Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 12:06 AM

41 posts, read 97,330 times

Advertisements

Count only the scientific types of Nobel awards/ population ratio.

United Kingdom:

chemistry 28 (5 was immigrant)

Physics 23 (3 immigrant)

Physiology or medicine 34 (6 immigrant)

GRAND TOTAL: 85

ABORIGINAL BRITISH (Without immigrants): 71

Hungary:

Chemistry: 5

Physics: 3

Physiology or medicine: 4

GRAND TOTAL: 12

IMMIGRANTS: 0

GERMANY

CHEMISTRY: 29 (2 IMMIGRANT)

PHYSICS: 31 (6 IMMIGRANT)

Physiology or Medicine: 24 (7 IMMIGRANT)

GRAND TOTAL: 84

IMMIGRANTS: 15

ABORIGINAL GERMAN: 69

France:

PHYSICS: 13 (IMMIGRANT: 2)

CHEMISTRY: 11 (IMMIGRANT : 2)

Physiology or Medicine: 13 (IMMIGRANT: 1)

GRAND TOTAL: 37

IMMIGRANTS: 5
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2014, 01:15 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
Isn't there a Hungarian neo-Nazi forum you can post your tripe on?

Old 12-06-2014, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Isn't there a Hungarian neo-Nazi forum you can post your tripe on?

Pf course, the Nobel committee and the Nobel awards are all racist

Old 12-06-2014, 02:01 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth555 View Post

Why were the Hungarians much more innovative than Western European Great Powers?
Blame it all on Germans.
Or the Russians. Quick. One or the other ( here is a bonus option - you can do both )

Old 12-06-2014, 02:12 PM

10,646 posts, read 16,032,303 times
Were they all Hungarians or Austrian-Hungarians?

Old 12-06-2014, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Were they all Hungarians or Austrian-Hungarians?

Wrong. Hungary was not part of Austria.

Read the
The status of Kingdom of Hungary before the revolution section

Austro-Hungarian Compromise of 1867 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And read the Structure section: Austria-Hungary - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-06-2014, 03:13 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Blame it all on Germans.
Or the Russians. Quick. One or the other ( here is a bonus option - you can do both )
You know, when I was passing through Hungary, I had no idea what language to use. What was the 2nd language people commonly learned? Back then, I couldn't assume it was English. So I figured Russian was a fail-safe, since it was back in those days, you know. Well, it turned out to be the worst possible choice. Everyone thought I was Russian, and refused to speak to me. I later found out that German would have been the better choice. I still find it staggering that the Germans would be more popular than the Russians. Hard to get my mind around, even now. But I suppose the Soviet "influence" lasted a lot longer than any German occupation. Maybe that's part of the reason.

Old 12-06-2014, 04:35 PM

257 posts, read 518,128 times
Why do you have a necessity to create such threads? It is like me asking (although I just want to actually brag...) "Why was Czechoslovakia the only democratic country in Central/Eastern Europe in the 30s?" or "Why is Czech Republic, according to many research, probably the best place for living in what was called Eastern Bloc" etc.
In fact, you just want everybody to admit that the most beautiful women are from Hungary (Barbara Palvin), the best sport teams were the Hungarian ones. And I can go on and on and on.
I would like you to tell me, on the other hand, why the Hungarians tend to vote/support political parties such as Jobbik or your contemporary Prime Minister who, I believe, is considered to be authoritarian.

Thank you for your response.

Old 12-06-2014, 05:29 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth555 View Post
Pf course, the Nobel committee and the Nobel awards are all racist
I wan't referring to the Nobel committee.

Old 12-06-2014, 06:31 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You know, when I was passing through Hungary, I had no idea what language to use. What was the 2nd language people commonly learned? Back then, I couldn't assume it was English. So I figured Russian was a fail-safe, since it was back in those days, you know. Well, it turned out to be the worst possible choice. Everyone thought I was Russian, and refused to speak to me. I later found out that German would have been the better choice. I still find it staggering that the Germans would be more popular than the Russians. Hard to get my mind around, even now. But I suppose the Soviet "influence" lasted a lot longer than any German occupation. Maybe that's part of the reason.

I was referring to the times of Austrian-Hungarian Empire when I've said "blame it all on Germans))))"
Austrians are Germans to me of the Southern variety, so it's them who didn't let Hungarians to achieve their great potential, apparently. Not only that - even Budapest looks mostly like German city to me))))

During WWII Hungary was a part of Axis powers and went to Russians as the spoils of war; of course they wouldn't be happy speaking Russian)))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe