U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 09:17 PM

887 posts, read 1,376,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by russiaonline View Post
Who believe that there-somewhere the average person has a big nice house, a nice car, and a few thousand bucks per month as spare cash.
I almost forgot one thing, if your russian friends want to know how much us accross the border are making in taxable income and capital gains, and how much we paid in taxes, the records are public and one text message away. It might not give an accurate picture of a persons actual disposable net income, doesn't tell a persons net worth, and of course it doesn't measure any "gray income", but in most cases it's quite accurate if you measure strictly the taxable salary income.

So if a person here claims to be paid obscene amounts of money from his job, you always have the possibility to verify that with hard numbers. If he claims to have made a salary of 500,000e last year for doing absolutely nothing, and his tax records show a taxable income of 2500e for 2011, he is either lying or involved in some fishy business. If you made 2500e a year and you're not known to be engaged in any other business but salaried employment (there are many public records for one to verify this as well), chances are that's what you made. Boast about yourself making gray incomes and the tax authorities will be dragging you to dark and scary places in no time.

You should seriously consider emerging up from below that poverty line you've obviously spent years under and discover this system yourself. No more rumors, everything is on paper and it can be further verified. A civilized and orderly society at it's finest, who wouldn't be attracted to move into one?

Don't like the amount of taxes, or a public records system? No problem, you can change it without breaking a single law. You can become politically active, and convince your like-minded friends to be on your wagon. Having a small political party for the sake of leveraging major parties to lean more to your way politically is not unheard of at all, happens all the time. You'll need quite a few friends for that though. Or, just simply vote for the candidate of your choice so hard, that the democratic process won't be able to walk right for like, a week! In all cases, if a change doesn't happen, chances are the majority of people don't exactly share your vision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2012, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_Smails View Post
RoL, do you study economics full time or is this more of a "google-search-at-2am" sort of thing for you?
I'd like to further ask how many of those god awful countries has RoL experienced by himself, even if just as a few days of tourist stuff. Not that it matters, after all, all those years Jeff or Ruth or others spent exploring and/or living and working in Russia were wasted. They couldn't understand what he saw, was it that "seeing things with your own eyes is not relevant"?

Old 11-01-2012, 09:56 PM

78,526 posts, read 70,455,727 times
Quote:
RoL, do you study economics full time or is this more of a "google-search-at-2am" sort of thing for you?
You forget that his economics study was in Russia. They use different measures, different *ahem* "traditions" of err..."bookkeeping" and analysis, and so forth. Since the World Bank lies, why use the Western system? See, it all makes sense from a certain perspective.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You forget that his economics study was in Russia. They use different measures, different *ahem* "traditions" of err..."bookkeeping" and analysis, and so forth. Since the World Bank lies, why use the Western system? See, it all makes sense from a certain perspective.
Was the word "metrics" the one you were looking for? I'd like to do some studies on economics from a russian standpoint, and start with the rather unique metrics they supposedly study. I'd like to begin my studies online, any good pointers?

Old 11-01-2012, 10:19 PM

78,526 posts, read 70,455,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic_Vega View Post
Was the word "metrics" the one you were looking for? I'd like to do some studies on economics from a russian standpoint, and start with the rather unique metrics they supposedly study. I'd like to begin my studies online, any good pointers?
haha, Yes, "metrics" was the word I was looking for. Maybe jeff could tell you where to look online. But I was also referring to the system of keeping parallel books, one set for the tax inspector, and the other set for the company boss.

Old 11-01-2012, 11:35 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,703,606 times
Enjoy exchanging your very smart sarcastic tidbits of wisdom.

Old 11-01-2012, 11:53 PM

317 posts, read 330,487 times
Quote:
Enjoy exchanging your very smart sarcastic tidbits of wisdom.
Given some of the fantastically off the mark statments you've made recenty, you could barely be forgiven by admitting you're not an economist. But to claim to be a student of economics, my question is far from sarcastic.

Are you really a full time student of economics, and if so, at what institution? I would be curious to know what kind of faculty can create such lateral thinkers as you, RoL.

Old 11-02-2012, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Given some of the fantastically off the mark statments you've made recenty
Comment the numbers, not my humble person.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:21 AM

317 posts, read 330,487 times
Quote:
Comment the numbers, not my humble person.
But the credibility of the witness is as important as the testimony. And I'm sure noone will disagree that worldview can colour a witnesses interpretation if events.

I don't see why this is a problematic question since it was yourself who testified to be an economics student. So do enlighten us with your credentials.

Old 11-02-2012, 04:42 AM

Quote:
But the credibility of the witness is as important as the testimony.
Show the numbers, gebbels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or