U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 09:43 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,700,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
You claimed university study was free.
It is free. The fact that they also provide paid services doesn't change anything.

Ruth is right - lets stick to finances, not who has the bigger anything.

Old 11-17-2012, 09:48 PM

2,032 posts, read 2,408,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by russiaonline View Post
That was in your thread, which you started before comprehending that in Russia ECs are provided outside schools.

At first you pointed at schools that were supposed to be in disrepair.
We were discussing school amenities, not community ones. Do you want to include entire communities? ECs outside of schools have nothing to do with school. Surely you can grasp that.

There are many schools in disrepair. I saw them. I guess I should have taken pictures. By the way, if anyone looks at the link I provided, they will see evidence of such schools.

Old 11-17-2012, 09:53 PM

78,143 posts, read 70,049,185 times
Quote:
There are many schools in disrepair. I saw them. I guess I should have taken pictures.
This is exactly what I avoid doing when in Russia, but I can see that taking photos of the ubiquitous disrepair would be necessary for these arguments. The problem is that sometimes when citizens see foreigners taking such photos, they stop them. It makes documentation difficult. Maybe ROL can issue me some kind of pass.

Old 11-17-2012, 09:55 PM

Quote:
We were discussing school amenities, not community ones. Do you want to include entire communities? ECs outside of schools have nothing to do with school. Surely you can grasp that.
Why can't you grasp that in Russia schools are not meant to provide ECs? They don't have to, because we don't have huge distances between homes and infrastructure.

Quote:
There are many schools in disrepair. I saw them. I guess I should have taken pictures.
Are or were? If there are many - you sure can find their photos.

What about wages? Agree that there's no difference?

You company lists the starting wage only (which is surprisingly, for a company with ambitions to be one of the best, on a low side) - are there any bonuses, or maybe it grows?

Old 11-17-2012, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The problem is that sometimes when citizens see foreigners taking such photos, they stop them.
They don't, for at least 20 years now.

Old 11-17-2012, 09:58 PM

Quote:

Plus we get uber-expensive housing for free - the situation that Jeff for some reason calls unfair.
I did not say it was unfair that people got housing. I stated that you can't compare the situation in the US with that in Russia.
You spend a lot of time on here claiming that Americans are not so well off as compared to people in Russia. What's the #1 expense and reason for large debt in the USA? Mortgages.
Well, if your family has been gifted a free flat to start out with, that saves quite a bit of money, doesn't it? What if everyone who wanted to buy a flat had to pay mortgages with Russian mortgage rates? Wouldn't be so well-off, then, would they?

Old 11-17-2012, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Why can't you grasp that in Russia schools are not meant to provide ECs?

Are or were? If there are many - you sure can find their photos.

You company lists the starting wage only (which is surprisingly, for a company with ambitions to be one of the best, on a low side) - are there any bonuses, or maybe it grows?
Well, it's not my problem that Russian schools don't offer ECs. I guess we can tick that off of their wondrous amenities, then, can't we?

Are. I provided a link, did you miss it?

I no longer work for that company, so I am not sure what wages they are offering anymore. I can only go by what the wages for the industry were when I was living there; at that time, we were the highest-paying business of the sort and the only one offering all-white salaries for employees.
There were small bonuses on offer while I was there.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:26 PM

Quote:
I did not say it was unfair that people got housing. I stated that you can't compare the situation in the US with that in Russia.
Don't you think that it's unfair to compare incomes of Russians and Americans, without considering the fact that almost all Russians don't have to pay rent/mortgage?

For a fair comparison we should substruct rent/mortgage from US incomes. But then we should also adjust for quality (like +30% for US housing costs)... If you wish so, we can put everything free into numbers.

Quote:
You spend a lot of time on here claiming that Americans are not so well off as compared to people in Russia.
Only that incomes in Russia are comparable with 1st world countries. Nothing more.

Quote:
with Russian mortgage rates?
Which start at the inflation rate.

Quote:
Well, it's not my problem that Russian schools don't offer ECs.
It's not our problem that in US ECs have to be provided at schools.

Quote:
Are. I provided a link, did you miss it?
Where is disrepair?

Quote:
I no longer work for that company, so I am not sure what wages they are offering anymore.
Try farpost. BTW, you are still on their website - that doesn't feel right.

Quote:
There were small bonuses on offer while I was there.
The wage is 250r/hour. What can be the annual number of hours and total annual wage with all additional pays? How average is it? Because the requirement is 21 yo with 1 year experience.

Old 11-17-2012, 11:03 PM

[Mod cut: off topic]

As I said, I no longer work there, so I'm not abreast of how they choose to run the company, nor how many hours their employees work. However, while I was there, most employees worked between 20-30 hours/week; so, they got somewhere between 20-30K/month (post-tax).

Last edited by elnina; 11-18-2012 at 02:05 AM..

Old 11-17-2012, 11:20 PM

[Mod cut: off topic]

Quote:
However, while I was there, most employees worked between 20-30 hours/week; so, they got somewhere between 20-30K/month (post-tax).
So the wage didn't change.

Last edited by elnina; 11-18-2012 at 02:05 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe