Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 10:17 AM

2,037 posts, read 2,990,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightForFreedom View Post
Why can't we lower reputation exactly?

Data, you have no idea what you're talking about. You're not even listening to us. You have essentially been repeating yourself for the last 24 hours despite being continuously answered...
Lol, listen "to us." Why have you not been listening to us? Who is us?

i have often wondered the same thing about why I cant lower folks reputations

Of course I am repeating myself, just as you are.

Until someone performs a decent regression analysis--and who is prone to that--my thesis holds.

Address the matter at hand and stop diddling about. I want my query addressed directly, succinctly, and with clarity.

Last edited by Datafeed; 01-05-2013 at 10:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 10:37 AM

2,223 posts, read 5,487,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
Lol, listen "to us." Why have you not been listening to us? Who is us?

i have often wondered the same thing about why I cant lower folks reputations

Of course I am repeating myself, just as you are.

Until someone performs a decent regression analysis--and who is prone to that--my thesis holds.

And I demand that you address me as Mr. Data. Capeesh?
But what's the "thesis" ? Not enough people of Turkish descent in the Wehrmacht ?

Wehrmacht - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-05-2013, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glucorious View Post
But what's the "thesis" ? Not enough people of Turkish descent in the Wehrmacht ?

Wehrmacht - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Read my previous post. This is very important.

Must I repeat myself?

Here, I shall help you:

Don't get cute with me buddy. You know what I mean. if I substituted Heer for Wermacht would your answer change?

Dude, we alll can use google, the caps key, and spell check.

Why are there 3rd generation Turks who are born and raised in Germany with no citizenship?

Everybody must feel they can be a valued and respected member of society or the social contract will break down.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:42 AM

2,866 posts, read 5,243,291 times
@ Datafeed, why are you conveniently ignoring my post? I just showed you a whole bunch of examples to disprove your "thesis" and I can list many more if you want.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
@ Datafeed, why are you conveniently ignoring my post? I just showed you a whole bunch of examples to disprove your "thesis" and I can list many more if you want.
You did provide some anecdotal evidence which buttresses your position. And since I too am operating in the realm of the anecdotal without a solid regression analysis your post appears to--albeit ostentatiously-- to provide evidence to my rebut my assertion.

For this post to be taken seriously--which i do not--I will need to see a breakdown of the data...like how many non-natives are officers in each nations respective armed services and diplomatic corps in relation to the population writ large.

This is easy.

what is largely unquantifiable is the resentment--and even more so the ultimate result of said resentment--between the natives and differing immigrant groups.

Also, it's rather useless to say Europe--*** I often simplify and dramatic my posts (sometimes replete with errors) to increase response***

Europe is not a continent and France, the Netherlands, and the UK differ from Germany, Spain, Italy, Portugal, and Belgium.

But seriously, do you not doubt that having whordes of Muslims on your left flank who do not believe in your values is a good thing?

This is my point, sans the drama.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Read my previous post. This is very important.

Must I repeat myself?

Here, I shall help you:

Don't get cute with me buddy. You know what I mean. if I substituted Heer for Wermacht would your answer change?

No, it wouldn't.

Quote:
It consisted of the Heer (army), the Kriegsmarine (navy) and the Luftwaffe (air-force).
Dude, we alll can use google, the caps key, and spell check.

I'm not sure if we alll really can.

Why are there 3rd generation Turks who are born and raised in Germany with no citizenship?

The proof is where? I have not seen any.

Everybody must feel they can be a valued and respected member of society or the social contract will break down.

Yes.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glucorious View Post
Lol. See. We don't really disagree!!

Thanks for your reply sir.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:30 AM

768 posts, read 879,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
So immigrants are going to cause Europe to fail, even though they make up a very small percentage of the population?
It depends, whether you consider immigrant either foreigner, or non-native, non-white, 1st generation, 2nd generation, all that.

In the UK 23% of secondary school students (age 11-16) are 'ethnic minorities' (ie non white) and 27% of primary school (age 5-11) are. Thats a pretty quick increase over a short age group. (I think observations of students is probably far more accurate than the census, most people I know just write in rubbish in the census anyway). From that i would assume at least 30% of todays births are non-white, extrapolating the demographic change from 11-16 year olds and 5-11 year olds. Perhaps not quite the 51% of non-white births in the US, but hardly a 'very small' percentage.

Old 01-05-2013, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWS View Post
It depends, whether you consider immigrant either foreigner, or non-native, non-white, 1st generation, 2nd generation, all that.

In the UK 23% of secondary school students (age 11-16) are 'ethnic minorities' (ie non white) and 27% of primary school (age 5-11) are. Thats a pretty quick increase over a short age group. (I think observations of students is probably far more accurate than the census, most people I know just write in rubbish in the census anyway). From that i would assume at least 30% of todays births are non-white, extrapolating the demographic change from 11-16 year olds and 5-11 year olds. Perhaps not quite the 51% of non-white births in the US, but hardly a 'very small' percentage.

Link?

Quote:
Lol. See. We don't really disagree!!

Thanks for your reply sir.
So you only can offer rants and no proof. Why not say so?

Old 01-05-2013, 12:32 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,243,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWS View Post

That sounds highly unlikely. Perhaps this is true for major cities but I have a very hard time believing 1/3 of births are non-white in the UK as a whole. Especially considering this data from the Office of National Statistics regarding ethnic minorities in England and Wales:

^ Note, the "White" in the above graph excludes White British (80.5%).

Source: http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/census...land-and-Wales
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe