Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2013, 02:51 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,426,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
You seem to think you know Britains better than me despite me being British and living here!! lol, sorry I am here today now, I've just been to Sainsbury's and I can categorically say that the most common hair colour of my fellow shoppers was dark, not all 'black' but black or dark brown not a different definition to your idea of dark!
Now you keep insisting that the French and British have a different look but I still await some proof of this ridiculous claim! Saying you've 'seen British tourists is hardly proof is it? Your comment as to why I was spoken to in French when in France is also not very viable is it! lol
LOL! Are you all there? Obviously in any civilized country, the first language when talking to somebody for the first time that you don't know would be in the official language even if they look foreign. There are many foreigners who live in Paris, who speak French too, so why wouldn't they speak to you in French? By speaking to you in French, doesn't mean they see you an indigenous French person like Alain Delon or Georges Marchet, etc... There are many Black people who speak French, that doesn't mean that they are indigenous French! It has nothing to do with your hair color whether black or red or whatever, it has to do with your looks! Get it now? There are French who are blonde too like Julie Delpy the actress, but she looks very French and is definitely not British.

See: Julie Delpy is very French. She could pass for a Swiss/Austrian as well, looks more Central European than Northern. Her head shape, features, etc...

You probably wouldn't know, but there are people who can tell the difference. I didn't say that the French look different from Brits, because they have darker hair, there are also looks. You might be British, but that doesn't mean you can tell the difference between various people. Even in America, people can tell when you're from Europe as well, it has nothing to do with your hair or eye color!

Old 06-12-2013, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Most people in Britain DO NOT look like prince Charles!! lol, Frank LeBoef or Thierry Henry don't look ANYTHING like the pictures of the French fellows you posted do they! Neither does Gerard Depardu (excuse spelling). Now I could post millions of pictures of British people that look nothing like the pictures you've posted (likewise French), posting 4 pictures is NOT what I would call proof of this mystical 'British look' please can you give me some sort of proof that British people look different to French people?
I don't care if they don't like Prince Charles, he looks very British, that's all! Thierry is not an indigenous Frenchman, he's from Les Antilles who are descendants of West Africans taken to the Americas. You're hillarious!

Last edited by Rozenn; 06-12-2013 at 04:51 PM.. Reason: Personal attacks

Old 06-12-2013, 02:58 PM

Thierry Henry? Ha!Ha!Ha! Easthome, you're really funny, I like your sense of humor!

Old 06-12-2013, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler86 View Post
English people speak a germanic language (barely germanic but germanic afterall). British people look more atlantic/brythonic than germanic. Germanic looking peoples are Scandinavians, dutch and germans.
although Atlantic is an anthropological term used in previous times, there's no scientific or genetic proof that proves that it's 100% real. The truth is that about half of the the British people belong to the L1 Nordic haplogroup. Since the Netherlands and Germany are neighbors and their languages are closely related( Germanic), it wouldn't be surprising that they have close similarities Scandinavians? There are also many Scandinavians who look Finnic, have you ever thought of that? There are also many British who look Celtic, while others Germanic. Nevertheless all are Northern Europeans, and not the lies that you and Don were posting! The ancestors of the British Islanders have been in the Isles for so many thousands of years, some even earlier than when men reached Scandinavian lands, so how can they be Southern Europeans? [/quote]

Last edited by Rozenn; 06-12-2013 at 04:52 PM.. Reason: Rude

Old 06-12-2013, 04:33 PM

520 posts, read 1,514,714 times
Btw, most random passers-by in a shopping mall in e.g. Sheffield just look indistinguishable similar to their counterparts in a mall in e.g. Eindhoven or Hamburg. I have absolutely no clue why you are so prone to point out that English people would be some kind of "extraterrestrial" beings who look totally different than their closely-related neighbours.

"British people are all atlantic, blonde Brits must be Nordic immigrants or of East Anglian Norsemen origin", "Germans and Dutch are all blonde haired and tall, dark-haired Germans are either Bavarians or immigrants, White Americans are mostly mixed, therefore there aren't blondes there"...

Last edited by Rozenn; 06-12-2013 at 04:52 PM.. Reason: Off topic

Old 06-12-2013, 05:14 PM

318 posts, read 624,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Caballero View Post
The look of some british people like mr bean are pretty common in most parts of the UK(Ireland Included), I havent seen it anywhere else in northern europe.
The father of the British are the Spanish (Basques).

Basque whale hunters are the biological daddy of the British.

What does being British mean? Ask the Spanish - Telegraph

Old 06-13-2013, 04:25 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,019,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Thierry Henry? Ha!Ha!Ha! Easthome, you're really funny, I like your sense of humor!
So is Thierry Henry not French? Despite never even seeing me you know that I could be spotted as a Britiain straight away do you? You HAVE NOT given me any proof of your ridiculous claim that Britains have a 'look' and all look different to the 'French'!! Let me ask you something - I have a friend whose nickname is 'Zidane' because he is a spitting image of the French footballer (he has even gone 'bald' the same way), does this mean that my friend looks 'French'? Or does it mean that Zidane looks 'British'?? How comes he has ended up looking like a 'Frenchman' when he is about as British as they come? Why doesn't he have the 'British' shaped head!! lol

Old 06-13-2013, 04:30 AM

603 posts, read 1,631,285 times
^^Alright this is the way to get to the bottom of this.

The similarities and differences are like this:

The British are more Atlantid, Bruenn, Keltic Nordid, Paleo-Atlantid, Borreby and Anglo Saxon.

While the French are more Atlantid, Alpinoid, Dinarid, Norid, Keltic Nordid and Borreby.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:32 AM

603 posts, read 1,631,285 times
I mean also that you can find types in the British Isles that you could find in France.

Types in France you could find in the British Isles.

Then there is types you will not find in either countries as easy sometimes.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:49 AM

12 posts, read 19,255 times
Quote:
So is Thierry Henry not French? Despite never even seeing me you know that I could be spotted as a Britiain straight away do you? You HAVE NOT given me any proof of your ridiculous claim that Britains have a 'look' and all look different to the 'French'!! Let me ask you something - I have a friend whose nickname is 'Zidane' because he is a spitting image of the French footballer (he has even gone 'bald' the same way), does this mean that my friend looks 'French'? Or does it mean that Zidane looks 'British'?? How comes he has ended up looking like a 'Frenchman' when he is about as British as they come? Why doesn't he have the 'British' shaped head!! lol

What French user is saying is that you can tell British apart by their pose, mannerism and specific phenotypes or "family traits". Apart from ethnicity, most people in specific European countries are related, more so in an Island, so they all have a family look no matter their hair color, etc.

For example, my mother is from a valley up in the Pyrinees, they are around 5.000 and notwitstanding their physical appearance, they share family traits. The same happens in all European countries on a larger basis since before there were FAR FEWER people...so everybody is related closely.

Islands, high valleys and isolated are proner to create specific populations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe