Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 03:25 PM

1,725 posts, read 2,066,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
I didn't say the lot price was $65K, I said the bribe he's been asked to pay is. Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
[Mod cut: rude]

I know what you've said, and I expected you to understand that I follow the discussion! And to think at least a bit broad...

The land in Vladivostok's downtown is so expensive, that +$65k makes no difference at all.

Last edited by elnina; 11-03-2012 at 02:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2012, 03:56 PM

2,042 posts, read 2,903,339 times
The mood of Russia: Time to shove off | The Economist

This is not only an interesting article, but relevant to this thread.

Old 11-02-2012, 04:02 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by russiaonline View Post
Damn, why you yankees are so stupid...

I know what you've said, and I expected you to understand that I follow the discussion! And to think at least a bit broad...

The land in Vladivostok's downtown is so expensive, that +$65k makes no difference at all.
Then why did you post that the buyer was trying to get it for cheap?

Old 11-02-2012, 04:05 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Idiotic lady, $65k is NOTHING for any lot in Vladivostok's downtown. Critic something you've got at least some idea about...
That's not what he paid for the land! And you say you're following the discussion, you understand? Who is the idiot here? Thin ice, friend, very thin ice.

Old 11-03-2012, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
The mood of Russia: Time to shove off | The Economist

This is not only an interesting article, but relevant to this thread.
I stopped reading after that:

Quote:
Instead, a new popular blog has sprung up on a Russian social network. It is called “Pora valitâ€, which means roughly “Time to shove offâ€. Its few thousand users exchange stories about how best to leave Russia. The blog's title sums up perfectly the mood among Russia's urban and educated class.
There is ONE person, whining "lets leave together, because it's so much easier".

"Read less Soviet newspapers"...

Old 11-03-2012, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Then why did you post that the buyer was trying to get it for cheap?
The most probable scenario: he bought a right to rent, and tried to convert it to ownership for a nominal cost. In Vladivostok that was almost impossible. In some town - easily.

A small and ugly lot in that area may easily cost a million bucks. No wonder the city wasn't happy to sell such land for a few thousands.

Today he can easily buy that lot, but only at a public auction, starting at a less than nominal price...

Old 11-03-2012, 12:54 AM

26,778 posts, read 22,526,584 times
Quote:
I stopped reading after that:

There is ONE person, whining "lets leave together, because it's so much easier".

"Read less Soviet newspapers"...
I guess it's this one...

ßþрð òðûøть? | ÃÂðôþ ûø ÿþúøôðть Ã*þÑÂÑÂøю ø ÿþчõüу?

This site will help you to make up your mind.
Relocation is a serious decision and there are always plenty of arguments for and against it.
While there are plenty of arguments against the relocation - such as hope, patriotism, a possibility to make money, the argument for relocation is the one and only - Russia is hopelessly destroyed, and she doesn't have a future. Even if now the authorities will come to their senses ( what would be a reason for that and why, really?) within the next 10-15 years, Russia will be feverishly shaking and you will be too. Only your children will see the"bright future," ( if it'll ever come, because Russians were fed with this hope already for the last 90 years.)
You'll argue that everything is not all that bad in Russia, but you are wrong because everything is much, much worse than it seems. Police Justice system Medicine Science Authorities Pensions Business Education - all are in catastrophic situation. It's impossible to come to a shore, if the ship is going down the river.
A column on a right site lists the major observations of situation in Russia for the last two years..

Old 11-03-2012, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
This site will help you to make up your mind.
One whining person will change my opinion? He's got one interesting thing...

Polianskii Ian
pora-valit.com, office #3863869 c/o OwO BP80157
59053, Roubaix Cedex 1
FR

Quote:
While there are plenty of arguments against the relocation - such as hope, patriotism, a possibility to make money
The one and only argument is that life somewhere else will likely be worse. This doesn't apply to retirement.

Quote:
the argument for relocation is the one and only - Russia is hopelessly destroyed, and she doesn't have a future.
That's total BS, not an argument.

Quote:
Only your children will see the"bright future,"
Living debt free on $3000+ per month is awful in your account?

Quote:
Police Justice system
For every police abuse in Russia, there are 100 or 1000 abuses in US.

Quote:
Medicine
Not worse overall than in US.

Quote:
Pensions
???????. ??????? ?????

Average pension is 9166r ($555). By the end of 2013 it will reach 12,000r ($727).

There are also additional federal and regional payments. For example, in Moscow the minimal pension is 12,000r ($727). Plus there are subsidies.

Quote:
Business Education
Do you have any idea how bad it is in US? I do.

Try harder, liberast.

Old 11-03-2012, 03:03 AM

2,920 posts, read 2,796,505 times
Quote:
This is her characteristic, not a personal offense. I'm not guilty that she's an idiot.
No. This is your "characteristic" for using that kind of language towards a lady.

I guess you cant really put "culture" and "Russia" in the same sentence. I am not surprised Europe requires visas.

Last edited by rebel12; 11-03-2012 at 03:15 AM..

Old 11-03-2012, 01:07 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,526,584 times
Quote:
One whining person will change my opinion? He's got one interesting thing...

Polianskii Ian
pora-valit.com, office #3863869 c/o OwO BP80157
59053, Roubaix Cedex 1
FR

The one and only argument is that life somewhere else will likely be worse. This doesn't apply to retirement.

That's total BS, not an argument.
The arguments are under each and every tab - Medicine Science Authorities Pensions Business Education.
Let's pretend you didn't notice.

Quote:
Living debt free on $3000+ per month is awful in your account?
As I've already said - it's not "money situation" that a lot of Russians willing to immigrate are concerened about.

Quote:
For every police abuse in Russia, there are 100 or 1000 abuses in US.
Facts please))))

Quote:
Do you have any idea how bad it is in US? I do.
How is it you do and I don't?
Did you end up in Guantanamo or something?

Quote:
Try harder, liberast.
Why should I, nashist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe