Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2013, 02:01 AM

2,825 posts, read 5,264,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler86 View Post
From the midwest.. mm yes. From other areas .. not really.
There are much less nordic-looking people in France than among white American population as a whole.
In the streets of Paris we use to recognise Americans groups not just by their dresses but the fact that many of them (even if I agree thaht is not the majority) look definitly too nordic to be french. The same works for British, Germans, Dutch and other northern Europeans when in France. A good amont (not all) of them can't just pass for being french.

Old 06-12-2013, 02:21 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,026,546 times
[quote=saxonwold;29983026]
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post

In the British Isles, there are contrasts in hair colors, but facial features most of the time remain within a Western European context.

ENGLAND WALES SCOTLAND IRELAND

I am sorry but this is nonsense! People in Britain DO NOT all have the same facial features!!! There are people with big noses, small noses round noses, short noses and long noses, there are people with round faces, square faces, small faces and large faces! I am sitting at work (in an open office) looking at people who all look COMPLETELY different! Instead of just posting random pictures of people please tell me EXACTLY what it is about Britains that make them look different to Germans, or French or Danes and if you think you can please also give me some proof of what you say?

Old 06-12-2013, 02:25 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,026,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by french user View Post
There are much less nordic-looking people in France than among white American population as a whole.
In the streets of Paris we use to recognise Americans groups not just by their dresses but the fact that many of them (even if I agree thaht is not the majority) look definitly too nordic to be french. The same works for British, Germans, Dutch and other northern Europeans when in France. A good amont (not all) of them can't just pass for being french.
This is ridiculous!! there are millions of Nordic looking people in France just as there is in Germany, Austria, Britain, Belgium or Switzerland! How on earth do you think you can recognise Americans just because you think they look Nordic! America is made up of a population of people with ancestory from ALL OVER the world! Please can you give us some proof that French people somehow 'look different' from other nationalities? Your way of thinking is right out of the 19th Century!

Old 06-12-2013, 03:46 AM

98 posts, read 268,822 times
Quote:
Completely wrong. American people are a melting pot, as France in a certain degree with the Millions of immigrants from Mediterranean areas.

Quote:
When you are a french local, you can Spot groups of English, Dutch, Germans, Americans because of their much higher percentages of nordic looks.
Only in your parallel world. French locals are more diverse than you think, even if they look less nordic than Dutch or Northern Germans. And British do not look the same as the Dutch like you want to say.

Old 06-12-2013, 04:27 AM

91 posts, read 147,340 times
Quote:

And they can be spotted more easely in any provincial city such as Carcasonne, Avignon, Amiens or Tolouse!!

Old 06-12-2013, 07:01 AM

603 posts, read 1,631,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabocov View Post
And they can be spotted more easely in any provincial city such as Carcasonne, Avignon, Amiens or Tolouse!!
I agree to a point with this if you mean South France.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Absolute rubbish I'm afraid!
we already know that you are afraid that British people don't look like french. this what I endlessly tell to you.*

You have absolutly no idea of what you are talking about my English friend.
More than that you contradict yourself. You always get mad when we say thaht British look like other Germanic countries, and now you say that British look the same as Germans...

Quote:
The French and British and Germans or Austrians or Belgians look the same my friend, both countries have a mix of people
All countries have a mix of people. that doesn't means that the result of this mix is the same! if the ingredients and the proportions are not the same the resulting human cocktail won't be the same...
latin Americans are fruit of the hige mixes of populations, but still do not look like as a whole to British people (who you suppose are "so muxed")... simply because the mix is not the same.

Quote:
how anybody can claim some kind of French or British or German 'look' in the 21st Century really is beyond me!! If you think you can tell apart a Frenchman from a Britain pray tell me EXACTLY what these differences are please?
It is not the individuals that "have a look" but the crowds. You could always find indivisual British people who could pass for being Chinese, that doesn't help the fact that statistically speaking British people do not look like Chinese. That is not hard to understand. Just have to travael a bit and look around yourself.

I already told you hundreds of time, but you are so "afraid" to accept it that you endlessly deny the reality. The reason why we can immedialty sopt British population compared to french one is that there are a lot of phenotypes in the UK that DO NOT exist in France. It is enought to have two or three people in a group of ten with this phenotypes to immediatly understand that those people are not french. Many of the most famous British people canno't pass for being french: I give you again those exemples: (and please don't tell me that not all British people look like this, we all know that there are also darker peoples, plus asians, blacks...)

Many of the most famous British people in France COULDN'T pass for being french when in France (along many others), while completly fitting well in all germanic countries (Britain included, whatever it will deplease to you)
In my city, if I met someone with this look I know that he is very likely not french... french people just don't look like this, even in the 21st century.

Richard Branson
http://www.leblogluxe.com/files/2012...es-637x0-3.jpg

Sting
http://assets.rollingstone.com/asset...x304/sting.jpg

Prince Harry
http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/a...-_1678106a.jpg

Prince williams
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...0_1857324f.jpg

Tony Blair
http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/a...-_1678106a.jpg

Actor of Harry potter (don't remember the name)
http://www.sponkit.com/wp-content/up...pert-grint.jpg

Keilly Reilly
http://www.les-elegances.com/wp-cont...-reilly-05.jpg

And so on...

Come in France, meet french people, live in a french family; and discover our people and culture (we won't bite you!). differences are complementary and opening to other cultures is always a good thing.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabocov View Post

Not only. people in the northern half of France don't look nordic, but more "average European". See the exemples I gave in aswere to "easthome". None of them, while fitting completly into typical British, German, or white American population just can't be french. That as easy to sopt them in Paris than in most of the country. Many they could pass local in extreme north regions such as Lille area or Normandy, but even then, quite unlikely... I don't know if northern Europeans realise this when they visit France; because most places they visit are by definition full of northern European tourists. In some places, most of the people you cross in the streets are northern European tourists.

Probably many people, when visiting central areas of Paris would take northern European tourists for locals, and as 'easthome' does think that French population is exactly similar to northern European/germanic ones. that is just not the case. The same way we are also statistically distinct from, say, Portuguese averages.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloxias View Post
I agree to a point with this if you mean South France.
Why only south France? even northern half France is much further south than most of England... And central France is in line with northern Italy. Northern Italians crowds don't look like British crowds. the same for France.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:34 AM

36 posts, read 49,353 times
Quote:
This is ridiculous!! there are millions of Nordic looking people in France just as there is in Germany, Austria, Britain, Belgium or Switzerland! How on earth do you think you can recognise Americans just because you think they look Nordic! America is made up of a population of people with ancestory from ALL OVER the world! Please can you give us some proof that French people somehow 'look different' from other nationalities? Your way of thinking is right out of the 19th Century!
Research says over 50% of Brits have the L1 Nordic haplogroup (going from 61% in Northumberland down to 30% in Cornwall due to less R1b1 admixture) but only 27% in France. Clearly the English/French ethnicities will look completely different. Anyway, English people are Germanic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe