Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 06:10 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,400,038 times

Advertisements

I would bet Don Caballero is a virgin. He spends an unhealthy amount of his time obsessing about the darkness of the British.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:23 AM

25,040 posts, read 27,802,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geography Freak View Post
I would bet Don Caballero is a virgin. He spends an unhealthy amount of his time obsessing about the darkness of the British.
And if whether particular women are true blondes or not

Old 01-06-2013, 04:36 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,378,535 times
Most of the musicains mentioned do not look Southern European to me. Last time I was in London, it seemed populated by people from the Middle East and India. As an English comedian asked..... how long since anyone heard English spoken on a sidewalk in London? I learned one thing quickly, and that is Middle Eastern hotels do not want American women as customers. At least, not me. I thought it would be interesting to stay there, but. no. Later, I realized it was better for me that I didn't. Some of the Indian restaurants offer great food.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:28 AM

114 posts, read 352,342 times
Britons, as an ethnic group, have dark hair.
However in terms of phenotype, they have nothing in common with latin-Europeans who are more olive skinned and have this overall "roman/greek" face structure.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:17 AM

190 posts, read 568,037 times
There is no such thing as Latin Europeans. If you are referring to Med Types, they are just a section of France, Spain and Italy.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:40 AM

114 posts, read 352,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montpensier View Post
There is no such thing as Latin Europeans. If you are referring to Med Types, they are just a section of France, Spain and Italy.
Actually, the term is relatively accurate, in that I meant the original latin populations 2000 years ago which populated Italy and surrounding regions.

The people the roman & greek sculptures they represent. Italians, Greeks, Spaniards, a good part of France, and so on.

They have absolutely nothing in common with the ethnic group indigenous to Britain, the Britons.
Britons are basically Celts. They often have red to dark hair, and very pale skin.

Light hair (from light brown to light blonde) is what I would call a Germanic trait in Europe.
Anyway I was just making a point because people with no sense of phenotypes seem to think that dark hair is an exclusively meditteranean/latin trait, which is obviously wrong.

Hair color is just one of many traits which form an ethnic group's phenotype.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:25 AM

Who taught you all that dribble? Have you ever been in Europe or out of Muskoggee, AL?

Western Europe was populated 38.000 years ago, England and Germany are Western Europe.

Celtic, Germanic, Latin, Iberian, Ligurian, etc..are not races, but CULTURES.

So, most Weestern Europe is LATIN (culture emanating from the Roman Emplire and Classical Greece) and the ancient substrate belongs to many ancient cultures and civilizxations that are now dead.

Britain was populated 8.000 years ago from what is now Spain, they preserved the Celtic culture longer time. They called themselves Anglo Saxons because they were invaded by pirates and plunderers called Angles and Saxons, a scant minority, that imposed their culture....that were exterminated in 1022 by Normans that had a French culture, but the rabble created a French-Saxon language called English, but 90 percent descend from the first settlers that arrived 8.000 years ago, after the glaciation.

It's just like the US, they have an "Anglo" culture but do not belong to any definite race.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:25 AM

535 posts, read 1,507,675 times
During my visits to the Uk I've never noticed an extraordinarily high amount of "Southern European" looking "native" Brits. Not more than in other parts of Western Europe. The only thing typical about the British Isles might be the higher percentage of "gingers" and "redheads" as compared to Central Europe.

BTW it's weird why Don_Caballero always has to prove how "dark" and "mixed" the British population supposedly is compared to "Blond Scandinavia". Actually, i've never really cared for hair colours anyway....must be a City-Data thing...

Old 01-09-2013, 07:26 AM

Many British could pass for Spanish, rather continental or Atlantic Spanish. But they look different because they are paler, fatter and bigger and their clothes are a giveaway. Where do they buy such weird clothing? The UK is a world reference in Gentleman's clothing, but I guess it must be for export only. British are bulkier, but obesity is increasing in Spain also.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:23 PM

7,964 posts, read 11,802,166 times
Lol British have good fashion sense, don't think we all look like football hooligans or chavs.

http://i00.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/6...oat-b-font.jpg

http://media-cache-ec4.pinterest.com...fYzCPB1v_b.jpg

Ever heard of London fashion week, Vivienne Westwood, Stella McCartney, Paul Smith, Alexander McQueen, Fred Perry, Duck and Cover??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe