Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 09:22 PM

13 posts, read 20,558 times

Advertisements

No food delivery, health or other services , anyone wanting to live there would be pretty much on their own, yep that's the Alaskan interior alright.

Actually, according to the last census, 25 percent of the people within 30 miles of me are from a former Soviet Republic. I understand some Russian and can read using the Cyrillic alphabet. No If I were to move it would be to a warmer place.

I was reading about some old believers who lived in the middle of nowhere, that's what caught my interest. I heard about villages where only a few families still resided. I was interested in how the activities of daily living were accomplished.

Thanks for jumping in there Sergey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 09:40 AM

6 posts, read 8,919 times
I will try to describe all that I know. Yes, in Russia there are villages with a small number of people. You mean Agafya Lykov? They lived in complete isolation for 40 years. Or village after the collapse of the Soviet Union? Many of them, in some live ten and less families. But there are no problems with delivery of products or with doctors. With the exception of the villages in the north of Russia, they can be reached only 6 months a year. People live on their own, stocking products, fishing, hunting. There is a good movie, "Happy People" "Счастливые люди" it is about such people. From them to other people at least 500 km .... If you know the Cyrillic alphabet, you know in Russian? I'm just beginning to learn English, so I can write a lot bad. I'm sorry. Ask questions more clearly, and I'll be able to answer them. Goodbye

Old 01-20-2013, 09:47 AM

I'm sorry no stocking products but are stocking products.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:10 PM

667 posts, read 936,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alder576 View Post
Have any nonrussians tried living in an abandoned village. I live in the Alaskan Interior which looks a lot like an abandoned Russian village.
Living in an abandoned Russian village looks like a variant of suicide, even if a daredevil rich a little bit prosperity he will be surely victim of gangs or their competitors cops who rob and kill him.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:18 PM

667 posts, read 936,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier77 View Post
Putin is gonna fill those empty Russian villages with rich French people who dont wanna pay taxes in France. He already has Depardie.
This guy is not dumb, his residence is just few minutes car driving from international Airport Domodedovo.It is difficult to believe that he dares to go outside area Airport - Villa with bulletproofs windows, panic room and an army of KGB guys who secure him.For saving of 10m yearly is not a bad idea to live 183 days in Russia near to an international Airport.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:51 PM

Sergey, your english is very good. I know several Ukranians and Russians who can't put three words together. I will try to find the documentary movie "Happy People".
I live north of the Alaskan mountain range and today is very cold. There is a snow storm outside also. At the end of the day I like to read about other people who live in a difficult environment. Your information was very informative. Das Ve Danya.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:33 AM

8 posts, read 11,511 times
Lonely villages in the center of Russia is a half more of trouble. At us in our region (The Southern federal district the Russian Federation) old plants and sanatoria (generally wine, or dairy) which don't work now are empty.Полный список Ð*унета - заброшенные объекты в Краснодарски й край (Ð*оссия) - here it is possible to find information on some thrown objects in Krasnodar Krai. (I think, all have translators therefore everyone will understand the main contents of each text)

Old 01-30-2013, 11:21 PM

I have heard of abandoned old Russian plants and large farms. Unfortunately, there are several places in the continental United States with the same problems.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:43 AM

Good evening, sorry for the late reply. Not enough free time. First, Depardieu old joker, so many people think Russian people. Second, live in Russia is not so terrible. We live in the same civilization as in Europe or in America. You can not even imagine how much we depend on your country. No one is killed, in Russia live are good people. And in remote villages too have a civilization. This is a small world.

Old 02-02-2013, 04:54 AM

11 posts, read 28,702 times
Why would you want to move to an abandoned village? It's probably abandoned for reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe