U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 02:25 PM

2,189 posts, read 4,706,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayton Sux View Post
...this is not uncommon from Americans. WWII & The Nazis are a popular topic here. Becuase they were so EEeeevil.....

But what he said dosen't have anything to do with being interested in WW2.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2012, 11:39 AM

541 posts, read 1,239,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronOB View Post
Forget East Germany, mate, it is a no-go area for people of color. Move to the West Germany, at best to the countries like Hessen, Hamburg or NRW.

Then Berlin is a no-go area for white, atheist and christian people.

Old 11-02-2012, 02:02 PM

La difficile intégration des Français de Berlin | La-Croix.com

Old 11-02-2012, 02:17 PM

4,557 posts, read 5,107,821 times
Sad to read that it didn't turn out to be such an awesome experience for some people. But what did they expect? They all got a degree/education in a not highly sought after field of science, couldn't speak German and expected high minimum wages in a "Bundesland" with high unemployment.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
Sad to read that it didn't turn out to be such an awesome experience for some people. But what did they expect? They all got a degree/education in a not highly sought after field of science, couldn't speak German and expected high minimum wages in a "Bundesland" with high unemployment.
Lol. Not really. When I stayed at the Hostel there, I met Spaniards, Italians, South Americans etc. looking for work, who just moved there, or who moved there a while ago for work.
It's just the French.

Old 11-03-2012, 01:57 PM

745 posts, read 909,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipod99 View Post

But I heard East Germany including Berlin was real racist. Is it so bad that I shouldn't go there?

No. In fact, just the opposite. You'll be fighting German chicks off with a stick.

Old 11-10-2012, 03:37 PM

437 posts, read 519,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glucorious View Post
But what he said dosen't have anything to do with being interested in WW2.

It has everything to do with being interested in WW2. Please re-read my post before making unintelligent remarks and assumptions. I did say that I have an interest in WW2 and the War memorial sites in Europe. In case you've never heard of 'context', my comment was responding to the suggestion that another poster's impression of Germany was due to watching too many Hitler speeches.

My head doesn't need 'fixing'. Its you who need to stop being a know-it-all and a jerk with your condescending comments.

Old 11-10-2012, 04:22 PM

119,988 posts, read 14,253,994 times
Looks like some of you got an issue here...There is NO MORE EAST GERMANY...just Germany.Myself ,I like the west and south better in Germany, people are friendlier. Berlin is a great city, a sailor city. You unfortunately still will find some racism there,some parts of Germany more than other parts. But look we encounter it still all over the world.I know Germany does not welcome immigrants, does not like the way the immigrants abuse the Health system,or housing in the beginning. Germans pay mostly everything in cash, unlike our counter parts. No wonder they have no financial problems like so many other countries.The Chancellor Merkel is doing a great job leading the country!

Old 11-11-2012, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD_fla View Post
It has everything to do with being interested in WW2. Please re-read my post before making unintelligent remarks and assumptions. I did say that I have an interest in WW2 and the War memorial sites in Europe. In case you've never heard of 'context', my comment was responding to the suggestion that another poster's impression of Germany was due to watching too many Hitler speeches.

My head doesn't need 'fixing'. Its you who need to stop being a know-it-all and a jerk with your condescending comments.
When you make delusional comments, then you get a reality check. Don't like it? Then don't hallucinate.
You've never even been there. lol.

You might as well say you saw Hitler on the street yesterday and he came after you with a cotton candy gun.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:12 AM

437 posts, read 519,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glucorious View Post
When you make delusional comments, then you get a reality check. Don't like it? Then don't hallucinate.
You've never even been there. lol.

You might as well say you saw Hitler on the street yesterday and he came after you with a cotton candy gun.

Obviously, you're a fool. This conversion is over. Have a nice day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe