U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-12-2012, 08:13 AM
 
2,032 posts, read 2,414,135 times
Reputation: 1499

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by russiaonline View Post

Have anything constructive to say?
I just prefer to present reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-12-2012, 08:51 AM
 
1,730 posts, read 1,703,606 times
Reputation: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
That's fine, but don't use the "way of life" in Russia to compare with another country where people actually have to finance their first home.
And Russian housing is built by Martians...

Quote:
That is a massive difference, and it changes the economic realities drastically.
I understand your desperate attempt to ignore housing reality - because in US (and not only there) people generally begin buying mortgaged housing after 40. Which means that it becomes wholly owned when they freaking retire!

Reality puts Russia in a way better light.

Quote:
I just prefer to present reality.
Then why do you post your thoughts, not facts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2012, 08:55 AM
 
2,032 posts, read 2,414,135 times
Reputation: 1499
Quote:
Originally Posted by russiaonline View Post
And Russian housing is built by Martians...


I understand your desperate attempt to ignore housing reality - because in US (and not only there) people generally begin buying mortgaged housing after 40. Which means that it becomes wholly owned when they freaking retire!

Reality puts Russia in a way better light.


Then why do you post your thoughts, not facts?
What does that even mean? Most of the flats that families were given were built by the State.

Yes, people have to get a mortgage because they weren't given homes in the beginning. You can't feasibly compare the two. So, don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2012, 09:08 AM
 
1,730 posts, read 1,703,606 times
Reputation: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
What does that even mean? Most of the flats that families were given were built by the State.
They were financed by taxes, and built by people.

Quote:
Yes, people have to get a mortgage because they weren't given homes in the beginning. You can't feasibly compare the two. So, don't.
Russians own expensive housing - fact. Why should I compare economic conditions, ignoring it???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2012, 09:12 AM
 
2,032 posts, read 2,414,135 times
Reputation: 1499
Quote:
Originally Posted by russiaonline View Post
They were financed by taxes, and built by people.


Russians own expensive housing - fact. Why should I compare economic conditions, ignoring it???
This reminds me of one of the charges against Mitt Romney: "He was born on third base and thinks he hit a triple." :-D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2012, 09:19 AM
 
1,730 posts, read 1,703,606 times
Reputation: 295
Jeff, stop trolling. If you have facts to present - do it. Otherwise, go find some other playground.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2012, 09:26 AM
 
2,032 posts, read 2,414,135 times
Reputation: 1499
Quote:
Originally Posted by russiaonline View Post
Jeff, stop trolling. If you have facts to present - do it. Otherwise, go find some other playground.
How is that trolling?

Would you say that receiving free housing, which you can then sell, would be a distinct advantage over not being given free housing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2012, 09:35 AM
 
1,730 posts, read 1,703,606 times
Reputation: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
How is that trolling?
You ignore all facts thrown at you, and continue to put your position, backed by "your experience".

Quote:
Would you say that receiving free housing, which you can then sell, would be a distinct advantage over not being given free housing?
The fact is that Russians own expensive housing. It can't be discarded, simply because in US situation is much worse!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2012, 09:39 AM
 
2,032 posts, read 2,414,135 times
Reputation: 1499
Quote:
Originally Posted by russiaonline View Post
You ignore all facts thrown at you, and continue to put your position, backed by "your experience".


The fact is that Russians own expensive housing. It can't be discarded, simply because in US situation is much worse!
It is not "my experience" that Russians were given housing after the SU collapse. That is common knowledge.

What is worse? Are you implying that more Russians own "expensive housing" than Americans? If so, that's absurd. And, anyway, why do you always bring the USA into this? The thread is about Estonia and Russia. I never mentioned housing in the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2012, 10:22 AM
 
1,730 posts, read 1,703,606 times
Reputation: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
What is worse? Are you implying that more Russians own "expensive housing" than Americans? If so, that's absurd.
Homeownership rate without mortgage before some older age is quite different.

Quote:
And, anyway, why do you always bring the USA into this? The thread is about Estonia and Russia. I never mentioned housing in the US.
You try to disregard Russia's housing situation, because it's different from American.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top