Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 02:52 PM

606 posts, read 2,578,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I thought racism in Western European leagues were a thing of the past? Today they seem more classy. (imo)
It's mostly in Spain or Italy, without EU help, neither spain or Italy would be developed countries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 09:14 PM

24,606 posts, read 55,773,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondrood View Post
Congratulations, dumbest post of the year . Soccer is loved by all types of people here in Europe, lower class, middle class, upper class. Even in my little team, there's a lawyer playing next to a construction worker, a civil engineer next to a cop, a banker next to a factory worker etc etc.

To answer the OP, racism is still there, a lot more in Eastern Europe than in Western Europe. Western Europe has tons of black and brown people now, lots of them also rooting for a local team. Even our "white trash" here is getting used to seeing people of different color. I attend soccer games a lot and racism has seriously declined here as compared to not even fifteen years ago. Is it still there? Of course, it'll probably always be there, as there will always be racists around.

And as Anondragon said, there's plenty of racism in Africa, Asia, etc as well.
Soccer brings people together, but it's sad that a few hooligans ruin it by this behaviour. If you think Europe is bad go to Latin America. People get killed over it there.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:04 PM

7,964 posts, read 11,802,166 times
People get killed regularly on the streets of Glasgow, Moscow, Istanbul, Krakow, Belgrade just because they support the "wrong team" look it up. Cracovia v Wisla Krakow is CRAZY, not as well-known but an intensely crazy rivalry. Jason Campbell was jailed for life for slashing the throat of a Celtic fan. 2 Leeds fans were murdered in Istanbul due to being English football fans.

Wisla Krakow football hooligans attaks leaders hooligans Cracovia with knives (pretty violent so don't watch if squeamish)

Last edited by paull805; 12-28-2012 at 10:30 PM..

Old 12-28-2012, 10:31 PM

7,964 posts, read 11,802,166 times

Polish football hooligans (WIS

Old 12-29-2012, 11:10 AM

2,234 posts, read 5,464,349 times
It also does happen in France and Spain. I'm not sure if I'd call it racism in some cases. If their team is losing, people tend to blurt out all kinds of insults. Anything that can be used as an insult will be used, I suppose.
I'm not talking about hooligans, though.. That's a different story.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:25 AM

7,873 posts, read 10,227,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Because soccer appeals to the lower rungs of European society quite a bit. Poor and working class Europeans tend to hold racist views much more often than educated, middle class types. England is actually more racist than most people believe it is. England is not the place that you see in Downton Abbey or Pride and Prejudice.

nonesense , soccer has a huge following across all sections of society and racism in english football is in the happenyplace compared to the likes of eastern europe , its just the issue gets a lot more press and political mention in the uk

Old 12-31-2012, 05:57 AM

190 posts, read 568,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
I am just telling you that myself my 'black, girlfriend and 'black' children have NOT suffered any racism when we have been to Stamford bridge, make of that what you will. Of course there are some racist people in the UK but anybody found guilty of racism at Premier league football stadiums is banned for life, perhaps if UEFA took the same stance you wouldn't still have the problem in southern or eastern Europe now.

What do you solved with that?
Are you yoing to find social expressions and outburts?
Idiotic

Old 12-31-2012, 08:19 AM

14,808 posts, read 11,885,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montpensier View Post
What do you solved with that?
Are you yoing to find social expressions and outburts?
Idiotic
I dont understand your post?

Old 12-31-2012, 08:32 AM

1,165 posts, read 1,964,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
I dont understand your post?
The moron is a troll. Don't pay attention.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:41 AM

14,808 posts, read 11,885,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondrood View Post
The moron is a troll. Don't pay attention.
OK thanks Avondrood (still dont understand his post though! lol)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe