U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you see the US presidential election?
Fairest in the world 2 3.64%
As fair as an election can be 9 16.36%
Fairly fair, but flawed 16 29.09%
Seriously flawed and unfair 18 32.73%
At the Third World levell of corruption 10 18.18%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 06:44 AM

263 posts, read 816,308 times

Advertisements

I'm amazed - after all of the things that Mitt Romney said, Americans still gave him 48%?

Wow. It's entirely too party based and close minded. There is no excuse for Romney having even 40% support. He was awful and a step backward in time for any politician.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 08:34 AM

2,942 posts, read 4,380,848 times
How long before Republicans will be calling the elections rigged? Which would be very ironic since they were the ones who were trying so hard to suppress likely Democratic voters.

Well done to the American public (well, 52% of them)!

Old 11-07-2012, 09:29 AM

78,191 posts, read 70,129,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
Obama had a stable and cautious international policy, and that is what counts for me as an European.
Obama has succeeded in getting Iran to the negotiation table regarding their nuclear development. Iran said they wanted to wait until the elections were over to see who they would be dealing with. But now that effort can proceed. This is an achievement. I don't expect the Republicans would have taken the diplomatic route to resolve the Iran question.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Obama has succeeded in getting Iran to the negotiation table regarding their nuclear development. Iran said they wanted to wait until the elections were over to see who they would be dealing with. But now that effort can proceed. This is an achievement. I don't expect the Republicans would have taken the diplomatic route to resolve the Iran question.
Not only that but Obama is incredibly popular abroad. According to an article I read on MSN yesterday, they did a poll in 36 countries around the world (~ 600,000 people) and 81% of the respondents preferred Obama over Romney. Only China had a narrow majority voting for Romney. Obama has definitely helped to improve the international reputation of the US which was a shambles after 8 years of Bush.

This image shows "how the world would vote" with the percentages for each country:

Old 11-07-2012, 12:45 PM

7,148 posts, read 7,945,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Not only that but Obama is incredibly popular abroad. According to an article I read on MSN yesterday, they did a poll in 36 countries around the world (~ 600,000 people) and 81% of the respondents preferred Obama over Romney. Only China had a narrow majority voting for Romney. Obama has definitely helped to improve the international reputation of the US which was a shambles after 8 years of Bush.

This image shows "how the world would vote" with the percentages for each country:

its easy to be popular abroad when your policys have a whole lot less effect , obama is charismatic and sophisticated , of course people like him on a personal level

Old 11-07-2012, 01:12 PM

23,689 posts, read 65,804,848 times
Stupid idea to legalize marijuana.

Old 11-07-2012, 01:23 PM

314 posts, read 966,589 times
Ok, between the bad and the worst, I prefer the bad, so I have to say that I'm happy and relieved because of Obama's victory.

But when the Nobel Peace Price is going to decide to close Guantanamo? And when is going stop threatening Iran?

Last edited by chascarrillo; 11-07-2012 at 01:32 PM..

Old 11-07-2012, 02:19 PM

17,150 posts, read 19,464,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
That's one of the things considered "liberal" in America. Isn't that the case in European countries too?

Old 11-07-2012, 02:45 PM

14,800 posts, read 17,673,105 times
I voted Gary Johnson and i dont think he even got 1 percent of the votes aren't i special!

Old 11-07-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
I've never heard a single reasonable argument to oppose legalizing marijuana. It's a lot less harmful than alcohol or tobacco and it actually serves a medical purpose for some people. I don't smoke, drink or use marijuana but I really don't understand why people are so irrational about this. I assume you would never support criminalizing cigarettes or beer even though any doctor will tell you they're more dangerous than pot (alcohol and tobacco are classified as 'hard drugs', marijuana is classified as 'soft drugs').

If it were up to me, no drugs would be illegal. It's better to control and regulate the distribution of drugs than to leave it to drug dealers on the street. That will probably never happen though.

Anyway, this isn't the proper thread to discuss these issues
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or