U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 06:20 AM

2,924 posts, read 2,346,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You don't have to own a share of them. I wouldn't, no matter how well they're doing. But...that's just me.
You don't but that's not the point. The point is that these "evil corporations" are public meaning they are being owned by people like you and me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 07:50 AM

2,032 posts, read 2,401,321 times
How interesting the tangent this thread has gone on :-D
I don't really care, I just find the "evolution" of threads to be intriguing.
(Minneapolis has a lot of nice schools!)

Old 10-19-2012, 09:11 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,695,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
How interesting the tangent this thread has gone on :-D
I don't really care, I just find the "evolution" of threads to be intriguing.
Read general Russian forums - that's where "evolution" is really taking place...

Quote:
(Minneapolis has a lot of nice schools!)
And Russia too!

Old 10-19-2012, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russiaonline View Post
Read general Russian forums - that's where "evolution" is really taking place...

And Russia too!
Which forums do you read? I enjoy reading the comments after stories on vl.ru and other news sites. I don't know which Russian forums are lively, though.

True, some are

Old 10-19-2012, 10:44 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,695,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
Which forums do you read?
Read - many, post at - doesn't matter.

Quote:
I enjoy reading the comments after stories on vl.ru and other news sites.
Enjoing dirty underwear? Really, these comments are total trash.

Quote:
I don't know which Russian forums are lively, though.
Яндекс will help you

This local (by Farpost), turned national, forum is quite active (centered around cars, but there're general discussions too):

Фо€ƒм‹ об ав‚омобиля… в *оссии

Old 10-19-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russiaonline View Post
Read - many, post at - doesn't matter.

Enjoing dirty underwear? Really, these comments are total trash.

Яндекс will help you

This local (by Farpost), turned national, forum is quite active (centered around cars, but there're general discussions too):

Форумы об автомобилях в *оссии
Ah, I thought the drom one was only cars. I'll give it a look.

Old 10-20-2012, 09:07 AM

3,101 posts, read 4,526,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
..and that's how American corporations turned the world into their stooges)))

Drink Coca-Cola - it's good for your health, not to mention the wallet)))
Interestingly, first patented as a treatment for nervous disorders, "Coca-Cola" has removed from stores and pharmacies gained worldwide popularity. But in the real world of coca cola, you become irritable or lethargic.

Old 10-20-2012, 09:26 AM

Let's start with some (if not late) because I know that so-called public schools can be very different in America (such as paid) in America's schools also have problems that you can follow any responses on the Internet. Public understanding of themselves and so on need to adjust an think.

Old 10-20-2012, 09:39 AM

Let's about the very structure of the education system. I believe that the Soviet system in many ways better than the west, but there are pros and cons. In Russia there is the Ministry of Education, which oversees funding of schools (and so on), the compliance of the training course, and more. I have a question - I know (but I could be wrong) that American schools do not have a single training course, it is for each State of the - Is that true? In Russia, well established program and it runs in any region of Russia the same way (at least) I know that Jeff is a long time teacher and education-related, but I see some issues, there is a lack of understanding, which is due to the native mentality, that is, one the same things we see differently, and many lived for many years in Russia, do not understand the right of the part.(This is not specifically about you Jeff, this is in general)

Old 10-22-2012, 11:30 AM

8,554 posts, read 8,472,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
LOLOL!! All the threads are bleeding together. LOL! No, we took a brief detour back to an earlier thread, that was about products Russia could export if it had its act together. At least, it was supposed to have been brief....

Anyway, it looks like the schools discussion has moved to another thread, I'm not sure. Ask jeffpv, it's his topic.

Besides small arms and ammunition?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or