Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 03:47 AM

4,095 posts, read 5,545,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
You basically disqualified yourself with that statement.
Seriously, I've also been to Glasgow. It's definitely worthwhile, but I wouldn't be like "Oh, let's go to the lovely city of Glasgow this weekend!". It's a nice stop for a day during a holiday in Scotland. And while I really love Scotland, I probably enjoyed this city the least. There are better places to go. The football is great, though
Disqualified Oh no! Do you mean I don't win

If people in Finland are like this guy then I don't want to visit. It's never been on my bucket list anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2012, 06:58 AM

317 posts, read 412,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Haha the classic grammar comeback if all else fails! Well done you!

And that's videos called comedy, Scottish comedy, but comedy all the same. I found it hilarious!
Hey pal, my approximation of Weegie English is better then your approximation of Standard English. And it's not even my native tongue. You should be impressed.

Some things are so funny because they're so true.

Old 11-22-2012, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
You basically disqualified yourself with that statement.
Seriously, I've also been to Glasgow. It's definitely worthwhile, but I wouldn't be like "Oh, let's go to the lovely city of Glasgow this weekend!". It's a nice stop for a day during a holiday in Scotland. And while I really love Scotland, I probably enjoyed this city the least. There are better places to go. The football is great, though
Scotland is truly lovely, but anyone who says Glasgow is a place worth visiting is someone who overestimates the appeal of what little there is there to see. Ask anyone from beyond The Gorbals and I can honestly tell you there's nothing about Glasgow that makes it famous, aside from being the ideal location to film Trainspotting (Leith now has too many high end restaurants).

Old 11-22-2012, 07:42 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,845,037 times
Get a grip you vile person. Thank god you are no longer in Scotland.

Old 11-22-2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Get a grip you vile person. Thank god you are no longer in Scotland.
Oh don't take it so hard that someone doesn't see the charm in discarded needles and trees decorated with plastic bags. I'll most certainly be back in Scotland to spend my time in one of the many other fabulous places that aren't Glasgow.

Old 11-22-2012, 08:11 AM

Your a liar first of all. And you sound like a bitter nasty person, I am sure the good people of Glasgow won't lose sleep. Even with all the problems Glasgow has, predominantly confined to the housing estates, it still probably gets more visitors than every major city in Finland combined!

Old 11-22-2012, 08:20 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,343,360 times
Quote:
Your a liar first of all. And you sound like a bitter nasty person, I am sure the good people of Glasgow won't lose sleep. Even with all the problems Glasgow has, predominantly confined to the housing estates, it still probably gets more visitors than every major city in Finland combined!
You should definitely calm down... That wasn't a personal attack against you, the citizens of Glasgow or Scots in general. He just said, that Glasgow isn't his cup of tea. And I'm sure a lot of people would agree. He even said, that he is really fond of other places in your country...

And with that statement about Finland you are just making yourself look stupid...

Old 11-22-2012, 08:33 AM

He is going out of his way to simply lie though, thats vile imo.

"see the charm in discarded needles and trees decorated with plastic bags"

"those whose idea of "culture" goes somewhat beyond dodging the remnants of someone's once-eaten curry on the sidewalk"

"the strewn rubbish, the junkies and scum that walk the streets even in the centre"

Glasgow is a very clean, where did he go in Glasgow? The Gorbals?

Old 11-22-2012, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_Smails View Post
Oh don't take it so hard that someone doesn't see the charm in discarded needles and trees decorated with plastic bags. I'll most certainly be back in Scotland to spend my time in one of the many other fabulous places that aren't Glasgow.
No, please don't come back. Not to any part of Scotland. Calling you vile was spot on!

Old 11-22-2012, 09:30 AM

Quote:
He is going out of his way to simply lie though, thats vile imo.

"see the charm in discarded needles and trees decorated with plastic bags"

"those whose idea of "culture" goes somewhat beyond dodging the remnants of someone's once-eaten curry on the sidewalk"

"the strewn rubbish, the junkies and scum that walk the streets even in the centre"

Glasgow is a very clean, where did he go in Glasgow? The Gorbals?
I rarely see any litter in Glasgow city centre. Rarely see any neds either and have never seen anyone shooting up or puking on the sidewalk. Of course this vile Finnish person doesn't go to things like classical concerts, plays, ballet. He goes to the slums so he can complain about someone spilling his beer on him. Of course, that was probably while he was standing in a pub in the slums shouting about how disgusting Glasgow is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe