Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2013, 11:39 AM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Really? and what makes you say this? You havent got the faintest idea about me and it shows, I am British and like just about every other Britain I have a mixed heritage,
You might consider yourself British (or whatever you like,) however something is telling me that you are not.
What makes me think so?
Because Brits don't fly off the hook when someone dwells on a subject that they might be touchy about.
Blacks have tendency to fly off the hook, Russians fly off the hook, but not Brits just in case you didn't notice. At least not on public forums.
Not only that - Brits are usually quite indifferent to the subject of their looks, ( you can see it by their reaction here) but for you it obviously matters. There is more than just "looks" that define a Brit))))

Hence my conclusion.

Old 06-16-2013, 12:35 AM

4,680 posts, read 13,423,170 times
Quote:
Proof that Britain's are all 'freckly' please? You don't even live in Europe let alone Britain what do you base this assumption on? What percentage of 'typical' English tourists are the French laughing at? Or is this something else you've just 'made up' in your head? What percentage of Britain's have this 'typical' freckled pale complexion? If its typical as you say it must be over 50% at the very least!? Please show me where you discovered this typical British look that not only the French but the also the Dutch do not have??
Remember the fact that I don't live in Europe now, doesn't mean I've never lived there. I have lived in my maternal ancestral lands in the Low Countries.A re-education is the best way for you. I never said that all British are freckled, but they do indeed have a higher frequency of such people than anywhere in Europe. According to several genetical projects, such as the BritishDna, IrishDna finds the ratio of Britons and Irish who are carriers of the red-headed gene variants to be much higher than of those with actual red hair. Not surprising due to the fact that red hair to be a recessive trait. Those who are carriers, even if they aren't red-heads will still share similar characteristics of redheads, like very sensitive skin to summer sun, freckled-complexion, prone to skin cancers. This is where the 'redhead' stereotype of Scottish/Irish comes from. This never meant that all redheads that all Scotch and Irish have red hair and freckles. The same goes for Scandinavians, not all are pure blonde-headed either. I didn't discover it's fact that people of Celtic ancestry and those with red hair have the highest frequency of pale skin tone. Those people are commonest in the British Isles and where White Britons/Irish have settled as well. In skin cancers studies done in Australia, Canada and the U.S., it is a well known fact by dermatologists, that people who would be the most prone to skin cancers, because they are obviously pale are those from British Isles, especially from the Celtic fringe. A scientific paper published in 2012 by Stanford University called GWAS study on European pigmentation in four European countries namely Ireland, Italy, Poland, Portugal, the people included in this specific study were between the age of 21 to 30 I believe. The results were no surprise to me, in terms of skin tone it was again the Irish who were as a whole much lighter-skinned than the rest of the group. Poles were only slightly lighter than the Portuguese and the darkest were the Italians. In terms of hair and eye color both the Irish and Poles were lighter than Portuguese and Italians. The Irish were also found lighter-haired and -eyed than Poles, the Portuguese were the darkest in this respect. These are facts on which I base my opinion unlike you or Don caballero. By the way 'typical' doesn't mean common, it means distinctive. This is what I mean when I say a typical Brit. You have a long way to go.

[IMG]http://media.irishcentral.com/images/419*279/051812__celtic-warriors-SWIFF.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-16-2013, 03:46 AM

2,825 posts, read 5,262,092 times
Quote:
If its typical as you say it must be over 50% at the very least!?
For being 'typical', something doesn't need necessaryly to be majoritary

Old 06-16-2013, 03:48 AM

52 posts, read 173,162 times
Remember the fact that I don't live in Europe now, doesn't mean I've never lived there. I have lived in my maternal ancestral lands in the Low Countries.......excusatio non petita accusatio manifesta.

Old 06-16-2013, 04:45 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,016,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by french user View Post
For being 'typical', something doesn't need necessaryly to be majoritary
May I ask approximately what percentage of British people do you think have this 'typical British look that you can't really describe but is impossible for a Frenchman to have'?

Old 06-16-2013, 07:11 AM

Quote:
May I ask approximately what percentage of British people do you think have this 'typical British look that you can't really describe but is impossible for a Frenchman to have'?

From my observations, a good 30/40%, maybe bit more.

Old 06-16-2013, 09:20 AM

Quote:
From my observations, a good 30/40%, maybe bit more.
Lol you talk so much nonsense its funny!! Are you now ready to tell ,me EXACTLY what this 40% of Britain's have that is impossible for French people to have??

Old 06-16-2013, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Lol you talk so much nonsense its funny!! Are you now ready to tell ,me EXACTLY what this 40% of Britain's have that is impossible for French people to have??
I've already show you illustrations with photos... haven't you see them?

My questions are still unanswered:
1/ What are your source that say that french and British population look the same? I'm still waiting.
2/ Why should Britain have the same looking population as a country situated 800km further south?
3/ Why would it bother you that British population doesn't look like French one?

Old 06-16-2013, 09:43 AM

Quote:
I've already show you illustrations with photos... haven't you see them?

My two questions are still unanswered:
1/ What are your source that say that french and British population look the same? I'm still waiting.
2/ Why would it bother you that British population doesn't look like French one?
Yes I've seen them and there is NOTHING about them they have that a French person can't NOTHING! There is also NOTHING about them that applies to 40% of all Britain's. Britain's like other Europeans are INDIVIDUALS there is no particular shaped face, eyes or noses, there is in fact a different combination of 'features' on every Britain with the exception of twins or the odd one or two that might happen to be lookalikes, yes lookalikes like my friend John Grimes who looks like Zinadine Zidan yet is as British as British can be. Please show me some PROOF that 40% of Britain's have a 'look' that is impossible for a Frenchman to have please?

Old 06-16-2013, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Yes I've seen them and there is NOTHING about them they have that a French person can't NOTHING! There is also NOTHING about them that applies to 40% of all Britain's.
This is because its seems you have no idea of what french people look like apparently... neither no idea what is France is in general, or where it is situated. For some reasons you want to believe that Britain=France. That just is not the case, for the good and for the bad. deal with it.

by the way, do you think that German populations looks like Italian, or that Japanese look like Brasilian?
The world is various, and there are variations on averages from places to places, that is the reality you still eternelly denying.

Quote:
Zinadine Zidan yet is as British as British can be.
Zidane is french of Algerian origin. Are you assuming that British people have the same look as Algerians?

Quote:
Please show me some PROOF that 40% of Britain's have a 'look' that is impossible for a Frenchman to have please?
If you want at all price to be fitting in France, be happy to be part of the 60 other percents that can pass for french... !

Last edited by french user; 06-16-2013 at 10:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe