U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2012, 02:39 AM

37,961 posts, read 55,708,171 times

Advertisements

I'm ashamed at the level of "discussion" taking part here. Most of you should be too.
This thread has gone completely off topic. If you keep focusing on making this discussion personal, keep discrediting the points made by others by addressing who they supposedly are and not what they said, and the thread will be closed and more infractions will be issued.
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2012, 03:33 AM

3,101 posts, read 4,555,034 times
If this applies to me, Sorry! On the subject, for the author, I think that Estonia is more appropriate, it is closer to his native Finland. Vladivostok I do not like the climate (though this is my home town), but plus very cheap cars, appliances, clothing and proximity to Asian countries. People usually fly in Asian(cheaper) to rest it there than in Russia itself (expensive) Vladivostok is much easier and cheaper than for example in Kamchatka. Vladivostok has good universities.

Old 11-05-2012, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is how most people I know live. Nothing has changed since the Soviet era--there is very little discretionary income. One friend is in academia, and she's able to save annually for a round-trip air ticket from Khabarovsk to her home republic of Buryatia, to visit relatives. That's her big treat for the year. Another friend was able to buy her own home (Kamchatka has a lot of cottages on one side of town), but I think this is probably because she regularly participated in research projects with Americans that were funded by grants, so she had an outside income source in addition to her Academy of Sciences salary. I have friends who have no health insurance, because they work for non-profit organizations. They're dependent on charity if they get seriously ill; if they're lucky, someone in authority will give them some cash to pay for an x-ray, or whatever they need.
Not sure about that, because since January 1, 1995 all Russian citizens have compulsory medical insurance policies under which medical treatment, surgery, hospitalization, nursing, dental care, medical equipment, transportation and rehabilitation are free of charge to ALL citizens. (State Health Plans)
http://www.swisslife.com/content/dam...brm/Russia.pdf page 9.

Article 41 of the Constitution of the Russian Federation confirms a citizen's right to state healthcare and medical assistance free of charge.
Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin announced a new large large-scale health care reform in 2011 and pledged to allocate more than 300 billion rubles ($10 billion) in the next few years to improve health care in the country. He also said that obligatory medical insurance tax paid by companies will increase from current 3.1% to 5.1% starting from 2011.
Constitution of the Russian Federation Article 41
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 11-05-2012, 04:26 AM

elnina,Yes it is, as before in the Soviet Union. (free medical ) In the United States still do not have a national public health care system. In Russia, it has since the days of the USSR.

Last edited by GreyKarast; 11-05-2012 at 05:48 AM..

Old 11-05-2012, 05:49 AM

elnina,Thank you!

Old 11-05-2012, 10:37 AM

78,546 posts, read 70,455,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Not sure about that, because since January 1, 1995 all Russian citizens have compulsory medical insurance policies under which medical treatment, surgery, hospitalization, nursing, dental care, medical equipment, transportation and rehabilitation are free of charge to ALL citizens. (State Health Plans)
http://www.swisslife.com/content/dam...brm/Russia.pdf page 9.

Article 41 of the Constitution of the Russian Federation confirms a citizen's right to state healthcare and medical assistance free of charge.
Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin announced a new large large-scale health care reform in 2011 and pledged to allocate more than 300 billion rubles ($10 billion) in the next few years to improve health care in the country. He also said that obligatory medical insurance tax paid by companies will increase from current 3.1% to 5.1% starting from 2011.
Constitution of the Russian Federation Article 41
I'll pass this info along to my friends. I was in disbelief myself when they told me they had no health insurance, and weren't entitled to any.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:01 PM

Ruth, that you did not know before, that since the days of the USSR medicine and education in all schools and universities free in Russia? Even in some urban public transport was free. People from Kamchatka to fly to Moscow or St. Petersburg to the movies or a restaurant during every weekend (it was very cheap) to Vladivostok at any time at all ...In Vladivostok, good doctors, we can not say also about Kamchatka.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:38 PM

15,031 posts, read 13,618,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I'll pass this info along to my friends. I was in disbelief myself when they told me they had no health insurance, and weren't entitled to any.
Don't rush to send them this information - this is an example why;
( The pics compare vet clinic in the US with "free healthcare" in one of the hospitals in Voronezh, and people discuss whether "health care" in Putin's Russia is really "free" as it claims to be.

œи€ов‹е и €оссийские новос‚и Сœ˜ - ‘олŒни‡ка для живо‚н‹… и болŒн膋 в *оссии

( here you can find more about situation with healthcare in Russia - doctor's salaries and what's not...)

œеди†ина | Ÿо€а вали‚Œ?

Old 11-05-2012, 03:39 PM

Pissing contest? we can dig out awful pictures that suit our comments, and we can post some happy ones.
We should try to be a bit objective here.
Not out of context here is a new Cancer Hospital for kids, yep... its Vladivostok too

Exhibition

Old 11-05-2012, 03:47 PM

2,032 posts, read 2,414,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Pissing contest? we can dig out awful pictures that suit our comments, and we can post some happy ones.
We should try to be a bit objective here.
Not out of context here is a new Cancer Hospital for kids, yep... its Vladivostok too

Exhibition
It is really great that they got a new cancer hospital.
One should not assume that this is indicative of the general state of public health facilities in Vladivostok, however. It is an exception. A good, positive exception, but an exception nonetheless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or