U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2013, 02:31 PM

3,552 posts, read 6,169,958 times

Advertisements

My husband is blonde hair blue eyed and italian.. His grandmother on his father side spoke italian and on his mothers his great grandparents also did. He's only 3 rd generation off the boat here in America. the last name Maciavelli (yea that one ,he's related ) was in his family up until his grandmother died some 14 years ago. He's the palest man I've ever seen however.. Looks more Irish than anything,

Old 07-20-2013, 12:17 AM

41 posts, read 42,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
Maciavelli (yea that one ,he's related )
Don't want to contradict you, but in italian THAT last name is written as "Machiavelli" (the pronunciation of "ch" in italian is like "k")

Old 07-20-2013, 03:27 AM

831 posts, read 2,715,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
My husband is blonde hair blue eyed and italian.. His grandmother on his father side spoke italian and on his mothers his great grandparents also did. He's only 3 rd generation off the boat here in America. the last name Maciavelli (yea that one ,he's related ) was in his family up until his grandmother died some 14 years ago. He's the palest man I've ever seen however.. Looks more Irish than anything,
Some italians can have lightbrown/dark blonde hair, still a minority of them though, only like 8% of italians are like that.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:12 PM

4,690 posts, read 8,593,124 times
[quote=Sweetbottoms;30568463]My husband is blonde hair blue eyed and italian.. His grandmother on his father side spoke italian and on his mothers his great grandparents also did. He's only 3 rd generation off the boat here in America. the last name Maciavelli (yea that one ,he's related ) was in his family up until his grandmother died some 14 years ago. He's the palest man I've ever seen however.. Looks more Irish than anything,[/quot]

There are Italians who were descendants of Lombards/Celts, that's why Italians with blonde hair, blue eyes and a fair skin may be found.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:55 PM

407 posts, read 528,666 times
The US has always mistakenly thought of Italians as dark, when in fact they look like any other European country. The Moor/Berber thing is a myth. Italians have less sub-Saharan blood than the British. I think the whole dark thing was due to a prejudice against Italians in the late 19th century, as most who came here were poor, Catholic, and of the peasant variety. No matter what anyone says, calling someone 'darker' is meant as a slam in the US; why there is so much speculation about Italians on the web is puzzling.

Old 08-13-2013, 02:36 AM

205 posts, read 417,947 times
There was a strong prejudice against Catholics, including German, Swiss and Dutch Catholics. I met once a very cultured, rich and old family from North Carolina, descendant of Southern Generals, they moved down to Miami, to a posh house there, because they were harassed by bible thumpers, they were German Swiss in origin.

Old 08-13-2013, 05:15 PM

14 posts, read 94,160 times
Most Italians actually have blond or red hair and blue or green eyes and they look northern European. The only ones that look Mediterranean and dark featured are those of Greek descent but they're a minority and aren't really Italian. I'm Norwegian and when I went to Italy I didn't really notice a difference between how the natives of that country look and mine

Old 08-14-2013, 02:47 AM

205 posts, read 417,947 times
You should stick to your original moniker.

Old 08-18-2013, 05:00 AM

831 posts, read 2,715,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus7 View Post
Most Italians actually have blond or red hair and blue or green eyes and they look northern European. The only ones that look Mediterranean and dark featured are those of Greek descent but they're a minority and aren't really Italian. I'm Norwegian and when I went to Italy I didn't really notice a difference between how the natives of that country look and mine
Yeah right we believe you

Have you ever left tennesee btw?

In your other post you claimed spaniards look middle eastern.

So Italians look norwegian and spaniards look like saudi people. LOL good one.

Old 08-20-2013, 05:26 PM

14 posts, read 94,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler86 View Post
Yeah right we believe you

Have you ever left tennesee btw?

In your other post you claimed spaniards look middle eastern.

So Italians look norwegian and spaniards look like saudi people. LOL good one.
I have no reason to make it up. Why does it bother you that most Italians look Norwegian and most Spaniards look middle eastern and Mediterranean anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe