To the contrary, we want to enjoy an intelligent conversation about Russia's plusses and minuses, and what can be done to improve the things that need improving. There are no anti-Russ propagandists here, except one. The rest of us love Russia, or at least are fascinated by Russia, and just want to half a calm, interesting discussion. Please don't read criticism into the posts when it doesn't exist, or at least, it isn't intended as idle criticism. The fewer photos you put up, the less time jeff and others will have to spend pointing out the errors or deliberate omissions in your posts, and the sooner we can have a nice, normal, calm conversation about each topic. No polemics, no Cold War show-boating, just a nice normal discussion. It is too much to hope for?
This is a great post, and it is an accurate one.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Pointing out where Russia needs improvement and discussing areas of improvement is not anti-Russian.
"Everything Russian sucks" is not a discussion of what needs to be done.

Schools suck totally - yet they are not. Roads in the city are unpassable - something Vladivostokians themselves are unaware of. Salaries are stuck at the level they were years ago - yet they doubled or tripled.

Quote:
The fewer photos you put up, the less time jeff and others will have to spend pointing out the errors or deliberate omissions in your posts
Show me errors and omissions in my portrayal of Russian schools. Jeff can't.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:50 PM

No one here has ever said "everything Russian sucks". How telling that you would see it that way, though. You should re-read my thread about Russian manufacturing. It was the complete opposite of what you say. I was saying "Russia produces some great, internationally-marketable products! What are the obstacles that prevent Russia from doing more international marketing, and what can be done to eliminate them?"

It sounds like you have a one-track mind. Even when people post something good about Russia, you somehow twist it, and bury it in photographs.

Don't worry; Jeff is going to go on a photo expedition, a type of safari, of schools and clinics in Vladivostok, just for you! He's also going to show us photos of the remains of the old Chinatown.

We're looking forward to it.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:14 AM

Quote:
No one here has ever said "everything Russian sucks".
That's linguistic exaggeration.

Quote:
You should re-read my thread about Russian manufacturing.
What are the obstacles that prevent Russia from doing more international marketing, and what can be done to eliminate them?"
You're like a little girl. No, really - your posts on that thread are increadibly naive.

Quote:
It sounds like you have a one-track mind. Even when people post something good about Russia, you somehow twist it, and bury it in photographs.
That's simply not true.

Quote:
Don't worry; Jeff is going to go on a photo expedition, a type of safari, of schools and clinics in Vladivostok, just for you!
Cherry-picking IRL is easier than online?

Quote:
He's also going to show us photos of the remains of the old Chinatown.
There are tons of photos of Millionka.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:20 AM

Quote:
You're like a little girl. No, really - your posts on that thread are increadibly naive.
So, you'd prefer that I post that Russia is a trash-heap, and has nothing to offer the world? Make up your mind. The problem is, you're reading far more into people's posts than is there. You're missing the whole spirit of many of these discussions. The problem is, they never have a chance to realize their potential, because the two propagandists on the forum hijack the conversation.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:32 AM

Quote:
So, you'd prefer that I post that Russia is a trash-heap, and has nothing to offer the world?
I like that you like some Russian products, but when you speak about business... you really sound childish.

Open another thread, and I'll explain it.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:15 AM

Quote:
I like that you like some Russian products, but when you speak about business... you really sound childish.

Open another thread, and I'll explain it.
I've already tried to explain economic development to you. There's no point. And you're missing the point of my post, anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or