U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-29-2012, 02:48 PM
 
Location: Land of Free Johnson-Weld-2016
6,474 posts, read 13,406,838 times
Reputation: 6404

Advertisements

Recently in Italy, there has been an uproar over domestic violence. Apparently a lot of men are beating/killing wives and girlfriends...and Father Piero Corsi knows the reason. I would have thought it was the economy or Berlusconi's bad influence...but it is tight clothes and fast food.

I'm ineptly translating from an article in Spanish from La Nacion (http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1540395-u...ia-masculina):
...Increasingly, [women] are irritating, arrogant and believing themselves self-sufficient, hence provoking tensions...

Children who are abandoned to their own devices, dirty homes, cold foods which are bought in fast food joints, dirty clothing...If a family becomes a disaster and crimes [ie the violence] occur--which should of course be firmly condemned and punished--many times the responsibility is shared...

...How many times do we see girls and women walking around the streets wearing provocative, tight clothing? How much [traicion? sexual abuse?] is going on at work, fitness centers and movies?

These can be avoided since it is the women's behavior which awakens the worst [masculine] instincts which later become violence or sexual abuse...


Italian priest sparks outrage over blame of women for violence | Reuters


There is apparently an uproar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-29-2012, 03:21 PM
 
Location: Duluth, Minnesota, USA
7,653 posts, read 14,751,095 times
Reputation: 6644
You forgot to mention that his bishop condemned his statements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2012, 05:32 PM
 
Location: Vladivostok, Russia
122 posts, read 139,448 times
Reputation: 45
Apparently, Italians haven't heard about political correctness, to say the least.

A few months ago Russian and Norwegian schoolgirls were gang-raped in Italy. Italian media instantly declared them prostitutes, who attack 5 innocent Italian guys!

Rape is one of the crimes that can't possibly be justified. It's really wierd that in Italy this is being done publically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2012, 05:34 PM
 
14,752 posts, read 27,518,778 times
Reputation: 8732
Quote:
Originally Posted by object704 View Post
Apparently, Italians haven't heard about political correctness, to say the least.
No, the Italians are not politically correct.

But neither was American Rush Limbaugh for his comment to a female law student at one of the law schools in DC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2012, 06:53 PM
 
Location: Vladivostok, Russia
122 posts, read 139,448 times
Reputation: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
But neither was American Rush Limbaugh for his comment to a female law student at one of the law schools in DC.
Well, I have to agree with this rightie.

Rush Limbaugh apologizes to law student for insulting comment | Reuters

Quote:
What does it say about the college co-ed Fluke who goes before a congressional committee and essentially says that she must be paid to have sex. What does that make her? It makes her a ****, right? Makes her a prostitute. She wants to be paid to have sex," Limbaugh said on Wednesday on his radio show.


On Thursday, he said: "If we are going to pay for your contraceptives, thus pay for you to have sex, we want something for it, and I'll tell you what it is: We want you to post the videos online so we can all watch."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2012, 09:01 AM
 
Location: Land of Free Johnson-Weld-2016
6,474 posts, read 13,406,838 times
Reputation: 6404
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
You forgot to mention that his bishop condemned his statements.
Really?

The latest I see on the subject is that Red Telephone and other groups requested the priest be removed from the post or denounced. RT wrote letters to the prime minister, Mario Monti as well as the Pope, but there is no official response from these quarters to my knowledge.

I'm going to say tipico.

According to the priest in question, he was ordered to take a leave of absence to "rest and reflect."

I think it is ironic because so many guys in Italy almost seem to demand women se%ualize themselves in order to get jobs. Berlusconi is the most glaring and repulsive example. I don't think all the girls on TV or in the workplace are volunteering to be scantily clad, but women need to work.

And in Italy, as in most of the world, the people who are giving out employment are usually male. If a woman could be successful dressing plainly, I'm sure there would be a lot fewer "scantily-clad" ladies working in Italy.

I was going to try to keep my opinion to myself, but I can't. I think what the priest said was dangerous in a society where he can possibly influence the thinking of a lot of husbands/boyfriends, politicians and lawmakers.

The Vatican should condemn his sayings, but I bet these guys are not going to say anything. No matter how many nights the women had to work late and could not present a 5-course meal for the "family," the memory of their suffering and painful/unnecessary deaths should be honored.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2012, 07:52 AM
 
Location: In a Galaxy far, far away called Germany
4,266 posts, read 3,593,243 times
Reputation: 2313
I knew it all along!!! Of course, the frying pan my girlfriend sleeps with should have been my first clue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2013, 05:54 PM
 
Location: Earth
24,639 posts, read 24,060,346 times
Reputation: 11268
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
Recently in Italy, there has been an uproar over domestic violence. Apparently a lot of men are beating/killing wives and girlfriends...and Father Piero Corsi knows the reason. I would have thought it was the economy or Berlusconi's bad influence...but it is tight clothes and fast food.

I'm ineptly translating from an article in Spanish from La Nacion (http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1540395-u...ia-masculina):
...Increasingly, [women] are irritating, arrogant and believing themselves self-sufficient, hence provoking tensions...

Children who are abandoned to their own devices, dirty homes, cold foods which are bought in fast food joints, dirty clothing...If a family becomes a disaster and crimes [ie the violence] occur--which should of course be firmly condemned and punished--many times the responsibility is shared...

...How many times do we see girls and women walking around the streets wearing provocative, tight clothing? How much [traicion? sexual abuse?] is going on at work, fitness centers and movies?

These can be avoided since it is the women's behavior which awakens the worst [masculine] instincts which later become violence or sexual abuse...


Italian priest sparks outrage over blame of women for violence | Reuters


There is apparently an uproar.
And they say there's a difference between christianity and islam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2013, 06:25 AM
 
190 posts, read 439,863 times
Reputation: 114
Only Americans take seriously the declaration of Italian priests. The moment that the RCC becomes PC, I'll become a Baptist. On the other hand, the priest was partly right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2013, 02:09 PM
 
5,532 posts, read 5,714,122 times
Reputation: 3146
Kinkytoes, the Italian priest is right!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top